syrene
syrene

Posted: 05 March 2006 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today

whenver i see or face this kind of stereotyping i always remember this song.
TiN24 Goldie
TiN24
TiN24

Posted: 06 March 2006 at 9:55am | IP Logged
LT:

I appreciate your feedback and I was just using the whole nose thing as an example. Every nose is beautiful cause God made it to suit your face. I was just being sarcastic cause I know how much people make fun at other people's nose and that encourages them to go get a nose job to look better, etc. And really they are making themselves look worse by changing what they already have that's naturally beautiful.

Hope that helps. Big smile
DivyaD IF-Rockerz
DivyaD
DivyaD

Posted: 07 March 2006 at 2:02am | IP Logged
Beauty is only skin deep. It is one's action's and thought that determine one's beauty. External beauty is only superficial it is what is on the inside that really shapes beauty. You could be beatiful with an exceptional figure, but you could have a cutting tongue and a black heart. This would get you nowhere - unless the society you live in caters to external beauty rather than strength of character.
As was explained earlier - The idea of fainess + beauty n vice versa is very deep rooted and each person responds to this in whichever way they were brought up or however their attitudes have taken shape.
One needs to look deeper than whats on top and accept that looks aren't what makes the world go round (unless you're a model or in the movie industry... lol) LOL
jasunap IF-Sizzlerz
jasunap
jasunap

Posted: 07 March 2006 at 2:56am | IP Logged
light skin is considered superior not just in india or asia or europe but all over the owrld. you just have to be around with a dark skin in a white nation to figure out what im saying. but then all the white skin people across the globe spend a fortune to get to the beach and parlours, so they can look tan and brown and like chocolate. basically they want light skin so they can turn brown and feel good about it. where we already have brown skin - why dont we just feel proud of that and know we are superior?

irrespective of your nose ear and eyes, goodness in your heart does reflect on your face. (it probably bounces off the light skin LOL )Think colour for fair people and a few shades come to mind. Think colour for dusky skins and a riot of colour springs up. Whether it's make up or clothes, the duskier ones can carry off anything with elan. But I have seen any number of fair-skinned damsels reject one shade because it contrasts so desperately with their skin or reject another because its brightness makes them look palid. Imagine the amount of trouble fair skins go through. Too dark a colour and it makes your skin look pale in contrast. Too light, and you simply look washed out.

It's shameful how, in our country, colour rates higher than character. constant belittling or emphasis on the colour of a dusky or dark-skinned person can lead to an inferiority complex and low self esteem. a strong cultural bias in favour of fair skins is now deeply ingrained, whether we admit it or not.

Such insecurities are exploited by the manufacturers of fairness products. Not to mention advertisers who extol the virtues of fair skins and represent a change of colour as changing everything unsatisfactory about your life. Miraculously, your problems will fade away with your dark skin. Life will be as rosy as the complexion of the girl in the ad. A handsome (and fair!) prince will appear and make all your dreams come true. The implication being that only white is right.

dark is beautiful...look at rekha, tanushree dutta, bipasha,nandita das, to just name a few who have made it big and have everybody drooling over them. forget colour...leave it to the colour blind and you are one up on the world Big smile

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 07 March 2006 at 5:26am | IP Logged

Its really pathetic the way girls today go crazy about wanting to be fair.Does being fair make a person superior to anyone else? Now look at all the ads for marriage. they are all the same, they all want a "fair" girl.

I have a friend, who has the same mindset. Hundred times a day she will ask me, am i fair or not? She's just obsessed with it.

And then u see those ads, of fair and lovely and all the other stupid fairness creams. They all convey the same idea, If u r dark , u r ugly and noone will look at u twice.

A fair person is not necesarily beautiful. And even beauty doesn't last for long.

Look at the filmstars, r they really so fair? No , not at all. its all makeup.

Look at rani mukherjee , see her pic without makeup. She's so darh , yet everyone loves her respects her.

Look at kajol, she's so dark. But still she is one of the most beautiful actresses bollywood ever has had.

TiN24 Goldie
TiN24
TiN24

Posted: 07 March 2006 at 10:05am | IP Logged
If you really want to know the truth....ALL bollywood actresses are dark skinned to begin with. Its the magic of makeup and MOSTLY foundation powder that makes them look lighter. I used to think Ash was light skinned...but if you see her pics without makeup, even some with makeup, she's fair....not light skin. Even Madhuri used to be dark skinned in her earlier movies. Look at Bipasha Basu.....she's dark. Esha Deol is dark. Priyanka Chopra is dark.......and look at even SRK....he's REALLY dark. But because he's a guy....no one says anything.

You can tell a persons true skin color by just looking at the color of their hands and compare it with their face...its like black and white literally.

And if there is this misconception that only light skinned women are considered superior and beautiful, how do you explain people like Beyonce, Iman (the model from Africa), Halle Berry? All these actresses are dark skinned or fair and are considered the some of the most beautiful women in the world. Don't look at their ethnicity and say that's why they are dark.....look at the fact that they are women, they are actresses and they are beautiful.....just like everyone else.

I don't know how else to get the message out loud and clear that everyone is beautiful in their own way.....like it or love it.

Go to top