Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

samie

IF-Veteran Member

samie

Posted: 18 February 2006 at 7:47am | IP Logged
i think every1 is beautiful but when they do a jackson estyle they jus become pathetic n plastic Dead

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Fair&Lovely vs. Dark&Ugly (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kay Kay

Groupbie

Kay Kay

Posted: 20 February 2006 at 1:38am | IP Logged
We fail to notice that everything has a beauty to it. When looking for faults one should use a mirror and not a telescope.

Edited by Kay Kay - 20 February 2006 at 1:40am

Satlaj

Satlaj

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Don't you guys think ekta kapoor and other tv serial maker, they just want Indian girls to get married. Don't these girls have any other aim in life.. "Pati parmeshwar hai.. aur mai chardo ki dasi..???" why this is the only thing they show. And about beauty.. it's just the perception.. when you love someone.. slowly the person start looking beautiful to you.

MOTI123

Goldie

MOTI123

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 5:31am | IP Logged
I feel you cannot judget beauty by colour. If a girl is fair and doesnt have good features she cannot b considered as beatiful
there are loooooot of dark girls who have sharp features which will add them to the group of beautiful ladies. and Its not only the colour that makes a girl beautiful but how she presents herself is also important. Her attitude, dressing, walking style, mannerisms the way she deals with others charm everything counts. A girl may b dark but she can hold herself in such a way that no fair girl can compete with her. So i think the colour doesnt take that important role in a girl's marriage

delilah

Goldie

delilah

Posted: 28 February 2006 at 11:00pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Kay Kay

We fail to notice that everything has a beauty to it. When looking for faults one should use a mirror and not a telescope.

Well Said...ClapClapClap

Even i dont understand why people who criticise others almost always fail to look at themselves first.....

One cannot judge a book based on its cover... our Indian society is really pathetic in the way they treat their girls....the list of prejudices against them is simply endless...Thumbs Down

Just because a girl may be dark skinned  is no reason as to why she should be given a different treatment...Ultimately it is who you are inside that counts...

an0nymous

IF-Sizzlerz

an0nymous

Posted: 05 March 2006 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by T.

look at what becoming Fair and "lovely"Wacko did to Micheal Jackson?

...........he looks diseased and sickly !!LOL

He looks so gross.Dead

an0nymous

IF-Sizzlerz

an0nymous

Posted: 05 March 2006 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by delilah

Originally posted by Kay Kay

Well Said...ClapClapClap

Even i dont understand why people who criticise others almost always fail to look at themselves first.....

One cannot judge a book based on its cover... our Indian society is really pathetic in the way they treat their girls....the list of prejudices against them is simply endless...Thumbs Down

Just because a girl may be dark skinned  is no reason as to why she should be given a different treatment...Ultimately it is who you are inside that counts...

I Agree!

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 05 March 2006 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
"It doesn't matter what's on the outside, its what's on the inside that counts".

This statement is very easy to say (just as I have said right now), but VERY hard to live by. We each have our own mental picture of what's good-looking in a person and what's not. We can say that dark is beautiful and why doesn't society except people of this skin color...but my question is..ask yourself one on one what would happen if you got married to a dark skinned person? Its easier to say that color doesn't matter when it comes to other people, but when it comes to ourselves personally...we tend to pick and choose.

I am not trying to be harsh....I'm just being honest. We say we don't mind, but really we do. Reason being.....because of the sterotypes society had laid out for us before we were even born. We have grown up in a society where light color skin is beautiful and dark color skin is unattractive, where blue eyes are more prettier than black, where thin is better than healthy, where long hair is better than short, where a small round nose is better than a long narrow nose.

I hate these sterotypes and I hate society. If anyone doesn't like me for me...then I will personally make a eye doctors appointment for them myself. Society doesn't run our lives, we run our lives and therefore society has no right to tell me or anyone what we should look like to live happily in this world.

I may not be the most prettiest person in the world, but I am what I am and if no guy can handle that, then its his loss..not mine.

When you look at saloni from Saat Phere, she is pretty. I don't look at her skin color. I have seen people who are even darker than saloni and just as pretty...so what's the big deal? I fail to understand what the big issue is? Whatever it is....I don't care.

My advice to all people that are insecure about themselves and feel they are not worthy of anything cause of their looks....don't worry. Be who you are, look the way you feel comfortable and if anyone says anything about you...ignore them cause the more you ignore them the more they get upset.....so in the end...you win! Wink God made you the way you are for a reason, so stay the way you are cause whatever makes you different...makes you beautiful. Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top