IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 3:54pm | IP Logged

Today, in the news I heard this, and wanted share and discuss with you all:

Here is the news:

Lahore observes shutter down to denounce cartoons 
(Updated at 1340 PST)
LAHORE: Lahore on Tuesday observing complete shutter down to protest against sacrilegious cartoons published in European media. 

Over 400 markets and business centers observing total strike called by business community. Trade representatives said that the entire business community taking part in the strike regardless of their differences. People belonged to Muslim League (Q), Muslim League (N), Peoples Party and Jaamat-i-Islami and other political parties join hands in the strike to convey the world that no comprise being possible on Thafuz Namoos-i-Risaalat. 

Shutter down in Faisalabad tomorrow against cartoons
(Updated at 1320 PST)
FAISALABAD: Trade organizations and religious scholars in Faisalabad call shutter down strike tomorrow to protest the publication of blasphemous cartoons in European print media.

The decision was taken during a meeting of representatives of trade organizations and religious scholars. Trade organizations represented by Nawaz Vohra whereas ulama ikram represented by Maulana Yousif Amwar , naib ameer of Jaamiat Al Haadish.

Hyderabad protests sacrilegious sketches
(Updated at 1245 PST)
HYDERABAD: The second largest city of the province of Sindh is observing here complete strike in protest against the publications of sacrilegious sketches in some of the European countries.

All small and big shopping centres including Resham Bazar, Shahi Bazar, Chotki Gitti, New Cloth Market, Jamia Market, Sabzi Mandi and shops on the station road are observing shutter down strike on the call of Anjuman Tajiran, Hyderabad. The traders have also put up banners at vantage points of the city venting out their sentiments against the main culprit Denmark. 

Protest against cartoons in Islamabad
(Updated at 1200 PST) By Mazhar Tufail
ISLAMABAD: The protesters from local colleges held demonstration against blasphemous cartoons here on Tuesday.

The protestors forced closure of shops and damaged the property. They had also entered into diplomatic enclave after breaking the entrance. Police used tear gas to disperse the demonstrators but they continued their march towards the embassies of Denmark and Norway. 

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/index.html

Protesters storm into diplomatic enclave in Pakistan; two shot dead LAHORE, Pakistan (AP) Thousands of protesters rampaged through two Pakistani cities Tuesday, storming into a diplomatic district, setting fire to Western businesses and a local government building in the country's worst wave of violence against the blasphemous cartoons, officials said. At least two people were also killed and 11 injured. In Lahore protesters burned down four three-story buildings housing a hotel, two banks, a KFC restaurant and the office of Norwegian cell phone company, Telenor. Witnesses said rioters also damaged over 200 cars, dozens of shops, and a large portrait of President Gen. Pervez Musharraf. Among the businesses targeted were a Holiday Inn hotel, Pizza Hut and McDonald's restaurants, where windows were broken. Two cinemas were also torched. A security guard shot dead two protesters trying to force their way into a bank, said Interior Minister Aftab Khan Sherpao. A doctor at a state-run hospital said three other people were being treated for serious bullet injuries, and eight more had injuries from clashes with police. The law minister for Punjab province said no one has been arrested for the violence, but those responsible would be punished. In Islamabad a crowd of 1,000 and 1,500 people marched into a fenced-off diplomatic enclave through the main gate. Police rounded up about 50 protesters from there.(First Posted @ 12:10 PST Updated @ 21:44 PST)

http://www.dawn.com/2006/02/14/welcome.htm

My Question is:

Is it worth it?? the Cartoonist apologized, the governoment apologized, then why arent ppl ending the issue??

If Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) was alive, you do think He would have done the same??

then why are we doing this, and making a joke out of ourselves?? Why are ppl distroy their own country??

Cartoon was made and published in Denmark, then why put Punjab Natinal Assembaly on fire?? why are they distroying Pakistan??

Do you think, burning Flags and maps and puppets will get us to somwhere??

My take on all this is that, agar Muslims apas main larhna band kar deh, aur apna mazak urwana bandh kar deh, tu shaeed we can get to somwhere.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Think About it! ....................." in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
I completely agree. But from what I hear, the government appologized but not the cartoonist cause they say its freedom of speech for them. But anyhow, I am really disappointed in Pakistan for destroying their own country with their own hands.

Its really sad cause there are a lot more other ways to get your anger out at the right people and right country....not your own people and your own people. Angry

CuteFairy91

IF-Rockerz

CuteFairy91

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
I think the person who drew the cartoons earned himself a place in hell. Angry I think what ever he did will never be forgiven. Cry

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 15 February 2006 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali

My Question is:

Is it worth it?? the Cartoonist apologized, the governoment apologized, then why arent ppl ending the issue??

If Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) was alive, you do think He would have done the same??

then why are we doing this, and making a joke out of ourselves?? Why are ppl distroy their own country??

Cartoon was made and published in Denmark, then why put Punjab Natinal Assembaly on fire?? why are they distroying Pakistan??

Do you think, burning Flags and maps and puppets will get us to somwhere??

My take on all this is that, agar Muslims apas main larhna band kar deh, aur apna mazak urwana bandh kar deh, tu shaeed we can get to somwhere.

i agree with you saba!

if people believe in peace then why are we they burning consulates and other places. aren't they punishing people for someone else's mistakes?

i think the right approach is to all islamic countries to unite and demand a permanent solution to such offensive cartoons and write ups.

khoon kharabe se kya haasil hoga?

amreen1409

IF-Dazzler

amreen1409

Posted: 15 February 2006 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Very good topic! I will edit this post after a while with my POV Smile

Farhanas

Farhanas

Posted: 15 February 2006 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
100% agree with u sabahat...I think pakistani ppl are very stupid in this way that they destroy their own country anytime anything happens no matter what it is & where it is, specially burning your own property is not taking you anywhere, bus apna hee nuqsaan kar rahay ho, most of the times innocent people got killed in these incidents, when I went to karachi I was looking at that KFC in Gulshane Iqbal which was burned down & 4 young people were burned to death inside of it & I was feeling so sad, why did they burn it to ashes just because it was an american franchise, was that made any diff to anybody other then the families of those innocent ppl who were dead, Allah hee is qaum kaa hafiz hay shayad kisi din aqal aa jaye Cry

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 15 February 2006 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Very well said Saba . I have a similar thread in DM , hope you will post there too . Infact like i mentioned in the thread in DM - if all the moderate rational muslims started voicing their concern and asking the Radical rioting Muslims to stop , won't it make a difference ??

I am sure Prophet Mohammad , who preached love and peace would be very upset that people in his name are becoming so violent over a stupid cartoon .

We must remember no matter how much one tries to degrade and insult something mighty like GOD or the Prophet , one can not succeed , but will end up looking foolish . Its like if you spit at heaven , what will happen ???? The spit will fall on your face !! So shouldn't these fools be ignored now . Enough has been done and said as protests.

Hope nobody misunderstands me , it seems i attempted to say the same things earlier and was misunderstood because i am simply a non- Muslim .

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 15 February 2006 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
aww aparna di dun worry u wont b misunderstood this time

Yea I agree with wat all of u said.

no doubt wat was done was wrong. the castoons tht were published in the danish paper were bad. the most famous 1 is the 1 with Prophet Muhammad's turban with a bomb in it...but others are a lot worse thn them....theres 1 tht had prophet muhammad (pbuh) portrayed as a pig..like a human head on a pig body type of thing and he is writing the Quran...itz bad 2 have ne1 portrayed as a pig let alone a religios figure of a religion tht looks down upon pigs and sees thm as the worst animal...and WRITING the quran???? the quran is Allah's words and no human rote it or cud have ritten it.
another 1 had a pic of the quran with a huge swastica (dunno how 2 spell it da nazi symbol durin WW2) on da cover and on the side it said "the religion of peace...hah my a**).....these cartoons are disrespectful tthey show how ignorant the artists are.

ok so we all agree tht what was done was wrong....no1 can deny tht.

but wat the muslims did in retaliation was even worse. Yes the Danish were wrong but it wasnt violent...Muslims retreated 2 violence and tht is bad...they KILLED innocent ppl and thtz not good!! Islam is the religion of peace but with crazy extremists hu dunno their religion properly and misinterpret EVERYTHING and claim 2 b "religious" no nonmulsim is eva gonna believe tht ISlam is a religion of peace. they make all other muslims look bad and they r the 1z hu need 2 b taken care of (sorry if i sound 2 harsh but i have sumthing against extremist "islamic"(-in qoutes cuz i think der actionz r totally unislamic) groups..but tht is a whole different topic)

when sumthing bad is done u dun try 2 do something worse in retaliation cuz thn u got a war goin on and inoe tht no1 likez blud shed (xcept a bunch of weirdos out there)...v shud try 2 find peaceful solutions 2 everything not violent 1z cuz violence iz ez but wrong and peace is da rite way 2 approach solutionz

i think the leaders of all da muslim countries shud have gotten 2gether and written a letter or made a proposal 2 Denamrkz governmet and all of it cud have been done a lot more peacefully and in a civilized manner.....rioting and bobing embassies killz innocent pplz and in da end the muslims end up killing 1 and another

Post Reply New Post

Go to top