Other Shows

Who will be the face of 2005?

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

The Idol has been crowned. The Baazigars are ready to pitch their business ideas and the saas - bahu battles are meeting their match in the sparring between an Indian chef and a Pakistani head waiter.

Yet, it is the femme fatales who continue to hook the couch potato. If 2002 belonged to Smriti Irani as the young Tulsi, 2003 was the year that Mandira gave cricket a new dimension and 2004 had Gauri Pradhan had viewers glued to their TV sets.

Who then will be the face that will drive television viewership in 2005? The irrepressible Kareena, caught forever in the dilemma of her dual identity? The spectacled and fringed Jassi, who's on the brink of turning into a glam doll? The talented Gurpreet, who after being Dr Juhi in Sanjivani, is poised to make a splash with Zee's next opus, Sindoor? Or will it be the yet-to-be-seen Mona Wasu, the new Vinta Nanda find, who will get the fame-n-name that Navneet Nishan did post Tara?

It could be any of these, or perhaps, someone else altogether! But we are placing our

bets on these faces, a few of whom have already proved their mettle, and some who seem to have the potential to rock the small screen. The next nine months should tell.

Kulraj Kaur Randhawa

She's better known as Kareena of the small screen. A few modeling assignments was all this Punjabi kudi had under her belt before she landed the key double role in the Zee show midway last year. She may not have those come hither looks, but those dimples do the trick well. As the harried Kareena who has to double up as Mrs Sood for a job, and yet try to vie for Tushar's attention, Kulraj's been doing a commendable job.
The year ahead may well belong to this vivacious young lady if she manages to pick a few other right roles along the way.

Gurdip Kohli

Among the original four member cast of Sanjivani, Gurdip was the only one who stuck on after the first few months. And the only one who reaped the fruits of its success as the serial completed two years in January. She has the looks, the sincerity and the talent to go places once the show winds up, which it will this year. Gurdip has already made her mark as an actor in Sony's Rihhaee in which she appeared in two episodes, as a battered housewife. She will be seen next in Zee's big show, Sindoor, that takes off by late March. The year may well belong to her.

Mona Singh

Jasmeet Walia's about to be exposed. As the glamorous Jassi, no less, by this month end. After that, Mona Singh, thus far suppressed under specs, braces and the fringe, will be at liberty to accept other contracts apart from Sony.Even as the changed Jassi, we hear, Mona will have an opportunity to exhibit her histrionic skills for at least another four months. Jassi's enthralled viewers for nearly two years now. Will she be able to sustain her magic even after the transformation? We believe she will.

Mona Wasu

You haven't seen her yet. But as the protagonist of Vinta Nanda's Miilee on Star Plus, Mona could be the one the year belongs to. Remember, Vinta's last big serial, Zee's Tara turned Navneet Nishan into an icon? Mona, as Vinta's find, must definitely have acting skills on her side. As for the serial, Miilee revolves around Mona, and is a woman oriented serial. Watch out for this girl.

Posted on 8 March 2005

from indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cutereems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mona singh I think she will be face of year
mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Kulraj Randhwa aka Kareena

Thanks for sharing it with us😊

Mysterygirl_me thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thankx for sharing i guess it would be mona singh and mona wasu
sheena_22 thumbnail
kulraj randhawa(kareena)
** kareena ** thumbnail
Kareenaaaaaaaaaaaa I mean kulraj kaur ofcourse . She has to be it 😉
poison ivy thumbnail
mona singh.. aka jasmeet walia aka jassi! lol
anam2004 thumbnail
Salaam! I vote for Mona Singh AKA JASSI!!!!!!!! :)
I mean it! she should be the face of 2005!!!
Edited by anam2004 - 19 years ago
sarah Naeem thumbnail
i think it whould be non other than Dr. JUHI -   😊  GURDEEP
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I think it will be Jassi because her makeover has takenthe nation by storm ; close on heels will be Gurdeep Kohli. She is very good.