India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

Ashish in Kahiye Toh - Fantabulous!

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 1:33am | IP Logged

OMG.......If this guy gets any hotter, I think I will have to immigrate to the North Pole to chill off!

Kahiye Toh showed a special feature on Ashish today shot at his residence.......and man, all those who missed it, what can I, something's are just seen to be believed. He looked so dashing, so attractive, if you guys think he rocks as DK, u should have just seen him in today's episode, with a casual Tee and Jeans.......seriously, I just felt like flying down to Mumbai and planting a kiss on his cheeks.....hey, nothing sexual about it, what I mean is, that he was absolutely adorable, the kinds you would like to pull cheeks and give a warm hug to!

He came across as warm, intelligent, droll, charming, candid, passionate and so full of life! I am not saying this because we are friends or something, but objectively speaking, when compared to some of the other actor's who's interviews were shown, this guy stood out so remarkably, the difference was there to see for all eyes!

Ok, enough rambling, back to the Interview. Chhavi Mittal (sitting in the studio) introuduced the viewers to Ashish by stating, ''Yeh who kalakaar hain, jinhone zee tv ke saare darshokon ke dil aur dimag par apni acting & style ke anokhe andaaz se apni amit chaap chod di hai, aur phihal sabke dil par chaye huain hai. Ji haan mein baat kar rahin hoon Tumhari Disha ke DK ki, jinka naam, Ashish Nayyar. Chaliye Ashish se milte hain unhi ke ghar par aur jaante hain unke kirdaar ke peeche chupe insaan ko!'' (Translation – I am talking about the actor who has left an indelible impression upon the minds and hearts of numerous Zee TV viewers through his unique acting and style. I am talking about Tumhari Disha's DK, who's name is Ashish Nayyar. Lets meet Ashish, in his own house, and let us discover the person behind the character. – (Hey Chhavi, India-Forums discovered the person behind him yesterday, you are a day late Babe!)

The Camera shifts to Ashish smiling brightly for the audience, he is wearing an Off-white Tee shirt (the types you get in Goa, the funky, gypsy Tee's with some funny modern prints on them!) and blue jeans. His house looked just like him, warm, cosy and so inviting…..and pretty spacious too (considering its Mumbai!). He stays in the 3rd floor of his building, and the episode showed his living room, a glimpse of his bedroom and the kitchen (that's what I could make out!) They showed in him various cuts, one in which he is wearing a check shirt and jeans, one with the above mentioned Tee and Jeans. Then they showed him driving a jeep (yes, he has just brought one! Imagine, as if he is so sexy, on top of that if he drives a jeep in Mumbai……I can only imagine the state of his neighbors, the girls I mean!) and then they show him driving a Bike (Don't ask me, too much!) inside the premises of his building!

Ashish then introduces himself to the audience (he speaks for most part in English and switches to Hinglish in the later part of the interview) in his sexy baritone voice. I really can't transcribe the entire interview as it was shot in a very MTV style with a lots of cuts and editing, but I will give you the gist of it!

Ashish talks about how he got into acting by stating that he had realized it quite early in life (when in Delhi) that he wants to pursue a career in acting and for that he took his Mom's advice and guidance to move to Mumbai. Ashish then says that if he had not been in the showbiz line, then he would have been a businessman (hmmm, do we see the resemblance to someone!) and that he would have been a garment exporter as he was always very interested in fashion and style, but anyhow things did worked out differently and here he is playing DK in Tumhari Disha. Ashish then says that he is a very focused person by nature, extremely passionate and serious about everything he does and feels. He hates leaving things in-between and always achieves what he sets out for. Ashish feels that he connects to DK on many levels, especially DK's rage, passion, intensity and love and that he has in some or the other point in his life, undergone the same turmoil that DK has, but on a different platform!

Ashish then says that what differentiates him from DK's character is that Ashish while sharing the qualities of passion and intensity with DK, is also a fun person and loves enjoying life to the full. He is basically very chilled out, doesn't lose his cool very often and enjoys life thoroughly as it comes. Ashish is an out and out outdoors person and given an opportunity, he drives out of Mumbai (which he doesn't seem to like too much, I think!) to the wilderness with a pitch tent of his which he has recently purchased.

Ashish like to read, but is not all that into books, and does catch up on some good books whenever he gets the time. But his real hobby and favorite pastime is watching Movies and his favourite actor is Al Pacino, is favourite movie is Scent of a Woman and his favourite Director is Martin Sorcerice (Can't get his spelling, but this guy is the Director of ''Gangs of New York'') He speaks about Al Pacino, Robert Di Niro and Martin Scorceresi (All American Italians!!!) and says that he really admires their work because they put across their inner thoughts and feelings on screen with amazing fluidity!

Ashish then speaks about his likes and dislikes and says that (note this girls….) he cannot tolerate stupidity and that he is found of intelligent conversation and intelligent people (:ahem: I think this was an indirect compliment to all of us from hottie!) around him!

ATTENTION ALL LADIES : Ashish then grins in his endearing way and speaks on his Single Status in Life and says that he really enjoys being single, but its not as if he is against Marriage in anyway! He says that  there are both pros and cons of being single and since he has experience only one side of it, he finds it very liberating and relaxing (Oh, that's why the dude is not hooked up till now, he thinks of having a wife as being shackled and unrelaxing???) and that he has not really given much thought to his Single Status.

Ashish then talks about Anuj (he did not mention the connection, but I assume he must be his close friend or cousin) and says that when they were both in Delhi, they had brought similar bikes together and used to go cruising around in the city (causing flutter to many a hearts…..I wonder how Ashish & I never bumped into each other in Delhi…considering our respective schools very so close by??? Destiny, damn it!) And that Ashish misses the old times (awwwwwwww, come back to Delhi buddy, I can't ride a bike, but can always be a pillion rider and we can both cruise around Delhi like old times…..)

Then they show Ashish in his bedroom (again this is my assumption, but it did look like his bedroom) where he is sitting on his Computer Table and Surfing (hey, hey, flirting with DKaddict on India-forums!) and then they show him in his Kitchen! Meanwhile

Ashish is preparing a dish, he calls, ''Taxi Mutton Curry'' (This is the same one that he talked about in Khana Khazana) and says that he is a complete foodie and that he enjoys cooking as much as he enjoys eating good food! He talks about the history of this Dish, and says that when he was in Delhi (he keeps referring to Delhi, must be missing it hell of a lot!) he had purchased a second-hand Car, a Nissan, it drove well for quite some time, but later it started giving a lot of trouble and Ashish had to take the Car regularly to the local Garage for getting it repaired. During the course of this, he became quite friendly with all the mechanics and largely found himself hanging around with them more and more. He used to notice them cooking some kind of a delicious, hot Mutton Curry and they all seemed to enjoy it a lot. One day, one of the Mechanics offered a bite of his Lunch and Ashish completely fell in love with this recipe and till this date, its his favorite one! (Oh, guys he is so down-to earth….and he wonders about his ever expanding fan base!) Then they show that the Dish is cooked, looking sumptuous (hey, that is a compliment, considering I am a pure Vegetarian and don't even take Egg & Garlic!) and Ashish takes a piece out of the Pan, and tastes it, then rolls his eyes in his adorable manner and says, ''Ummm, heavenly.'' (Er, excuse me, dear Ash, but let this ''Ummm heavenly'' be said by someone else!)

I guess that was about it, I might have missed some snippet of his conversations, he did talk a lot about DK's character, he seems to be as fascinated by him, as all of us here are! All in all, he looked very guy-next-door but at the same time, very attractive, especially when they showed a shot of him lying down casually on his Mattress with one leg ontop of the other! Very impressive interview, but at times he seemed to be speaking a bit too rapidly (he always does that, btw!) and I really could not make sense of what he was trying to convey. Need to go a bit slow while talking, I think!

Hope you guys found the transcription interesting, of course, watching on screen is a different ball game altogether, but as I am aware that Kahiye Toh is not aired anywhere except India and is most definitely not repeated, I wanted to share this with all of you! It was a smashing interview!

Cheerios,

Disha

PS : Hey Ashu, if you happen to read this, please don't get taken aback by my comments, or think otherwise, I only comment upon you being sexy, desirable, etc, etc, to spice up the update!

…..seriously, I think of you as my Brother! (Stop giggling girls, especially you, Becky and Lata!)

dkdisha Senior Member
dkdisha
dkdisha

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 1:57am | IP Logged

wow thanks so much disha for posting i would really love to watch it but it was only aired in India thats too bad but thanks for letting us know

Jessi Embarrassed

memsaab IF-Rockerz
memsaab
memsaab

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 1:58am | IP Logged

Disha....

I understand what you are trying to say.. when you are saying.. "I just felt like flying down to Mumbai and planting a kiss on his cheeks....."

Funny.. but when I watched that frozen curry ad.. he looks like some 18-19 yr old boy.. hahaha I felt like.. ohhhh he is my sweeet little kid brother.. and felt like giving him a BIIIIG hug..

Asian Princess Goldie
Asian Princess
Asian Princess

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 2:05am | IP Logged

AWWWWWW Ashish Big smile is soooo Cute disha seriously i wished in lived in India i really wanted to see kaihye toh Ouch!!! Thank you sooo much for the article though!! Wished i saw ashish driving his bike and riding his jeep i loved to take aride with himm loll WinkEmbarrassed!!!!

I'm sure ashish will love your comments anyway Smile!!!!

loll i think i went bit too excited yesterday after i chatted to him Big smilebecause it was my friends bday too and i kept saying ashishs b day lolll it really annyoned her loll had to promise not to mention ashishs namee lolll LOL

thanks for that disha Smile

love Asian Princess

Edited by Asian Princess - 13 March 2005 at 2:05am
memsaab IF-Rockerz
memsaab
memsaab

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 2:07am | IP Logged

Asian Princess,

Somebody has said that she will try to send me the video clip of the interview.. in lieu of some of the clips I have posted here..so when I get it.. I would definitely share with you guys...

memsaab

Asian Princess Goldie
Asian Princess
Asian Princess

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 2:09am | IP Logged

Thank youu sooo muchh memsaabbb Big smile!!!! loll your the best you always comet o the rescue loll Smile

love asian princess

p.s. wish he was 18 or 19 i'd have a better chanceWink loll just joking Embarrassed

Edited by Asian Princess - 13 March 2005 at 2:10am
dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 2:21am | IP Logged

Thanks a ton, Disha!!! I'm also pure veg- no egg, no garlic, and no onion! People in this country think you must starve to death if you tell them that!! LOL!

Oh, Memsaab! We're not worthy! We're not worthy! LOL LOL LOL Can't wait to see it! Thanks in advance!!

-DKaddict

Edited by dkaddict - 13 March 2005 at 2:25am
Fizak IF-Dazzler
Fizak
Fizak

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 3:27am | IP Logged

hi disha

even i have seen the interview ..it was really fabulous!!Winkthanks for telling otherwise i would have missed it...he looks more dashing than in the colgate ad...anyways u mention abt his interview in Pioneer ...i would tried to get it...as i don't think it is a popular newpaper so most of our paperwala doesn't have it here..but i have told them ..if i could get it then i would definately post it up....

thanks again for informing

Fiza

Go to top