Crime or cricket? Ankola decides

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Salil Ankola
Salil Ankola has walked out of Sony's CID — Special Bureau for a Zee News assignment, Match Ka Maharaja Kaun, for the current India-Pakistan cricket series. The cricketer-turned-actor has been missing from the Sony show for more than a month now.

Analysis-based show

Says Yash Patnaik, supervising producer for CID — Special Bureau, "Salil came to me on January 9 and said he had a lovely offer from Zee for an analysis segment on cricket, and could not avoid it. I tried my best to dissuade him and asked him if there was any way he would refrain. He replied in the negative."

Channel affected

Reveals an insider from the channel, "People at Sony are terribly upset with Ankola's attitude. Maybe Salil was tempted by a fat packet, but his behaviour was very unprofessional. Sony has questioned Fireworks (the production house) about how the main actor can just get up and quit, leaving the show in the lurch.

Ankola's character wasn't concluded before he left, neither did they explain his missing status from the show. It has been very frustrating for the channel, which has not been doing well in the last few months."

Recently, Zee acquired the No 2 position among television channels. Sony held No 2 for a long time, but the failure of five recent shows — Fame Gurukul, Celebrity Fame Gurukul, Indian Idol 2, Ek Ladki Anjaani Si, Deal Ya No Deal — have tilted the scales in Zee's favour.

Salil to return

Will Fireworks take Ankola back in CID — Special Bureau? Says Patnaik, "Salil returns by the end of this month. There are at least fifteen more days to go. I cannot say anything. Everything will be decided by Sony."

Who is Salil Ankola?

Born in Sholapur, Salil Ankola is a commerce graduate from Pune. He entered the Indian cricket squad as a pace bowler when he was just 18. Just when it looked like he had a long cricketing career ahead of him, he developed a tumour in his leg.

Surgery followed, and Salil was forced to abort his cricketing ambitions.

He made good use of his looks though, and started scouting roles in television and films. He debuted on the small screen with the serial, Chahat Aur Nafrat. Then came Kora Kagaz, Khaki and Kurukshetra. There was a time, when Ankola did not want to hear even the word "cricket"!

noooo!! how cud he leave CID SB!! i wish he comes back!!
Oh! I will miss the love square...what will happen to Jasmine? Priya, what do you say?
is he coming back to c.s.b

Originally posted by Hira Kadri

is he coming back to c.s.b

I don't think so...but I hope so...

i think he will deffinetly come back to cid sb...
aab ye cricket kitne din chlne wala hai....
thode din me mathces khatam ho jayenge..tab kya karega vo...
hehe...just another fiasco...stupid rumors... 🤢
that is not at all good news 😭 I am glad now there is no love between akshay and jasmine as i was not for that. maybe now we will see jamine and tejali