Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

euro_pakigal

Goldie

euro_pakigal

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 5:52am | IP Logged

Guys i dont no if u no abt dis but listen those people that defend the cartoons and use da excuse "freedom of speech" is totally false becuz the countries that said "freedom of speech" etc.. etc.. and were saying the cartoons we'rent wrong becus we have to have freedom of speech BUT  let me tell u here in europe da main countries like  france germany are known as "democratic,liberal and modern countries" and they also defend and they believe in freedom of speech but tlet  me tell ya der aint no freedom of speech here i know im living in one of those countries such as france and i no ive actually seen dis.for example we're not allowed to discuss "Hitlers holocause" anywher skools,colleges,unis and u name it

so tell me wher has freedom of speech gone now????????

why only for muslims we rnt even allowed to discuss politics lyk all de bad pints of da west and americas domination over da world or talk abt da muslims countries occupied by da west wher is freedom of speech now?

so do u agree wid me and say freedom of speech duznt exist and its just an excuse used for muslims?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Freedom of speech???not true?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 9:44am | IP Logged
its not only muslims, they do it to christians, jews and hindus...but u are partly right cos freedom speech, its mostly used wen they want to say something that could offend a religion

Misfit_

Goldie

Misfit_

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 10:13am | IP Logged
There's a lot of hypocricy in this world. With freedom of speech, comes a greater responsibility of not offending/instigating the masses. It's not just Muslims that are targets, though. I think because of events going on in the world, Islam and it's followers are always put on the spot, so it may seem like it to you... Regardless, there's no such thing called total "freedom of speech".

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by goth princess

its not only muslims, they do it to christians, jews and hindus

I agree with you completely !

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by euro_pakigal

for example we're not allowed to discuss "Hitlers holocause" anywher skools,colleges,unis and u name it

What do you mean exactly ? I am sure if you want to discuss it in the Historical context , it would be in your history books too .

But if some people like the Iranian President who mocks the holocaust and denies ever there was such a thing . But preeches that it was made up by the Jewish people to gain symapthy of the World. And people want to follow his lead , i can understand if the authorities take offense to such propoganda !

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 4:07pm | IP Logged

it's sad when people misuse freedom of expression. freedom of expression doesn't mean that you can write & say whatever you feel like and hurt other's sentiments.

what have our world come to? there is no respect for other's sentiments. everyone thinks that what they say is their right and freedom of expression.

may be they don't know that in islam it is strictly forbidden to draw pictures of mohammed let alone offensive ones. so once they learnt that they should have apologized instead of raking up the issue. i also don't support the violent reaction of muslims. on one side you say that your belief teaches peace then what are you doing here burning down the consulates?

each country needs to respect people of other faith and stop forcing their rules on them. be it france or s.arabia.

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by yeh_ada_143

Regardless, there's no such thing called total "freedom of speech".

egggggggggggjactly! Clap

Uk_Princez

IF-Dazzler

Uk_Princez

Posted: 15 February 2006 at 4:17am | IP Logged
i agree wid u der is no freedom of speech for muslims anyway Angry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top