Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Sharila

IF-Dazzler

Sharila

Posted: 15 February 2006 at 12:13am | IP Logged
I am not only proud to be Indian but also proud to be human characteristic Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Proud to be an Indian (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

an0nymous

IF-Sizzlerz

an0nymous

Posted: 04 March 2006 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jatayu

Friends, the solution does not lie in charity alone.

While true that charity is needed for some, true growth will come from the American model where every individual has to to contribute - to add value - and generate wealth. Sadly, the rurals are still dependant on either free or highly subsidised loans, electricity, fuel ...

Glass half full or empty is correct, but I feel to move forward, we need to focus on how to make the glass full full and not be let complacency set in beause it is half full.

Well said.Clap

Kay Kay

Groupbie

Kay Kay

Posted: 07 March 2006 at 2:24am | IP Logged
I remember a long time ago during my school says Shatrugham Sinha in one of his columns had in context to our country' powerty woes written..
"Khane kho Roti nahi
Pehne kho Kapda nahi
Rehne ko nahi makaan
Phir bhi kehte hai
Mera Bharat Mahaan"

I think the words still ring true to this day. A citizen of any country will consider his own, as great. And we Indians shouldn't be too jingoistic about it.

Without doubt our country too is great but in todays world of progress and development we lag a good 50 years or so behind.

The question each of us should ask ourselves is why? And the answer will point in one direction. It is because of the incompentency of the governing few, the majority of us today, suffer.

Today, I am proud to be an India, but I will truly feel Proud and Mahaan when we have abolished our various caste prejudices, eliminated corruption, overcome subjugation, illiteracy and poverty, rid ourselves from machanism of fear and terror and the people feel truly free in the true sense of the term. How I long for this day.   

Edited by Kay Kay - 07 March 2006 at 3:31am

riaaa

riaaa

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
THIS GOES TO U MINNIE: Clap
THNKS SOOO MUCH $ POSTI THID TOPIC!!!!!!

zara_123

zara_123

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 1:52am | IP Logged
wow, go on india
i'm a pakistani but my best mate is indian and i think she rocks!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top