Kashish - Therav

oddgalout thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi - all - I used to be an avid frequenter of IF then I drifted off with the garbage that rules that Indian television.  I was visiting India while the promos for KTLK started and I decided I would absolutely have to watch this one.  However - I have to agree with the other threads expressing their disappointment - in particular the thread about KTLK - A Promise Unfulfilled.  In the thread a couple of posters mentioned how this current track lacks that old-school charm and slow progressive development of romance and most importantly a kashish and therav.  Sometime back I came to love a serial on NDTV after it ended (of course I would discover it after it ended) and watched the whole show after it ended online - forgot on what site - Main Teri Parchain Hoon - it was made by Kavita Barjatya of Rajshri films - man what a fantastic show.  I won't lie - the portions with the over the top mother-in-law and younger sister-in-law were annoying but the story otherwise was fantastic - in terms of progression.

It revolved around a girl in her early 20's falling for a widower father in his early/mid 30's with three young children.  Sure the production team took some creative liberties that were annoying but for the most part it was easy to overlook all of that because of the (very appropriate) gradual development of the love story between the two leads (Sameer Dharmadhikari and Megha Gupta) - the two on screen were just fantastic to watch.  They had this very natural subtle earthy chemistry and it was incredibly beautiful to watch on screen.  Needless to say the show didn't do well but it lasted a year and it took almost 3/4's into the serial for anything significantly romantic to happen which was very apt IMO.  If any of you are interested def search up the show to the give it a look - of course it will take a lot longer then DK to get through as it's a year's worth of episodes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shamil thumbnail
thanks dear , I wud defo want to watch this one

The problem with indian television is that they are more bothered by trp returns.  I don't know how mush dependable these meters are- how can they decide how popular a show just by that??
AreYaar thumbnail
Oh I used to watch that show too...not very avidly but  yes it was a nice show...the treatment of the 'romance' b/w the lead pair was subtly and nicely evolved...no overnight giddy feelings of lowe...Nidhi could take a tip or two from Megha...lol

In recent memory, the only show that I can say really impressed me WRITING-wise was Gulaal...that one also barely lasted a year but the kind of tight script that show had, hardly any daily soap on TV can boast of.  It's a rare example of taking a VERY unconventional subject and giving it such FINE sensitive treatment.
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hey by your description the show seem interesting
will try watching it up
though i heard of it but never tuned to imagine ever so didn't watch it
thanks
Armu4eva thumbnail
Was a lovely show.. but wasnt one of the reasons for her feeling the pull ...her guilt for having exchanged the bus seat with the hero's deceased wife??? :)

Good subjects well executed like Gulaal.. din get TRPs.. n Diya aur Baati thats replaced it is getting an overshower of TRPs... for i dunno what reasons :S

Bad subjects well executed are also getting TRPs ...read the Vauss n Lados.. n with KTLK... good subjects badly executed .. arent hitting the bulls eye...!! :(
Keva thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi oddgalout

Oh yes I remember Main Teri Parchain Hoo. It was a good show. I liked it.It is the only NDTV show I actually liked. I think rajshri has the show available on its website.

Well actually after watching Rajan shahi's previous shows I had few expectations from him but I thought lets give it a try since MB is in it and it is adapted from DK but OMG I was so wrong even when they have a good script to fall back on these creatives never fail to surprise me with their pathetic script.

If you haven't watched gulaal then it is a must watch. I loved it. It has a beginning and an end which is actually very surprising considering all indian shows never really have an end. Nowadays shows just wrap up with an end that makes no sense.

oddgalout thumbnail
Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Was a lovely show.. but wasnt one of the reasons for her feeling the pull ...her guilt for having exchanged the bus seat with the hero's deceased wife??? :)

Good subjects well executed like Gulaal.. din get TRPs.. n Diya aur Baati thats replaced it is getting an overshower of TRPs... for i dunno what reasons :S

Bad subjects well executed are also getting TRPs ...read the Vauss n Lados.. n with KTLK... good subjects badly executed .. arent hitting the bulls eye...!! :(

Ya I always found that bit irrational but the amazing subtle made-for-each-other vibe that the two gave off just made me forgive a lot of that.  On screen they just seemed to be so comfortable with each other - early on they silently supported each other unselfishly without letting it be known - they respected each other immensely and then built a love story based on all this.  It was so beautiful. Never did it seem forced from either side and yet they progressively managed to carve a niche in the other's heart and mind.
oddgalout thumbnail
Originally posted by: Keva

Hi oddgalout

Oh yes I remember Main Teri Parchain Hoo. It was a good show. I liked it.It is the only NDTV show I actually liked. I think rajshri has the show available on its website.

Well actually after watching Rajan shahi's previous shows I had few expectations from him but I thought lets give it a try since MB is in it and it is adapted from DK but OMG I was so wrong even when they have a good script to fall back on these creatives never fail to surprise me with their pathetic script.

If you haven't watched gulaal then it is a must watch. I loved it. It has a beginning and an end which is actually very surprising considering all indian shows never really have an end. Nowadays shows just wrap up with an end that makes no sense.

Hasratein is one of my all time favorite shows in terms of how it was handled and executed.  Class show.  I will have to check out Gulaal.

I agree.  As soon as I came to know it was RS show my heart dropped because I almost knew right then the original concept would be butchered to a greater or lesser extent.