Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

premlover13

Groupbie

premlover13

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 11:35am | IP Logged

(Sry if anyone already posted this before) .Is it fair that hindi actress stop acting when there married because they have to and that there husbands(actors) get to kepp acting? I find it hypocritical.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "is it fair?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
well, at times women simply retire from acting to take care of their kids and give them a normal childhood. E.g. Jaya Bachchan, who returned to the big screen after a long hiatus. Amrita singh also gave up films to take care of her kids until her divorce with Saif ali khan.

But, what the Kapoors did is more like what you are describing. There was a taboo on women in the Kapoor khandan acting in films, until Karisma and Kareena broke it (that too after Babita and Randhir Kapoor separated).

IMO, women should be allowed to do what they want to do - take care of kids/home and/or work if they wish to. Its only unfair when a husband forces his wife to stay at home when she wants to also work or vice versa.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

well, at times women simply retire from acting to take care of their kids and give them a normal childhood. E.g. Jaya Bachchan, who returned to the big screen after a long hiatus. Amrita singh also gave up films to take care of her kids until her divorce with Saif ali khan.

But, what the Kapoors did is more like what you are describing. There was a taboo on women in the Kapoor khandan acting in films, until Karisma and Kareena broke it (that too after Babita and Randhir Kapoor separated).

IMO, women should be allowed to do what they want to do - take care of kids/home and/or work if they wish to. Its only unfair when a husband forces his wife to stay at home when she wants to also work or vice versa.

I agree with you . Also you had Bhagyashree who insisted that she will only do films with her hubby Confused. And her husband who was idealy suited to be an extra for the film not a hero . So her films flopped .

Then one of my favourites , Kajol !!!!! grrrrrrr why she stopped doing films i just can't understand .AngryAngry What a waste of talent !!

premlover13

Groupbie

premlover13

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Yes kajol was my favorite too but she turned down movies becuase sharuk khan was in them, She would never do anything bad with him she's a good person and dedicated to ajay devagan, I found that unfair.

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 2:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by T.

I agree with you . Also you had Bhagyashree who insisted that she will only do films with her hubby Confused. And her husband who was idealy suited to be an extra for the film not a hero . So her films flopped .

Then one of my favourites , Kajol !!!!! grrrrrrr why she stopped doing films i just can't understand .AngryAngry What a waste of talent !!

I agree! That marked the end of her career in Hindi Films.

Isn't Kajol making a comeback with Aamir in a movie? I forgot the name. Or was the movie shelved? Confused

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 2:56pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by premlover13

Yes kajol was my favorite too but she turned down movies becuase sharuk khan was in them, She would never do anything bad with him she's a good person and dedicated to ajay devagan, I found that unfair.

Really? I thought she turned down the movies coz she wanted to take care of her daughter Nysa. Confused

Lost_Soul141

IF-Rockerz

Lost_Soul141

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
well it is the actresses own choice.....women have to constantly make sacrifices whereas men dont. i think afta having a child women need to spend time with their kids and their dads probably dont Smile

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Oh even Madhuri married that Doc and Sridevi married Boney Kapoor and they both quit films . I think they both were very good actresses !!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top