"Finding Grace" by Sarah Pawley

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
It's a wonderful novel! A very strong and determined female protagonist living in a time and family when a man's word was the ultimate rule. She has the courage to follow her heart and dreams.

Amazon's book descritpion: "In 1927, the world belongs to men, but Grace Langdon won't let herself be tied down by such restraints. She longs to escape the narrow, restricted life in Virginia that is sure to be hers if she stays in her community. Her mother answers only to her husband, who can't hide the fact that he had wanted Grace to be another son.When Grace learns her parents have arranged a marriage for her with a local young man, she senses it will be a loveless marriage, like that of her parents. She runs away from home to live life on her own terms and heads for Chicago to see the brother who has always looked after her. When she meets her brother's neighbor, the owner of an entertainment hall, she begins to believe that true love might exist for her.Grace does her best to shed her past. She begins a new life, taking a job and making new friends. But when confronted by the man she refused to marry, her new world is torn apart. Grace must examine her life and follow her heart."

I loved reading it, though I'm not a big romance consumer. In fact, most of the books I have read are not of this genre, but this one was awesome!! Though the book is set in the 1900s I think every girl still can relate to the protagonist, the need to be independent, to make your own decisions, to get married to a man who will give you all his heart and soul as you would to him.

Looking forward to your reviews :)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ""Finding Grace" by Sarah Pawley" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
No one interested in reading it? 

I thought we had more people interested in romance novels here Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.