anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 12:44am | IP Logged
It's makeover time for Kareena
   By: Tushar Joshi
   March 12, 2005

Before and After: Kulraj Randhawa who plays Kareena in zee's
Kareena Kareena
Has Zee TV's Kareena (Kulraj Randhawa) turned into a copycat? There were rumours that she was planning to take a leaf out of Jassi's book and getting a makeover.

"Definitely not," says Kulraj, "This makeover was planned from the beginning. Besides, my makeover isn't as drastic Jassi's, so I don't think there can be any comparison between the two," she says.

Has she kept track of Jassi's makeover on the telly? "I really have no time to follow up on the changes in her look.

But I hope that she becomes normal now, and her braces and frames come out," she says.

Kareena plays Mrs Sood, a single woman who has to pretend to be married for the sake of her job. She has two jobs, a secretary to a businessman and as radio jockey Kareena.

The recent make over is the part of the plot where Kareena is forced by friends to change her look to be more attractive and seduce her boss's son Tushar into falling in love with her.

Says Randhawa, "Tushar won't look at me in my plain Jane look, so I have got myself done up to get him interested."

Apart from Kareena Kareena, Randhawa hasn't taken on any other shows. But it's pretty obvious that she's aching for newer avenues.

"I have started looking towards other options. One of them is films. My contract with the channel ends in the next four to five months, after which I would love to do some good movies."

Does this mean no more television? "I don't see myself doing any daily soaps for sure. Kareena Kareena is going to be my first and last daily show. I may do something else on TV like host a show or probably a travel show."

Randhawa comes across as a girl with her head firmly on her shoulders. "I don't want Kareena Kareena to drag too much. I have made it very clear that I won't like to be a part of a track that goes on endlessly.

When I joined the show, it was a cool and fun story and I hope it stays the same till the end."

Any time for love in real life? " No way! If I was married, my husband would have divorced me thanks to my long working hours!" says the chirpy actress.

Source: mid-day.com

Edited by sonynyu - 12 March 2005 at 12:44am

sumit.savla Goldie
sumit.savla
sumit.savla

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Kulraj says ,"My contract with the channel ends in the next four to five months, after which I would love to do some good movies."

Cry

She don't want to do any daily soaps more ..ConfusedOuch

i m very sad after reading this ...... Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy

By the way thnx 4 info sonynyu .....

she looks cool in dress... ,her new look is Indian dress tht 4 sure ...

samir_soni Goldie
samir_soni
samir_soni

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Earlier, I heard her name is Kulraj Kaur..................................now Kulraj RandhawaConfused
krazee_gurl Goldie
krazee_gurl
krazee_gurl

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 11:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by samir_soni

Earlier, I heard her name is Kulraj Kaur..................................now Kulraj RandhawaConfused

kaur is her middle name, her REAL Name is Kulraj Kaur Randhawa, this is because  mostly every punjabi girls' middle name is Kaur, and mostly ever guys' name is Singh. I'm punjabi so i have Kaur as my middle name, too.

sumit.savla Goldie
sumit.savla
sumit.savla

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SuMs

Kulraj says ,"My contract with the channel ends in the next four to five months, after which I would love to do some good movies."

Cry

She don't want to do any daily soaps more ..ConfusedOuch

i m very sad after reading this ...... Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy

By the way thnx 4 info sonynyu .....

she looks cool in dress... ,her new look is Indian dress tht 4 sure ...

she says ," I don't see myself doing any daily soaps for sure. Kareena Kareena is going to be my first and last daily show."

wht r yr feelings kulraj fans after knowing this ??

Edited by SuMs - 12 March 2005 at 11:44am
mango Global Moderator
mango
mango

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krazee_gurl

Originally posted by samir_soni

kaur is her middle name, her REAL Name is Kulraj Kaur Randhawa, this is because  mostly every punjabi girls' middle name is Kaur, and mostly ever guys' name is Singh. I'm punjabi so i have Kaur as my middle name, too.

its not mostly our last guru said that the guys should have middle name 'singh' and girls 'kaur'

my middle name is kaur

thanks for the article

mm21 Senior Member
mm21
mm21

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

It will be really sad if she doesn't do any Tv Show after Kareena Kareena. Cry

We will be missing out her in the TV serials. I don't know if she will be regular in the indian movies.

Kulraj: I may do something else on TV like host a show or probably a travel show."

hosting a TV show / travel show ??  .. will it be enough for the Kulraj Fans ??? I hope, she will change her decision for her real fans Smile.

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 1:46pm | IP Logged

I was surprised when they said Tushar would never look at Kareena in her 'plain jane' look. I thought he was already starting to like her. And also Tushar started to like RJ Kareena w/o looking at her Confused Well Kareena looks really pretty with or without the makeover. Wonder what Prem will think? He loves Kareena for who she is so it won't matter I guess.

Go to top