Debate Mansion

SEXUALITY debate: Why can't people live their life (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 34

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:48am | IP Logged
I didn't quite understand what are you trying to say. You are against terming homosexual union as marriage or you are against legal recognition of that union or are you against homosexual union itself. Because as far as the established laws are concerned, legally recognized relationship itself is marriage. Law doesn't recognize live-in or any such romantic relationship as official relationship, be it homosexual or heterosexual.

So if we are to get an official status for a homosexual union we are to call it marriage - in legal terms if not in traditional. And if law doesn't require couples to produce kids, then what exactly should stop it from recognizing homosexual marriage? The constitution is hardly interested in traditional obligations of marriage or what religious scripture speaks or how it defines marriage. The legal definition of marriage is entirely different from religious/traditional definitions and hence there is no legal obligation not to recognize homosexual marriage!!

You were wrong to assume that in a democracy majority beliefs/traditions are favoured. That happens in populist states or in theocracies. In secular representative democracies every individual's interest hold equal priority and the law of the land is obliged to safeguard everyone's constitutional rights irrespective of their background/sexuality/community. The right to marry is one such constitutional right. And just because they are homosexual, they should be deprived of the right? Isn't that discrimination!

Regarding incestuous marriage, I normally have no problem with marriage of second cousins. In fact several traditions too permit it and it is their personal matter. Overall I think man has made traditions. Traditions do not make man and hence if certain traditions are coming in the way of progress and freedom then I guess its better to amend our viewpoints and adopt a broader outlook rather than compromising on people's basic rights.

Edited by Rehanism - 07 December 2011 at 12:25am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aanyakunatSmritiKathaBeyond_the_Veil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SEXUALITY debate: Why can't people live their life (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 11:27am | IP Logged
 Dear Lord please grant me one day of freedom from the law so I can set a few lesbian people straight WinkWhen someone says I'm so pissed off I can't even think straight anymore does that mean they are having homosexual thoughts? ShockedLOL

Arwen.

IF-Sizzlerz

Arwen.

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Rumors are rife that Jackie Shroff has come out of the closet Shocked I never ever figured him for a homosexual .. Some other bollywood walas yess but not him 

I hope this is picked up by some accredited news agency soon... I would really like to know one way or the other ... but this is pretty wow..(except that part which said he might leave his wife and children)

Can i post links from other forums here? Confused?

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arwen.

Rumors are rife that Jackie Shroff has come out of the closet Shocked I never ever figured him for a homosexual .. Some other bollywood walas yess but not him 

I hope this is picked up by some accredited news agency soon... I would really like to know one way or the other ... but this is pretty wow..(except that part which said he might leave his wife and children)

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrity/confession-jackie-shroff-is-gay_101749.htm

This?

Arwen.

IF-Sizzlerz

Arwen.

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by Arwen.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrity/confession-jackie-shroff-is-gay_101749.htm

This?

I meant the Bollywood Forum thread where this topic is being discussed ... 

@Link - woah Shocked Uptil now it was only some gossip sites carrying this news ... Now that some more mainstream sites are doing this, we may know for sure one way or the other..

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Hasnt Jackie Shroff been married for years to ayesha Confused

Arwen.

IF-Sizzlerz

Arwen.

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Hasnt Jackie Shroff been married for years to ayesha Confused

Yeh but apparently they have an open marriage ... He said so in an interview years ago .. ( i read it in BF so again don't know if 100% true)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top