Debate Mansion

SEXUALITY debate: Why can't people live their life (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 34

TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
Ok, Beyond_the_Veil, to save space, I am not quoting you.

My initial response means what it says - as long as I, my kids or any other married or unmarried heterosexual does not have to adhere to new standards, I am ok with gays calling their union anything. It does make me wonder though.. why do they want to make themselves adhere to the existing (traditional) definition of marriage - except one man and one woman part. Makes you think traditional marriage definition must be ultimate standard for them.

I am not sure why are you saying that the (yes the) purpose of any marriage is not having kids. Granted, practically speaking, the purpose might have become a purpose. So just because we have already introduced variation or appendix to marriage, why not have one more? Is that waht are you saying?
Where does it end then? Why restrict marriage between two humans?

You have got to understand that for any new idea to be fruitful which is in stark contradiction to the existing idea, a group has to put up a good case. I do not see it enough from the gay community. What I see is that they want the government to get involved in this.. Annoys me as they are bringing church to the state.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SEXUALITY debate: Why can't people live their life (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

WhipCreamPantie

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKatha

Damyanthi

Goldie

Damyanthi

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
After giving this topic some thought, this is the conclusion that I have come to. Personally, I don't have any issue with any body's sexuality and I agree that people must be allowed to live their lives. Thanks to this topic, I have learned a few facts about Homosexuality and cleared some of my misconceptions Star 
All said and done, it's perfectly alright with me as long as these individuals happen to "some people" who happen to exist somewhere. I'm not sure I'll be thinking along these lines if one of those people happens to my son/daughter. I understand that there's nothing wrong in being homosexual and that the person is not responsible for it. I understand that it is a normal variation and the person has no psycological problem.
This does not have anything to with religion or society, it's just a personal opinion. I find being homosexual repulsive, to put it mildly. People may say I'm being narrow minded, being hypocritic, bigiotic and a lot of other things. But there it is- it's my opinion!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Petrouska

This does not have anything to with religion or society, it's just a personal opinion. I find being homosexual repulsive, to put it mildly. People may say I'm being narrow minded, being hypocritic, bigiotic and a lot of other things. But there it is- it's my opinion!

Thats just being human. We all as people have aversion, fear or disgust about things that are different, don't understand or don't get. Narrow minded, hypocrisy is only when you use your personal opinions to promote hatred and discrimination. As long as a personal opinion does not manifest into hatred or discrimination in real life - everyone has the right to their opinion. I even support religious rights to preach their perceptions on homosexuality.

Two things out of curiosity
- Why exactly does it disgust you?
- Petrouska is very Russki, how did you come about that ID?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Damyanthi

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I think in the end human sexuality is not black and white as we traditionally believe. We just can't put humans in boxes with labels and arrange them. Even gay, straight or bi does not fit always. Theres so many shades of gray, so many things that don't fit the norms or definitions or explanations.
I think that  sums it up nicely LOL 

Damyanthi

Goldie

Damyanthi

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by Petrouska

Thats just being human. We all as people have aversion, fear or disgust about things that are different, don't understand or don't get. Narrow minded, hypocrisy is only when you use your personal opinions to promote hatred and discrimination. As long as a personal opinion does not manifest into hatred or discrimination in real life - everyone has the right to their opinion. I even support religious rights to preach their perceptions on homosexuality.

Two things out of curiosity
- Why exactly does it disgust you?
- Petrouska is very Russki, how did you come about that ID?
Why does it disgust me? Wish I knewConfused It's just that the whole concept of men and men and women and women having sex is -well, I don't know how to put it- disgustingConfused Ofcourse, it's my opinion entirely. Suppose you don't like the color white, just suppose. How would you explain why you don't like itLOL
Petrouska is indeed RussianLOL I came across the word in one of my novels- Samsara.

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 December 2011 at 1:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aanyakunatSmritiKatha

TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Posted: 05 December 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

...which is in stark contrast to what you have stated later:

If you feel same sex marriage has the potential to affect traditional definition of marriage, then it is logically deduced that you are implying it could (and hence there is a statistical probability that it would, sooner or later) affect traditional definition of marriage. And then you go ahead and say you haven't said it would affect traditional marriages. For more information, check the first paragraph of my post here.

So could you clarify your stance?

Right now, I do not feel either way. I am not sure whether or not gay marriages will affect traditional marriages (existing or otherwise). I would say it is because the gay community has not provided me with enough data so I can feel warm and fuzzy.

Are you trying to say why they want to get married and take a concept that was not meant for them?
No, I am trying to ask why do they want to adhere to the traditional standards? What is in it for them? Is it because this "standard" has been widely recognized by the society and it has lots of advantages? Why are they not coming up with their own "marriage"? Too much work?

Because there are more than one purpose of getting married. Hence there are purposes of getting married, and procreation is one of them (and the most or second most crucial one at that too).
Ok - let's agree to disagree on this one. The fact still remains that gays cannot have kids without external intervention.

Yes.
Well that is not a very strong reason, is it? Do you have a reason why the definition should be modified?

I am on two minds when it comes down to polyamory. I will say that I have not seen very strong arguments or statistical records to show that these relationships can sustain properly. However, I am very open to the concept if anyone is willing to elaborate on its needs and place in society.
Speechless.

Because a civil union isn't exactly the same as a marriage.
Well if a civil union does not have the same benefits as a traditional marriage, then that is the problem with civil union. I am all for fixing them. Why change the traditional marriage?

Government should ...

Government has no business in anyone's marriage.

Edited by TheUltimate - 05 December 2011 at 10:13am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top