Debate Mansion

SEXUALITY debate: Why can't people live their life (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 34

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Petrouska

http://www.glow.cc/isa/become_gay.htm
This isn't the aticle that I was looking for, but it says in the 4th parah that environmental factors such as child trauma or being brought up and conditioned as a memeber of the opposite sex can be one of the reasons why people "turn" homosexual.

I am aware of the fact that being brought up among opposite sex might turn a boy effeminate, but that need not be same as being gay.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SEXUALITY debate: Why can't people live their life (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Damyanthi

Goldie

Damyanthi

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 4:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rehanism

True, and that is what even I thought I some time back and that's what even Wikipedia says, but there was an article some time back in a national newspaper, if I find the link, I'll definately add it. It did say whatever I said in my previous post. After reading the article, I thought it to be  a possibility.

I don't claim to be an expert on this, but I really don't think one can 'become' homosexual due to any trauma or disease or any other external factor - most trustworthy medical and health organizations, including WHO, agree on this.

Those organizations and NGOs (like NARTH) claiming to be capable of 'curing' gays are mostly sham with zero credibility, mainly backed by conservative societies and churches.

I'm not an expert eitherLOL and I was merely stating what I read in a newspaper. And the links provided in my previous post says more or less the same thing. That's why I consider it a possiblity and it appears plausible to meConfused

Damyanthi

Goldie

Damyanthi

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rehanism

http://www.glow.cc/isa/become_gay.htm
This isn't the aticle that I was looking for, but it says in the 4th parah that environmental factors such as child trauma or being brought up and conditioned as a memeber of the opposite sex can be one of the reasons why people "turn" homosexual.

I am aware of the fact that being brought up among opposite sex might turn a boy effeminate, but that need not be same as being gay.
It says;

From my wider studies, I conclude that a person finds him/herself with a homosexual orientation as a result of the interplay of several factors, including heredity, prenatal influence (a controversial subject, but with not only animal studies but some human studies to back it), and environmental factors such as childhood trauma or being brought up and conditioned as a member of the opposite sex. The latter is the background of a significant number of lesbians, for instance.

I don't know which parah you are talking about. It doesn't say anything about a guy acquiring feminine characteristicsConfused

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
what advantages or disadvantages if any do you see in a homosexual?

Damyanthi

Goldie

Damyanthi

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

what advantages or disadvantages if any do you see in a homosexual?
LOL I don't think there is any advantage in being homosexual, except maybe that since there will be no kids in such a relationship, the population of the world would probably come downLOL If there are any more, I'm not aware of it!

The disadvantages seem to be quite a few:
1) Chances of rupture of anal sphinter is high amongst gays.
2)Social stigma could make them insecure individuals.
3) It is said that if a man has indulged in sex with another man even once, he is not eligible to donate blood.
For more information, you can read

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroSmritiKatha

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged

I really don't think you can view sexual orientation on an advantage or disadvantage basis. It is something that just is. It is akin to asking what advantages or disadvantages are there to being black. Of course socially, legally there are very distinct advantages and disadvantages you can list off but you don't view your personal identity in those terms.

Sure there are several disadvantages to being homosexual.

-          Criminal offense in many nations

-          Limited legal rights in many nations

-          Viewed as sinful by many religious groups

-          Lack of social acceptance

As for health risks associated with sexuality, a lot of it comes down to practicing safe sex. Gay men and people born in certain AIDS afflicted nations are prohibited from donating blood because of high risk. However, with homosexuality being accepted and homosexual sex education and health services made available the gay male community is becoming safer.

Anal siphters are a risk for any couples engaging in a form of anal sex, anal sex is just more common in gay men. It is not always about the orientation but the "act" that is being practiced by the couple. Some acts are the same across the board. Health risk wise the safest might be being lesbian as they have the lowest STD and bruising risks.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DamyanthiRehanismaanyakunat-Chandramukhi-

peridot.

peridot.

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:31am | IP Logged
If homosexuality is as positive and natural as someone earlier said why is it not generally  accepted or encouraged by religion or society?

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _twilight_

If homosexuality is as positive and natural as someone earlier said why is it not generally  accepted or encouraged by religion or society?

Is everything promoted by religion or society good and everything not promoted bad?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aanyakunat-Chandramukhi-Samraat_92

Post Reply New Post

Go to top