OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 12 February 2006 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Don's bubbly surprise for Shweta b'day
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   February 13, 2006

Parmeet with Maninee De, Moulli Ganguly and Smita Bansal
Guest Shweta Kawaatra was pleasantly shocked when actor Parmeet Sethi opened a bottle of champagne and wished her happy birthday at a party hosted by producers Sunjoy and Comall Wadhwa to mark the telecast of their serial, Don (Star One).

Kawaatra, who was with her actor hubby Manav Gohil, had been discreet about her birthday, and none of the other guests at the Don bash were aware of it.

"Detective Omkar Nath (his character on the show) sab ki khabar rakhta hai," quipped Parmeet, whose wife, Archana Puran Singh, was out of town that evening.

A galaxy of TV stars descended on Mangi Ferra, Juhu, to cheer Sethi for his first major TV title role. Guests included Mouli Ganguly, Riva Bubber, Smita Bansal, Maninee De, Niki Aneja, Sampada Vaze, Rupali Ganguly, Sonia Kapuur, Shilpa Saklani, Ritu Chaudhary and Sonal Pendse, and Shailja Kejriwal of Star One.

Bond kaun?

Parmeet uncorks champagne for Shweta Kawaatra as startled hubby Manav Gohil and co-star Deepak Qazir look on
"In the show, my character, Don, fights shy of girls, in contrast to 'lady-killer' Raj which I played in Jassi . Which is why I am overwhelmed by the turnout of such a swarm of females.

At least off-screen, it makes me feel one-up on detective James Bond, who is always flanked by shapely girls," laughed Sethi as he posed with Maninee, Moulli and Smita.

Don meets Don

"The year 2006 is very happening for me, as besides this crime-thriller, there is Ravi Chopra's movie Babul, where I have rocking scenes with Amitabh Bachchan," he smiles. TV ka Don meets big-screen Don?

thelist@mid-day.com

Shweta speaks

"No, I do not have a phobia about growing older; I think it's beautiful. As long as you age gracefully, and take proper care of your looks and personality, every birthday is a  memorable milestone. Even in serials, I have never had problems playing older characters.

When you have a wonderful life partner like Manav, I sometimes wish birthdays would come more often. This time, for my birthday, he gave me a surprise gift, in the form of a classy diamond ring and designer silver, semi-precious earrings," disclosed Kawaatra, just before Manav whisked her off for a quiet late-night dinner at a suburban restaurant

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Swtha aka r Niyati's birthday bash" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Shakstar

IF-Rockerz

Shakstar

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 5:13am | IP Logged
thanks 4 d article... happt bday Shweta!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top