Book Talk

A song of ice and fire(NO spoilers please) (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 15

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TintinleMechant

Wow - was wandering around IF and stumbled upon this gem of a section, specifically this thread.

Hi all, i'm new around these parts (usually stick to the Bollywood section), but I'm a huge Song of Ice and Fire nerd :) Love the HBO series, and the books even more.

Did everyone watch the season premier last night? Episode 2 was leaked just an hour ago, if anyone wants to watch it now is the time before it's taken down.
Yes, loved the season opener. Great acting, great one liners. once again great stuff. Davos was always my favourite and actor playing him might even top peter dinklage.
BTW have you read all five books ?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelirebelli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A song of ice and fire(NO spoilers please) (Page 9)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TintinleMechant

IF-Dazzler

TintinleMechant

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jericoholic

Wow - was wandering around IF and stumbled upon this gem of a section, specifically this thread.

Hi all, i'm new around these parts (usually stick to the Bollywood section), but I'm a huge Song of Ice and Fire nerd :) Love the HBO series, and the books even more.

Did everyone watch the season premier last night? Episode 2 was leaked just an hour ago, if anyone wants to watch it now is the time before it's taken down.
Yes, loved the season opener. Great acting, great one liners. once again great stuff. Davos was always my favourite and actor playing him might even top peter dinklage.

Hey hey, yesireee I have. :)  Have you? While i think the show is awesome, i think the books are even better. Last season I went into it without having reading the books - this season though i'm all nerded up and have read the whole story, so its already proving to be a different experience watching ep 1 of season 2. 

Interesting that you say that about Davos, I loved the onion knight in the books and I think I imagined him to be far more timid looking than the actor portraying him. Acting wise though, he did a fine job.  I am quite excited to see Brienne of Tarth! That whole side plot is going to be so fun. 

angelirebelli

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jericoholic

Hey hey, yesireee I have. :)  Have you? While i think the show is awesome, i think the books are even better. Last season I went into it without having reading the books - this season though i'm all nerded up and have read the whole story, so its already proving to be a different experience watching ep 1 of season 2. 

Interesting that you say that about Davos, I loved the onion knight in the books and I think I imagined him to be far more timid looking than the actor portraying him. Acting wise though, he did a fine job.  I am quite excited to see Brienne of Tarth! That whole side plot is going to be so fun. 
Read all the books before season 1 , actually. Davos is like my second favourite character . They are making Robb far more central character in the show . Wonder what will be the reaction of RW?
Do you have an idea, who Jon's parents might be?(No spoiler , just yes or no)

angelirebelli

TintinleMechant

IF-Dazzler

TintinleMechant

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:11am | IP Logged
@Jericho: haha yes I have my theories.

edited.

Edited by TintinleMechant - 04 April 2012 at 12:05am

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Major spoiler in Tintin's post guys. Don't highlight if you haven't read  till third book.
@tintin .will answer you tommorow.

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:51am | IP Logged
I saw the season premier and loved it. I am regretting not being able to make the time to read the books yet... Embarrassed

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:11am | IP Logged

@Jericho: haha yes I have my theories.

edited.
Most in fandom believe in this theory, myself included. And yes, Rw is such a depressing moment, but north remembers.

Edited by Victarion - 18 May 2012 at 7:03am

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Games of thrones got renewed for season 3.

angelirebelli

Post Reply New Post

Go to top