Book Talk

A song of ice and fire(NO spoilers please) (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 15

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ninatish

Don't bet on it, I am expecting "The Winds of Winter" in 2015 and "A Time for Spring in 2020" LOL
Would love to discuss the books but I am guessing a lot of people are reading it, so dont want to spoil it for anyone.
Yeah thankfully I am a big fantasy fiction fan and so was always on the lookout for books to read in that genre.
Its " A Dream Of Spring". Well we have show to look for, until WOW releases. Its only this year, since i started reading books. I had only read Harry potter, Dan brown's books before , only because they were famous and everybody was reading them. Fantasy is mine fav genre too. I recently read Wheel of time series. you must have heard about it. It is not as good as ASOIAF, but its still amazing series.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ninatish

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A song of ice and fire(NO spoilers please) (Page 4)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ninatish

Goldie

ninatish

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]Its " A Dream Of Spring". Well we have show to look for, until WOW releases. Its only this year, since i started reading books. I had only read Harry potter, Dan brown's books before , only because they were famous and everybody was reading them. Fantasy is mine fav genre too. I recently read Wheel of time series. you must have heard about it. It is not as good as ASOIAF, but its still amazing series.
[/QUOTE]

Oops yeah "A Dream of Spring" indeed, it was called "A Time for Wolves" before GRRM decided he would change the title. I like certain books of the WOT series before Jordan had too many books in between but Brandon Sanderson doing a great job continuing his work and he's tying up the stor pretty well. I also like Steven Erikson's Malazan series, not as much as ASOIAF but they are pretty good. I love reading, love HP, I am ok with Dan Brown, I find him too predictableSmile

Cotillion

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 31 January 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ninatish

Oops yeah "A Dream of Spring" indeed, it was called "A Time for Wolves" before GRRM decided he would change the title. I like certain books of the WOT series before Jordan had too many books in between but Brandon Sanderson doing a great job continuing his work and he's tying up the stor pretty well. I also like Steven Erikson's Malazan series, not as much as ASOIAF but they are pretty good. I love reading, love HP, I am ok with Dan Brown, I find him too predictableSmile
WOT was a great concept, but at some point story started dragging. Jordan was back in touch with 11th book and Sanderson has done great job. Totally excited for last book.
Heard a lot about Malazan series, will read it at some point.
I read the Potter series after watching movies and totally become fan. At that time , I thought Harry Potter was the greatest thing. Now, that I have read many books , it made me realize that  potter series has many flaws.
I have read Angels and Demons , Da vinci code of Dan brown.IMO Angels and demons is his best work. couldn't complete his other books.
Also, Wot female character are really annoying and bitchy.

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 03 February 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged

Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Shadow" Tease

Edited by Jericoholic - 03 February 2012 at 10:04am

angelirebelli

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 04 February 2012 at 6:22am | IP Logged

Game Of Thrones: Season 2 "Cold Winds" Tease

Cotillion

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 07 February 2012 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelirebelli

Game Of Thrones: Season 2 "Cold Winds" Tease

Have you seen the second promo yet?

angelirebelli

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 07 February 2012 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
I saw a few minutes of the first episode of Game of Thrones and had to turn it off because of a vulgar scene and my mom walked in at that timeLOL

from what I saw though it deinftaley seems like my kind of show, I have the books and I have to get around to reading them. I've heard really great things about the show so hopefully I'll be able to catch up on that too

Cotillion

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

I saw a few minutes of the first episode of Game of Thrones and had to turn it off because of a vulgar scene and my mom walked in at that timeLOL

from what I saw though it deinftaley seems like my kind of show, I have the books and I have to get around to reading them. I've heard really great things about the show so hopefully I'll be able to catch up on that too
Lol , it was probably Triyon's introduction scene. Yes , there is lot of nudity in show (male,female both). 
I find this series to be better then Harry potter.Season 2 is gonna come in april. You should read the first book before it. Stay away from spoiler. Internet is full of them.

Edited by Jericoholic - 08 February 2012 at 9:20am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top