Book Talk

A song of ice and fire(NO spoilers please) (Page 14)

Post Reply New Post

Page 14 of 15

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Eloquent

Originally posted by Victarion

Lets talk about other characters. what you guys think of stannis? Would he be a good king?

Hii! Just found this place!!

Well Stannis, he'd be a fair King. Too fair, too harsh. I don't know if he'd make a "good" king though, with the way all his fairness went out of the window when he had Renly killed so brutally.

Eloquent! (sorry I forgot your name) I am pretty sure I've spoken to you before in the MJHT forum. Idk if you remember me though. (Or I could be wrong, and if I am, I probably sound like a creepLOL)

Yes, Stannis would've been too harsh. I hate how he listened to Melisandre. I don't know, I find that woman really creepy. I think Stannis wouldn't have had Renly killed if not for this woman. She thinks the Light chose him, but of course that's a huge misconception.

I really thought Renly would make a good king, but when he died, I was so heart broken. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelirebelli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A song of ice and fire(NO spoilers please) (Page 14)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 10:03am | IP Logged

Lets talk about other characters. what you guys think of stannis? Would he be a good king?

Well Stannis, he'd be a fair King. Too fair, too harsh. I don't know if he'd make a "good" king though, with the way all his fairness went out of the window when he had Renly killed so brutally.
Have you read the books or you are just watching the show?
Stannis believes in justice. He cut off Davos's fingers because he was a sumgler before, even though Davos saved him. He is rightful heir to throne. Renly, Joffery, Robb, Balon are all enemy for him. He sees killing Renly as justice.

angelirebelli

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Arya stark list

angelirebelli

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 01 July 2012 at 6:06am | IP Logged

Have you read the books or you are just watching the show?
Stannis believes in justice. He cut off Davos's fingers because he was a sumgler before, even though Davos saved him. He is rightful heir to throne. Renly, Joffery, Robb, Balon are all enemy for him. He sees killing Renly as justice.

Rightful King? Since when was Robert Baratheon himself, ever the rightful King? He "sees" killing Renly as justice, but is that justice in reality?

I have read all the books.

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 01 July 2012 at 6:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spiritcrimson

Eloquent! (sorry I forgot your name) I am pretty sure I've spoken to you before in the MJHT forum. Idk if you remember me though. (Or I could be wrong, and if I am, I probably sound like a creepLOL)

Yes, Stannis would've been too harsh. I hate how he listened to Melisandre. I don't know, I find that woman really creepy. I think Stannis wouldn't have had Renly killed if not for this woman. She thinks the Light chose him, but of course that's a huge misconception.

I really thought Renly would make a good king, but when he died, I was so heart broken. 

Lol I dunno. My stay on the MJHT forum was short and fleeting, I think. LOL

What I dislike about Stannis is the way he likes to fashion himself as "just" and always right and yet he commits the same sins as all the other King claimants. Ermm Killing Renly in open battle would be ok. Killing him like that, smacks of treachery and cowardice. And justifying that killing by saying/thinking "but he was a younger brother and had no right to the Iron Throne and should have sided with me anyway", is a hypocrite. Sleepy

Cotillion

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 2:55am | IP Logged
^This person copied my username. Well, almost.

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 04 July 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged

Lol I dunno. My stay on the MJHT forum was short and fleeting, I think. LOL

What I dislike about Stannis is the way he likes to fashion himself as "just" and always right and yet he commits the same sins as all the other King claimants. Ermm Killing Renly in open battle would be ok. Killing him like that, smacks of treachery and cowardice. And justifying that killing by saying/thinking "but he was a younger brother and had no right to the Iron Throne and should have sided with me anyway", is a hypocrite. Sleepy

There was no way  to defeat Renly on field. Renly had 100,000+men , while Stannis has something around 10,000. So , he did what was , only way to defeat Renly without doing damage to his strength. It was a smart move in war.

When Renly claimed himself king, he became a traitor for Stannis , as were Robb , Joffery , Balon. And punishment for traitor is death. Renly would have done the same thing to stannis.

And robert became rightul king , when he took the throne forceully. If Renly would have been able to defeat lannisters , Starks , Ironborns and stannis , he would have been king by right of conquest.

SongsOf_Silence

IF-Dazzler

SongsOf_Silence

Posted: 29 July 2012 at 6:53am | IP Logged
 Hey, 

These series are definitely next on my list.. I have been wanting to buy them for a very long time just couldn't get them at the right [rice, they were too expensive Ouch I am loving the show  and I can't wait to read the books as well.. Heard that they are pretty good as well! Any reviews anyone as to how they are? 

Hiba

Edited by SongsOf_Silence - 29 July 2012 at 6:53am

Cotillion

Post Reply New Post

Go to top