Book Talk

A song of ice and fire(NO spoilers please)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 15

Page 1
Page   of 15
Page 2 Page 15

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Has anyone heard about A song of ice and fire series by G.R.R.M ? Its a high fantasy series. There are five novels already released in the series , two more planned . HBO had filmed the first book  A games of thrones into tv show.

SYNOPSIS-A Song of Ice and Fire is a series of epic fantasy novels by American novelist and screenwriter George R. R. Martin. Martin began writing the series in 1991 and the first volume was published in 1996. The story of A Song of Ice and Fire takes place in a fictional world, primarily on a continent called Westeros but also on a large landmass to the east, known as Essos. The series is told in the third-person through the eyes of a number of point of view characters, 25 by the end of the fifth book.
There are three story lines that become increasingly interwoven: the chronicling of a dynastic civil war for control of Westeros among several competing families; the rising threat of the Others, who dwell beyond an immense wall of ice that forms Westeros' northern border; and the ambition of Daenerys Targaryen, the exiled daughter of a king who was murdered in another civil war fifteen years before, to return to Westeros and claim her rightful throne.

Game Of Thrones: Season 2 "Cold Winds" Tease

Edited by Victarion - 12 June 2012 at 9:43pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

manasvi.SongsOf_Silenceangelirebelli-Mystery-iluvOriginalsspiritcrimson

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A song of ice and fire(NO spoilers please)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
These books are next on my list.. 

Loved the series Game of Thrones... Tyrion Lannister is super cool...and Arya Stark looks promising...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Cotillion

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelirebelli

Loved the series Game of Thrones... Tyrion Lannister is super cool...and Arya Stark looks promising...
You will totally love the books. Since you had watched the show and you liked the show , you will like the books even more. Just stay away from spoilers.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SongsOf_Silenceangelirebelli

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jericoholic

Originally posted by angelirebelli

You will totally love the books. Since you had watched the show and you liked the show , you will like the books even more. Just stay away from spoilers.

Interesting... I look forward to reading those...

Cotillion

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 7:23am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Cotillion

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

I will get my hands on it if I can find the series in my country.

My advice would be to get the first book, if you like the book , then go for the rest of the series.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 27 November 2011 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Interesting.. give me a little synopsis please?

Cotillion

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 28 November 2011 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Interesting.. give me a little synopsis please?

Updated the synopsis.The story is told from different character's POV. you will see that different character will take different meaning of a single event.Its really dark and gritty fantasy.
First 2-3 chapter might be little hard to get into, then something shocking happen and you are hooked. That something got me hooked into this.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top