India-Forums

Shekhar's New Movie "Detective Naani"

Jemima Newbie
Jemima
Jemima

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 7:51am | IP Logged

Hi, I am new here. SmileI am a film student who has been assisting on a children's feature film called "Detective Naani" which has Shekhar - Ankur Nayyar in it. It is damn cute, and looks like an English film.

Ankur has a very nice role of a handsome CID detective in it. He is trying to solve a child kidnapping crime wave in the country while Naani keeps getting in the way trying to help him. Big smile 

He has a love interest, the model Amrita Saluja, who used to be the Whirlpool mom (Mummy ka Magic Chalega Kya?). I used to think she was older and plumper in the ad but in real life she is very slim and sexy and she looks good in the film opposite Ankur.

Naani is played by the Ayurvedic Concepts Dadima. She is so cute and her scenes with Ankur are lovely!

She has her own team of detectives to rival Ankur's CID. Her team has  2 teenagers played by Amit Varma of "Hotel Kingston" on Star One, and Shweta Gulati who plays Tia in "Remix" on Star One.         &n bsp;         &n bsp;     Naani's 7 and 9 year old grandkids-turned-detectives are played by Zain Khan (the Pepsodent, Pizza Hut, LG kid) and Simran Singh (Club HP AchhaLagta Hai).

Sorry if I sound too enthu but we have been working long and hard on this film and I am so excited about it. So when I saw this forum with Ankur in it I thought I would put this news in here. Smile

Bye!Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Jiya_

Jemima Newbie
Jemima
Jemima

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 8:58pm | IP Logged

Naani & CID Inspector Bhatia

Cool 

Edited by Jemima - 11 March 2005 at 9:06pm
Jemima Newbie
Jemima
Jemima

Posted: 20 March 2005 at 8:15pm | IP Logged

HI, Smile

A coupla more pics.....

Cool

ManishaRox IF-Dazzler
ManishaRox
ManishaRox

Posted: 23 March 2005 at 4:06am | IP Logged
lol
SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 23 March 2005 at 5:41am | IP Logged
he is a hottie so is dk from disha
ugababe Senior Member
ugababe
ugababe

Posted: 23 March 2005 at 10:03am | IP Logged

thanks for the info Jemima!!!! When is this movie coming out or is it coming on tv? i would love to see it!!!!!! Ankur Nayar is so hot!! Did you get to work with him a lot on the sets? How is he in real life?

please keep on updating us about whats going on with the movie!!

Thanks

*khushi*

Jemima Newbie
Jemima
Jemima

Posted: 23 March 2005 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
  Hi everyone, Smile Glad you like the updates. Wink Sabeen, I've seen "Stop, or my Mom will Shoot" and no, there are no similarities between these two films, though I can see how an old granny vs. the cops would look like a similar idea. Big smile The script has a very Agatha Christie-meets- Enid Blyton-meets Hardy Boys feel about it. Ugababe/*khushi*,  Ankur is really nice and easy-going in real life. He has a great sense of humour and he's even better looking  off-screen. Best thing is, he does not have an attitude - you know, like he's God's gift to women or something. He's normal and natural, and a total gentleman. He treated Naani with a lot  of respect - always being attentive and considerate when she was tired. All-round good guy. Cool "Detective Naani" is headed for a late May release in India. It is a 35 mm cinemascope feature film that will be released in multiplex theatres across the country. It will be distributed 2 months later in North America. The film is 75% edited right now. Then sound and dubbing, then background music will happen. We are rushing towards a super-tight deadline. Publicity will begin 5 weeks before release, which is why the public haven't heard about it yet. There will be one concentrated publicity campaign and then bam! The release! Big smile Fingers and toes crossed!Thumbs Up

So you guys get all these Hindi serials in the UK and US huh? Do these TV shows air on the international  Zee and Sony channels? Smile

Edited by Jemima - 24 March 2005 at 8:51am
jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 24 March 2005 at 4:45am | IP Logged
thanks

Go to top