Kesar

Interview with Nitica

JinK IF-Rockerz
JinK
JinK

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Kanika Kohli is currently acting in Kesar
and Hey… Yehi Toh Hai Woh
Twenty-year-old Kanika Kohli works harder than most other girls her age. And that's not surprising, considering the IC Colony resident is currently acting in a number of TV serials — including Balaji Telefilms' Kesar on Star Plus and Hey… Yehi Toh Hai Woh on Star One.

Kanika got into acting when she was a junior college student at HR College in 2000.

"A couple of people told me to get my portfolio done, and I did that because I was quite interested in acting and loved the entire process of being able to use expressions on stage," she says, adding, "I started with working on Daddy Samjha Karo, a serial on SABe TV with others like Anju Mahendra."

Kanika says the most interesting part of working with Ekta Kapoor on her serials is the amount of people you meet (and they're always Cry
). She explains, "As an actor you learn tremendously from watching your peers and those you see around you.

That's why working for a big production house like Balaji Telefilms' is always rewarding."

And although Kanika has had differences with Ekta Kapoor when she worked on her Kahin To Hoga earlierAngry, she says they have worked it out now. "Yes, there were differences between myself and Ekta about various aspects while shooting, but we sat and resolved themOuch," explains Kanika.

Kanika says that her biggest passion is acting, adding that she is in awe of the Big B and Rani Mukerji's performances in Black. Says Kanika, "I would love to do a role like that. Rani is absolutely mind-blowing and fascinating in Black.

To have played a deaf and mute girl with so much conviction must require some talent."

She continues, "When I worked with the Big B on the sets of the film Ek Rishtaa — The Bond of Love (which released in 2001), I was convinced of his greatness. He was extremely warm, compassionate and hardly made me feel like a newcomer."

But Kanika is clear that she wants to be in TV, rather than films.

Explaining why, she says, "It was a great experience to do the film, since it was my first, but after that I have not really considered getting into any other film.

I feel TV gives you more of an upfront role, unlike cinema, where you play a very small role and most of your character's scenes are edited out. I did not really get a lead role in any film after that, and was not interested in playing supplementary roles."

She is happy to stick to mainstream television as of now. Says Kanika, "Doing something like theatre requires a lot of time, which is something I do not have right now.

My four shoots happen at almost the same timeSleepy, which is very time-consuming in the initial stages. Let's see what the future may have in store though."

More about Kanika

When it comes to Borivli, Kanika says she is again open to change. She explains, "I've grown up in Borivli, and do enjoy living here, but it's quite difficult for me to travel back and forth, because most of my work is in South Mumbai. However, I may plan to shift elsewhere in the future," says Kanika.

Edited by JinK - 11 March 2005 at 7:08am

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Thx for sharing

icy_devil IF-Dazzler
icy_devil
icy_devil

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
ya,thx's 4 sharingBig smile
jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 18 March 2005 at 6:12am | IP Logged
thanks a lot
lolly Newbie
lolly
lolly

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 11:33am | IP Logged
shahidlover24
u allready know that shaid already had a girl friend .
if u dont no that i will tell u his girl is keerena

i am so sorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy shahid lover

Cry a big news to shahid lover24a big news for shahid lover24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ABIG NEWS FOR SHAHID LOWER24
lolly Newbie
lolly
lolly

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Cry
lolly Newbie
lolly
lolly

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 11:34am | IP Logged
SOOOOOOOOO SORRRRRRRRRY YYYYYYYYYYYY                       
lolly Newbie
lolly