Other Shows
Other Shows

Bhabhi’s new paying guest

JinK IF-Rockerz
JinK
JinK

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 4:23am | IP Logged
Kartik Sabharwal
Kartik Sabharwal doesn't seem to have any doubt that he has what it takes to be a success.

"Public relation skills like Shah Rukh Khan, talent like Aamir Khan and attitude like Salman Khan is what any actor needs and I think I have them all
Cool," is what this 26-year-old has to say when asked about his strengths.

Sabharwal is debuting in the daily soap Bhabhi, which airs on Star Plus. He has been chosen to play the role of Krish for the UTV serial.

Elaborating about the character, Kartik says, "Krish lands up in Saroj's houseDead because he needs a place to live and a very interesting love-hate relationship develops between the two. He gradually gets attracted to her, not realising she's marriedConfused."

This Lokhandwala resident is a veteran of 40 ad films, including Fiat Palio, Parker Pens (with Amitabh BachchanClap), Videocon TV and LG air-conditioners.

When asked why he chose to become an actor, Kartik, who hold an MA degree in English Literature from St Stephen's, Delhi, says, "I chose acting as a career because I always wanted to do it.

Besides, I was already modelling by then and so I thought why not test my acting abilities." And that is what brought him to Mumbai.

"Another reason is because I wanted to be independent," says Kartik, adding, "When I was living in Delhi with my family, I used to wonder what living on my own would be like. Living in Mumbai has taught me to be independent."

When asked if playing Krish means an end to his Bollywood dreams, Kartik says it's the beginning of his career. "I think UTV's offer is great. It's a good opportunity for me to display my acting skills and get noticed," says this Sagittarian.

So haven't there been any film offers at all? "Though I've been approached for films, I'm waiting for a good break. I love the lavishness of the film world and I want to be a part of it for the moneyLOL as well," says Kartik candidly.

"Also, the credit for a performance in a film is given to the individual actors. You would remember Shah Rukh Khan for playing Mohan Bhargava in Swades. But in television, you recognise the actors by their characters.

You would recognise Nausheed Ali Sardar as Kkusum and Ronit Roy as Mihir Virani and not vice versa."

When asked where he sees himself 20 years down the line, Kartik says he has more goals than just being a successful actor. "I'd like to own a stud farm, be surrounded by a beautiful wife and happy kids with my hair slightly graying at the temples," says this television world's new baby.

What Kartik loves about Lokhandwala-Versova

Food

I love the Indian food at Urban Tadka or Saffron at JW Marriott, sizzlers at Pop Tate's and the Chinese cuisine at Legacy of China.

Favourite hangouts
I am a home bird and prefer friends coming over and hanging out at my place.

Edited by JinK - 11 March 2005 at 7:03am

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 5:48am | IP Logged
thanx 4 info!
cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 13 March 2005 at 2:29am | IP Logged

Thanx for info. He is cuteEmbarrassed.

But they are too much dragging Bhabhii am fedup of this soapAngry