India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

about makeover of jassi

tupa Groupbie
tupa
tupa

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 3:38am | IP Logged

i dont like this makeover.do u know in subcontinents in case of arranged marriage most man rejects a woman only bcoz she doesn't have a fair complexion. many woman suffers from inferiority complex due to this n they use various types of fairness creams n other cosmetics only to look good. it is dissapointing to see that the true identity of a woman is not her good qualities or sacrificing nature but her outer looks.this is really an insult to woman hood dat woman is the symbol of beauty and body.is this means a woman has no importance in society if she is unattractive??? since this serial is very popular so they shud have shown that despite being abused or humiliated everywhere jassi bcums an idol by overcoming all the obstacles with her old looks.dey r suggesting woman to do make up, hair cut to woo deir lovers.so what will dose women do who dont have a fair skin shud dey do a cosmetic surgery like michel jackson did???

dissapointed n angry

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 3:45am | IP Logged
u do have a point
Tindae Groupbie
Tindae
Tindae

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 6:14am | IP Logged

Tupa an excellent observation.

I have hated the way Nadini has been pushing Jassi to change her looks.

The plus point of this drama was Armaan fell in love with the qualties and deeds of jassi. Purab fell in love with Jassi as she was.

It would been a great achievment for T&D to have married off Jassi as she was to Armaan ( A Fashion ICON)

Living Example Prince Charles getting Married to Camilla Bowles a real

ugly duckling compared to Princess Diana!!!!

ummm Senior Member
ummm
ummm

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 7:00am | IP Logged

Tupa I see your point, but the truth is that that's how the world is. Just look at the number of cosmetic, beauty products and lingerie companies all over the world! Women wouldn't be wearing stockings, undergoing cosmetic surgeries and getting body hair removed if it did not matter!

As Tindae already pointed out, in JJKN, they have already shown Armaan and Purab flipping for her even when she was the so called ugly Jassi! And boy oh boy, Jassi did rise to a prominent position in her career, that too in a fashion house, despite being what she was!

In a way, I'm glad that they are doing her makeover. It is not just about a pretty face, it is also about how one carries herself. I've said that in another post earlier too. Actually, ever since I've come to US, I have noticed that, in general, people here carry themselves very well and look nice even when they are not blessed with pretty features, while back home in our subcontinent, many women who have nice features looks very ordinary because of the way they dress or because they hardly use makeup. I don't see a problem with trying to look better.. it does boost confidence.

Edited by ummm - 11 March 2005 at 7:02am
angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 7:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
rouble Senior Member
rouble
rouble

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 7:34am | IP Logged

in today's world looks do matter. as far as JJKN is concerned armaan and purab did fall in love with jassi as she was....but she doesn't know that armaan truly loves her and she should have known this before the makeover that a person like armaan loves her as she is. then they could have shown that she changes her looks to be armaan suri's wife and noone should have forced her to change. if she would have changed after knowing that armaan loves her the way she is then it might not have given a wrong message.....mey be.but they r not showing that...too bad..........just an opinion!

snadir Groupbie
snadir
snadir

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 7:43am | IP Logged

Hi All!

Tupa i can really see what u are tryin to say but whether its make up or a hair cut, you can't change ur facial features. These things only enhance ur beauty and i think thats wat they are trying to do for jassi...she has been through alot in life, it was time for a change and to proove herself to those who looked down at her and judged her merely on the basis of her looks.

I believe that u shouldn't change urself for anyone but urself...that is what jassi is doingSmile

S

opola_islam Groupbie
opola_islam
opola_islam

Posted: 11 March 2005 at 7:50am | IP Logged
tupa my friend i agree with u.ur point is right

Go to top