Astitva Ek Prem Kahani
Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

India's best for Astitva.

sangeeta Goldie
sangeeta
sangeeta

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 9:28am | IP Logged

Ajai Sinha picks'India's Best' participants for 'Astitva'

Hasratein, Justajoo and Astitva --- dealing with complex human relationships seems to be his forte. Ajai Sinha, the creator of these critically acclaimed serials has taken on new faces for Astitva, which will take a leap on 15 March.

"They have energy and enthusiasm --- the sets come alive with their performance," says Ajai Sinha, adding that they were his find, specially, Abbas Khan, who will play Swapnil, Dr Manas' son. Yuvika Chaudhary, who won the title of India's Best Face in the competition, will play Dr. Simran's daughter (Neha and Abhi's Gudia).

"I was one of the judges in the Lucknow auditions and I almost handpicked Abbas, I am sure that all of them will do a good job," says the veteran director.

Ask him why he chooses to do serials on themes that are so complex and have a niche market, he says, "As creators, the media has the responsibility to promote progressive themes."

Equating the media as the watchdogs of the society, he points out that when a serial like Astitva becomes a brand, even

Ajai Sinha

without TRP's, then he is happy. He cares less about commercial viability, but feels that the market is as you perceive it to be. "Media creates the market," he says.

Ajai points out that creating something for television is like drug-peddling, the audience will get addicted to whatever is

shown, "the run of the saas-bahu serials has to come to an end but there is a sense of panic when something new is shown," he says, adding that he will continue to make different serials, because that is what gives him a sense of satisfaction.

Astitva seems to be high priority for Ajai for the time being, but he is looking at new horizons --- as his pet serial takes a leap of 18-years, Ajai hopes that audiences world over will mature along with his characters.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/march/9mar ch/news_astitva.php

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 9:38am | IP Logged
thanx 4 the info!
Khushalay Goldie
Khushalay
Khushalay

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
thats great & i think others in the india's best contest should also givena chance. they all were fabulous.
anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
I think that was a very sweet and good move by Ajai Sinha.

Young artists getting an opportunity is really good. They don't seem to get enough without a struggle...but the new generation are having great benefits with all these shows and competation.
Kiran48312 Senior Member
Kiran48312
Kiran48312

Posted: 23 March 2005 at 4:40pm | IP Logged

Cool!! i love(ed) india's best!!!!!!

i wanted Mohit and Aditit to win i know Aditi did but Mohit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cry

I also like Abhisheck Awasthi

I dislike Sawar!!!!!Angry

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top