We are looking for Bhanu Uday!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

'We are looking for Bhanu Uday'

Juhu police are trying to trace TV actor who was mentioned in the suicide note of actress Kuljeet Randhawa who hanged herself on Wednesday

Anil Raina

Kuljeet Gurbhachan Singh Randhawa, 26, the lead actress of television serial Kohinoor, committed suicide at her Juhu residence on Wednesday evening.

Police recovered a suicide note written by her in which she has stated that she took the extreme step due to depression. She has also stated that no one should be held responsible for her death and has said that her property, including her car and bank balance amounting to Rs 90,000, be given to her father, an officer with the Central Reserve Police Force in Delhi.

Kuljeet had shifted to the apartment in July 28 last year and was living alone. According to the watchman Dharm Singh, her friend Bhanu Uday used to visit her place regularly. Bhanu and Kuljeet used to work together in the serial Special Squad.

"We are looking for Bhanu," said police official of Juhu police station R Desai. Mumbai Mirror tried to contact Bhanu on his mobile phone but he was not reachable. Sources inform us that Bhanu is in Jammu at the moment.

"She was living alone and hardly interacted with other residents of the building," said M K Prakash, secretary of Krishna Apartment where the actress resided. "Actually, we only realised today that a TV actress was living in our building. We have never seen her," said Prabhu P K, her neighbour on the first floor.

The suicide was discovered when Kuljeet's maid arrived to do the cooking as usual in the evening. When she opened the door she found Kuljeet hanging by her neck from the fan in her bedroom.

"I got really scared when I saw Kuljeet and immediately rushed to inform the watchman," said the maid.

The police, who were informed by the secretary of the building, reached the spot a while later and brought the body down. She was taken to Cooper Hospital, where she was declared dead upon admission.  Police have registered a case of suicide. 

Kuljeet had come to Mumbai from Delhi and started her career in modelling when she contested the Gladrags model competition in 2001. Earlier, she had worked in advertisements for Maruti Electrolux among others. She had also worked in different television serials like Special Squad, Hip Hip Hurray, Cats and the Punjabi comedy Tunay Ka.

"Every one in the television industry is shocked. She was very lovely, very brave.  I had met her a week ago, I can't believe she did this," said Dev a television actor. Kuljeet's parents arrived from Delhi on Thursday morning to claim her body.

• I am killing myself because I am depressed...
I desperately wanted to be happy...
No one is to blame for my death...
Bhanu is innocent and is a good human being...
Give all my belongings to my father...

WHO IS BHANU UDAY?

Star One viewers will remember Bhanu Uday as the dashing Aryan in the series Special Squad. Kuljeet was his co-star in the serial until it was wrapped up late last year.

Although Kuljeet continued to do other TV serials, Bhanu moved on to the big screen with the Hollywood flick, Searching for Sara, co-starring Manoj Bajpai.

His second film is an Indo-US production, Monsoon, directed by Shyam Palse.

Nevertheless, Bhanu was not averse to working in television, but said he would not do anything that didn't appeal to him.

Sources say he is currently in Jammu.

Thanks for sharing.................
thanks 4 sharing.......kuljeet..... i miss her.
why isnt bhanu saying ne thing to the media...why is he making the police look for him....???????
i feel that Bhanu should face the police and sort out the issue at the earliest....ppl still remember him as an honest and responsible cop of ss...i am 100% sure that he is innocent...and i am waiting for the whole world to say that from their heart.
mayb he s not in a condition 2 face the world as yet.
kuljeet's loss s an irrepairableloss to him.
sumthing wich he will take time 2 ger over.
so guys lets b with him and pray that he gets over his tough time soon.
Shocking news for sure.We were all hoping of seeing kuljeet in revamped SS, but this does not seems good.Why in the hell would she commit suicide just when she was having best of her carreer?
it was very sad to hear about kuljeet 😭 .......she was very talented.......and she was doing very well with all her serials......she was mine one of d favourites.......and bhanu its all ur loss atlast......u cud have saved her life..........as everybdy is saying its bcoz of lovers tiff

anyways

MAY GOD BLESS HER SOUL.....AMEEN
What would make Bhanu more unhappy 1.Kuljeet's death?
                                      2.Knowing that her Girlfriend was not sensible enough not to commit suicide atleast for him?