ASR and La get engaged - YIPPEEE! - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Yipeee, indeed!! Agree with you completely - IMO, once you announce your intent to marry, it is an engagement already - an official commitment.  How does a ceremony change that??  A ceremony is just a celebration of that announcement.  So technically, they are already engaged so just setting a date for the celebration doesn't make it any more official!!!

I am pleased that the CVs did not go with convention and the 'popular' way out and do a confession scene.  I am happy to finally see a serial that doesn't have a vamp, a saas or a don who do all the dirty work to keep the leads apart.  Here the leads do it themselves - they are tripping over their pride and egos all the time.  How very human and refreshing to see a battle of wills.   ArHi will be together but we will have to walk on hot coals to get there.

Perfectly said!!! this is what sets IPK apart from the rest.  And this is what brings us back every day to discuss every emotion felt and unfelt, each feeling expressed or unexpressed, and every action taken or not. 

Out of the box!!! You monopolize the talent, my friend!!

Totally Agree Anu! their engagment does not bother me at all! I would love to see a La n Arnav marriage compared to a Shyam n Khushi marriage anyday.

What is the big deal? The guy is just following up w what he said! Why do we hav to hate??!
I am with you on this one. They are engaged, so what. The pheras aren'tšŸ˜† And about the bangles, let La have it. Khushi wins the jackpot, ASR!šŸ˜³
Originally posted by the_rain

I wouldn't have minded La-ASR engagement if the bangles of Arnav's mother was not in the scene. I mean few days back we were all kind of sure that things are heading towards a double marriage, and an engagement is bound to happen if story goes that way.

But after the very emotional bangle scene and the intention of Anjali to put those on La's hands in engagement itself, I don't think the engagement would be very tolerable thing. It's one thing to take the wrong decision of hasty engagement as a defense mechanism, but it would be really degrading their late mother's wish and emotions if La wears them first in engagement and then Khushi gets it after ArHi marriage.

They've turned it into a sentimental issue after bringing the bangles in the scene. And one of the reason I didn't like the fact that ASR would want to get engaged quickly is that, it was predictable that he won't confess and do this very thing. Or was in very predictable in the first place just because we've taken our time to really learn Arnav's characteristics? 

I very much agree with you on the point where you say that it's themselves who are obstacles in their path of love instead of some evil minded super-sonic vamp. It's what makes all the difference in the show and makes it gripping.

I also commented that the only person that I want to ever wear those bangles is KKG.  They belong on the wrists of the woman who can restore the peace their tinklings brought to ASR before.  The CVs will not dishonor that symbolism.  We have to have faith.

@bold - I think we may be in the minority who understand ASR's characteristics.
Wow you have said an amazing point. yes the leads themselves are responsible for their lives. third persons do interefere like bua but its ultimately leads decision. i am not blaming only arnav here, even khushi is equally or perhaps more responsible.
Originally posted by --Sari--

I am with you on this one. They are engaged, so what. The pheras aren'tšŸ˜† And about the bangles, let La have it. Khushi wins the jackpot, ASR!šŸ˜³

I can't see La wear the kangans - and if ASR believes now his mom is watching - he doesn't want La to have them either.
They may do engagement. Its not a big deal. But somehow their relation will not last.
LOL i love the line you wrote not a vamp in sight lmaoo... 

but ye i dont mind asr and LA getting together cause it will just help arhi getting closer so keep it going asr and LA :D
Anu you have again hit the bull's eye.

That is the natural reaction of ASR .  To counteract Khushis engagement by announcing his own .

This is a battle of ego, a wrong battle but their own battle in which either both of them will lose or both of them will win. There cannot be one loser and one winner.  
The story has come to an interesting turn - and the CVS are exposing everything but cleverly never giving any hint how Shyam will be exposed .

I dont know about others but I am a seasoned viewer of Kekta serials where people used to get married twice or thrice and the female lead while married to A , used to be pregnant with B's child and when married to B - got pregnant with C's child . šŸ˜†  So a couple of engagement is nothing compared with that šŸ˜ƒ

@ The rain

Kangans were brought in to show that  even if the engagement happens between LA and ASR , the kangans will not he in La's hands. Somehow or rather they will reach Khushi - even if Shyam has to steal them.  SO do not get sentimental about them .  The kangans are now playing the role of ASR's mom .

Edited by sunaina02 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by mahi0809

Gr8 topic Anu!!... When I saw the title I thought... OMG Anu's gone mad, but when I read your topic I realize that yes it didn't come as a shocker to any of us... La is not only his gf... but she's living in his house if that doesn't say anything about the level of closeness and Arnav and La have in the eyes of the world then nothing will.

Plus, I love the battle of the wills concept but the million dollar question is: Whose 'will' will break first?... Whose inflated ego will get a dose of deflation?... I'll bet my money its gonna be neither but the situation they'll be in...

However, seeing Arnav's a businessman and a good one too... such rash decisions from him out of fury/ anguish also show how soon his business will crumble now then this is how he's making life altering decisions!!... Hopefully something will knock some sense into him!

Mahi - I put the disclaimer of being a wackadoo šŸ˜†

ASR is only impulsive when it comes to his emotional reactions with Khushi - she is the only person who does that to him - everything else is a business decision.  When he slapped that fashion director - he had already calculated in his head repercussions and did it.  With Khushi he FEELS, he LOSES control - this is where his impulsiveness comes in.  This is new, uncharted waters for him.  I would love to know that is this being driven to NOT be like his dad.