India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

DK and Vedant - Kane and Able?

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 1:23am | IP Logged

DK and Vedant – Kane and Able? (Btw, Kane and Able is a marvellous story by Jeffery Archer about two opposite as poles brothers!)

I find the chemistry between DK and Vedant to be splendid, and they actually do look and behave like two warring brothers who deep down have great respect and affection for each other, but outwardly, can't stop getting on each other's throats all the time!

My thoughts on the DK – Vedant Nexus!

DK is not really jealous of Disha and Vedant's friendship, he is just highly insecure about it -  And he is insecure not because he suspects that Disha might get attracted to Vedant, his reasons, I feel are different. Considering that DK and Vedant did have a rocky past (DK seems to have a rocky past with everyone right from his Mother, to Dev, to his Father, to Disha, to Gargi, to Parineeta and now with Vedant!), he is afraid that Vedant might try and brainwash Disha against DK, with regard to DK and Parineeta's relationship / incident. (The dream that DK has about Vedant calling Disha sexy was just  a one-off thing, DK keeps ogling at Dee the whole day and imagines that all the men in the World will do the same!)

DK considers and treats Vedant like a younger brother – Considering that DK is such a ruthless guy and that he does not value any relationship apart from the one he shares with his Mother and now with Disha, he does seem to have an elder brother type thingy going on with Vedant. Remember how tightly he slaps Vedant in the restaurant when Vedant tells him to ''Get off my face'', and in an awesome DK scene, he slaps the living daylights out of Vedant and tells him to think before he utters such words with someone elder to him. If DK did not give any thought to Vedant, he would have just ignored him or probably got even with him later on, but he chose to hit Vedant and that too in front of Disha (knowing fully that she will get offended with DK again on this issue), I think he exercised his right as an elder brother teaching a thing or two about good manners to his younger sibling.

Vedant does not treat DK as his elder brother, but surely considers him as being one – Have you noticed that since Disha came to know the truth about DK and Vedant's relationship, Vedant has never referred to DK by his name and always addressed him as ''Brother'' much to the chagrin of Gargi! Vedant might not have great feeling for DK for reasons best known to the writers of TD, but he does show respect and deference towards him, else, Vedant being the cocky character that he is, could have easily slapped back DK in the restaurant, but he did not.

Vedant is not an issue with DK anymore in regard to Disha – In the last episode, DK very clearly tells Disha that he was upset with her because she lied to him about not meeting Vedant and not because she met him despite his order. DK tells her that he would have been angry with her after knowing that she met up with Vedant, but not as hurt as he is know, after getting to know that she lied to him and sneaked behind his back to meet him, for whatever reasons. If DK was actually jealous of Vedant and Disha's relationship, he would have thrown Disha out of his house, once he got to know that Disha had met him, but he did not.

Vedant is Prince Bharat to DK's Lord Ram – With apologies to all the Hindu Gods once again, and once more seeking a parallel from the Ramayana, Vedant is helping out DK and Disha against Gargi, we will get to know today, whether Vedant is truly a nice guy else he was just pretending to help out Disha (I am 101% sure, he will double cross Gargi) Vedant inspite of being DK's step-brother, and inspite of having an axe to grind against DK, is not willing to dirty his hands in his Mother's evil plans and has no interest whatsoever in DK's property and wealth and the only reason for Vedant to join Kanaka house could be to return the property and wealth to the rightful owner. Vedant might not have great love for DK, but at the same time, he is going against his Mother to protect his elder-step brother from getting ruined. Also, Vedant seems to have a soft corner for Sumitra and keeps warning Disha to protect Badi Maa from Gargi's clutches.

Vedant has grudges against DK but does not want to take revenge – Inspite of being under the impression that DK had done something to Parineeta which forced her to go away from Vedant's life, he is not evening things out by doing the same with Disha or even thinking of doing such a thing. Vedant treats Disha more like his sister (he does call her Bhabhi once!) and wants to see both DK and Disha together. He keeps mentioning to Gargi why is after DK and Disha's life and why doesn't she just leave them alone in peace, if he didn't care two hoot for DK, he would have just tried and protect Disha from Gargi and just left DK alone to deal with his Mom!

I am dying to see how DK would react after seeing Vedant in his house and wonder how Disha will maintain her friendship with Vedant infront of DK's eyes (on top of that the poor thing is unemployed and would be at home the whole day!) It would be very interesting to see how DK and Vedant's relationship undergoes a change when the Parineeta misunderstanding between them is cleared up! They would make a really striking Brother-Brother Pair, complete contrasts, yet strikingly similar. DK being the serene, aloof, matured and intense elder brother while Vedant, the typical happy-go-lucky, young, friendly chota bha! Very cute!

jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 2:05am | IP Logged

hey dish

if vedanth is prince bharath then who is prince lakshman?????????Smile

samy74 IF-Dazzler
samy74
samy74

Zee Channel

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 2:23am | IP Logged

Hi Disha

Another cool anaylsysi what can we say?? Yes i think deep down there is some love and respect but it think it is burried becuase of the differences but i also thinkthat Gargi might have played a big part in creating the misunderstanding!!

Yes Dk and Disha well i just hope they come closer now!!

You posts are always great just keep up the good work.

Samy

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 2:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jingle

hey dish

if vedanth is prince bharath then who is prince lakshman?????????Smile

LOL For that we will have to find out the remaining wives of Dhruv Sehgal and the offsprings from them!

Cherios,

Dee

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 4:39am | IP Logged

Dee as  usual like your update on episodes , your character analysis has been outstanding and excellant. I do agree with several of your points, and agree there is quiet similarity with great epic Ramayana, don't see it going the mahabharat way ( Di is no Draupati and DK is no Yudhister and Ved is no Arjun, Bheem , Nakul or Sahdev).

Ved is the lovable go happy guy, who has managed to add a lot of comic releive in between and has suited the role, and can't imagine him plotting anythink adverse against the senior Sehgal Family (sumitra ma, DK bhai and Dish Bhabhi). He will surely  play the role of Bharat in returning the empire from wicked mom gargi ( kakei) 

And definately him entering the sehgal home with bag and baggages with a bank is  something to look forward too.

Asian Princess Goldie
Asian Princess
Asian Princess

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 10:06am | IP Logged

Once again disha great annaylisis on Dk and vedants relationship Clapseriously it could not have been described any better Big smile

I also think that vedant will never betray disha but he is on disha and dk side Smile 

When i saw the episode where dk smacked vedant i thought it was hilarious LOLlolllll vedant was trying to act so cool and smart and our dk just gave him one blow it was soooo funnny lollll and disha was just gobsmacked loll!! yehh its so true that vedant respects dk even though hre doesnot show it as he didn't hit him back as you said soo theres hope for our two brothers being friends Big smile

spark Newbie
spark
spark

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 12:58pm | IP Logged

the unemployed  DK will surely keep an eye on ever y movement of disha and vedanth and he will start suspecting disha.

dK is a person who thinks that every thing under the sun can be bought by his money he was head strong of the wealth he had gained. When disha asked him to marry her he thought that she wants his wealth . So now a man like dk without his wealth will surely grow insecure and think that affection ,concern of disha towards him  is a mere drama to cheat and nothing else.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top