PriyaS
PriyaS

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Gen Next: Astitva's new look
   By: Ami Cholia
   March 10, 2005

Here's a look at the new characters

amic@mid-day.com
Dr Simran (Niki Aneja) with Aastha (Yuvika Chaudhary)
After two and a half years of being on air, the Zee soap Astitva — Ek Prem Kahani will be taking an 18-year-leap on March 15, with a bunch of newcomers essaying the roles of the next generation.

Entering the foray are three participants from Zee TV's talent hunt, Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj.

Abbas Khan from Lucknow will play Manas's son Sonu, Varanasi based Yuvika Chaudhary will play Simran's adopted daughter Aastha and Lovleen (an NRI from Singapore) will play a common friend to them.

The new aged Astitva family
And the young adults — Sonu and Aastha — will be shown to have a love interest in each other.

The leap will also show Aastha Nursing Home expanding into a multi-specialty hospital, with Sonu working under Dr Simran and Aastha coming into the hospital pretending to be a doctor.

amic@mid-day.com

Sonu (Manas' son) played by Abbas Khan
The last episode before the leap
Monday, March 14, 2005 at 9.00 pm

Simran and Abhi ask each other what they should wear for the marriage.

Simran tells Abhi to wear the same jacket that he had worn when they had met at Poonam's press conference.

Amla, Satyavrat and Harsh come for Simran and Abhi's marriage.

Catherine stays away since she is expecting a baby. Abhi, while looking for the jacket, stumbles onto Neha's diary wherein he realises that she had been very insecure about Simran's position in Abhi's life.

sree IF-Rockerz
sree
sree

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 1:29am | IP Logged

Sonu after the leap does not look that good. Hope he acts well. As regards what will happen before the leap, i feel Abhi and Simran will not get married. Abhi , after noticing Neha's diary will probably call off the marriage. So sadCryCryCry.

Poor Abhi, what will happen to him?

PriyaS Goldie
PriyaS
PriyaS

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 1:50am | IP Logged

I agree with you Sree 20, I think he will be overcome by guilt and will choose not to marry Simran. 

Shame, I think it would have been really nice for the two of them to marry, to give each other support in raising Aastha no. 2.   Who knows maybe they will get married after the leap, but then Simran will be close to 50 years old!!

Abhi doesn't seem to be featured prominently in any of the post-leap information, maybe he will move to another city again and start his life afresh.

sree IF-Rockerz
sree
sree

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 2:10am | IP Logged

ya, i agree with you, priya.

Abhi was not shown in the promo on TV. He is not even mentioned in this article. So it is quite obvious that he does not marry her.

If Abhi does not marry her, I think he cannot stay in the same place. So I feel it will be good for him in future to go and settle in a place where nobody knows him.

Wanna hear one of my predictions????Smile

I feel Abhi will settle in some foreign counttry. He will be the first person to meet the real Astha and will get close with her, without knowing that she is his own daughter. I read somewhere that a writer called Ananda is going to appear after the leap. This might probably be Astha. Since Abhi is also a writer, they might have a clash of ideas , in this way might get to know more about each other.

How is my prediction, buddies?Tongue

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 4:46am | IP Logged

thanx 4 the awesome info...

i watched the whole of zee india's best n am so happy 2 hear 3 of the contestants will b in astitva!

Big smile

HugabbleJaan Senior Member
HugabbleJaan
HugabbleJaan

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 8:58am | IP Logged

Jem1299... Correction.. Not Two But Three Contestants.. I'm Thrilled To Learn Just As Everyone That Astitva Team Decided To Choose Zee India Best Contestants. Great Job Zee TV & Astitva Team.

Well! I Am In US! Will Have To Wait Another Month For Leap Though Can't Wait.

Only Hope Abbas Khan Can Fulfilled Role Of Sonu. I Am Not Saying He Is Bad But I Have My Doubts. I Thought They Might Have Chosen Someone Else For Sonu.

Let's Hope New Generation Can Keep Up Popularity Of Astitva & Show Continues For Few Years..

Love The Show & Always Will....

sangeeta Goldie
sangeeta
sangeeta

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 9:21am | IP Logged
I like Yuvika Chaudhary. She is pretty & a good actress too. I do not remember Abbas Khan as to how he acted. I just remember his face. Loveleen is also good. 
jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 10:58am | IP Logged
who will play the role of the first astha(biological daughter of simren)????????????

Go to top