Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

HEy guys i am touched by this Indian kohinoor-kuljit...Take a glimpse of her recent articles...and tribute to her...CryCry

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------

A Talent Swathed with Dusky Beauty - Kuljeet Randhawa

Courtesy: Goher Iqbal Punn
Monday, October 17, 2005

Khuljeet RandawaShe's hot, she's dusky, she's modish, she's a model and now she's an actress.....Yes the guess approaches at right answer.......she is Kuljeet Randhawa, who is taking the breath away these days through her mega suspense-packed serial 'Kohinoor' on Sahara One, the channel that endowed her a vast platform to display her histrionics. Although Kuljeet has earlier worked in several TV soaps but 'Kohinoor' is what provides her a full-fledged leading role to play.

Before entering the terra firma of small screen, this ravishing tall beauty has walked the ramp for two years. Sexily gorgeous Kuljeet got her first break on television with the different popular channels' serials like 'Hip Hip Hurray' and 'Cats'. The actress also enticed the viewers in Punjabi comedy soap 'Tunay Ka Tona'. She also enacted flawlessly in her latest serial 'Special Squad'. Knowing the art of spelling magic with the genre of acting, she always gave her best shot in all of her serials.

Quenching the thirst further, Kuljeet also tried her hand at a movie called By Chance, which is due for release shortly. If glanced her modeling career, the products' names, which she has promoted so far, come up as 'Electrolux, Savalon Soap, Maruti, Recova' and several others.

She hogged the headlines of almost all the publications when she had abruptly walked out of a crime show Special Squad where she was playing Shaina, the psychoanalyst. The makers were left with no choice in hand, so they had to go to hire Gauri Pradhan to replace her. This live-wire performer Kuljeet, who always showed her as a strong and blustery actress in all of her acting ventures, described she quit the serial because she wanted to concentrate on her film By Chance. But rumours appeared in the media stating that she had problems with Gauri being incorporated into the plot but Kuljeet clarified it saying, "I had no problems with her and informed the makers much in advance that I wouldn't be available once my feature film is ready for release. There was no animosity and I left the Squad amicably."

Kuljeet RandhawaToday she is back once again on television screen with Sahara One's mammoth big-budget thriller 'Kohinoor' essaying a pivotal character but her return undoubtedly looked weird as she had gave up her TV career midway for making it big on the big screen. To wash this doubt off the minds of the people in and outside the industry, she expresses, "Since the release of my film has been pushed forward by four to five months. I haven't been told exactly when it will release. So I can't sit idle at home all day. 'Kohinoor' is a very good show and appeared interesting to me and hence I took it up."

This enormous soap, 'Kohinoor' came into her pocket when her friend had stepped down from the project and she asked Kuljeet if she wanted to give it a try and she did and signed the serial.

"One of its kind show, the story of Kohinoor revolves around the diamond whose secrets are still to be unearthed. I play Irawati Kohli, a young and dynamic girl, who has been brought up in London. In the serial she is shown working with Sotheby's as a curator cum business expansion officer", says Kuljeet Randhawa with much gusto.

Since the character was well-knitted and had been scribbled down with much care, it appealed much to her and she was able to identify it easily. "Like me Irawati is a very self-ascertained woman, with lot of dynamism. Her interests and profession as such gives her an adventure oriented bent of mind. She is a woman who takes her own decisions. At the same time she is vulnerable in the face of threats and dangers", Kuljeet chips in the facts of her role.

Kuljeet Randhawa, who started off her career as a model then moved on to many television serials, Sahara One's 'Kohinoor' is what will help her showcase the different shades of her talents of this luminous actress to the viewers. "It will give me a total change of image. And I am sure the audience will love me in this serial", Kuljeet speaks with much conviction.

It's just a beginning for Kuljeet - the actress draped with talents, astonishing skills, heart-hitting beauty, chocolate looks, sexy curvaceous body and huge confidence to deliver the goods on screen - she still has a long way to go.

Send in your views on this feature    

------------------------------------------------------------ ----

Also Read:
    alsoread(""); - Subhash Jha's Box Populi
-
Telly Scope

Kuljeet is Kohinoor's glam quotient

This one was really hard to unearth. But since we promised(SaharaOne has a 'Kohinoor'
up its sleeve!)
, we decided to take the plunge. We made phone call after phone call, but

Kuljeet Randhwa: another gritty character

the female lead of the yet to be launched SaharaOne show, Kohinoor, seemed as elusive as the priceless diamond itself! But, as they say, if there is a will, there is always a way!

Finally, we have it on good authority that the female lead of the show will be played by Kuljeet Randhwa aka Shaina of Special Squad fame. The hard hitting, gun toting Shaina in Special Squad will now play a similar character in the action thriller, Kohinoor. Kuljeet however was unavailable for comment.

Kuljeet Randhwa, who has always played characters that stand out as strong, gutsy and self-reliant women, quit the Star One show a couple of months ago stating that she wanted to concentrate on her film, By Chance, (Kuljeet quits 'Special Squad', Gauri walks in again) that was supposed to be released in July. But rumours abound that the actress had problems with Guari Pradhan being incorporated into the plot. But this is something that both the actresses deny.

Meanwhile, Kohinoor is a big budget action thriller produced by Cinevistaas that will be on air from 5 September and also stars Amit Sadh and Ankur Nayyar in pivotal roles. A one of its kind show, the story revolves around the diamond whose secrets are still to be unearthed. SaharaOne has kept the storyline under wraps and there is no news on the serial from either the channel or the production house. But a little bird tells us that marketing and promotional activities of the show will kickstart sometime during the next two weeks.

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------

Also Read:
    alsoread(""); - Subhash Jha's Box Populi
-
Telly Scope

< code=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0 height=500 width=150 id=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>< NAME="_cx" VALUE="3969">< NAME="_cy" VALUE="13229">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="/tellyawards/y2k5/telly_awards_05_150x500.swf">< NAME="Src" VALUE="/tellyawards/y2k5/telly_awards_05_150x500.swf">< NAME="WMode" VALUE="Window">< NAME="Play" VALUE="-1">< NAME="Loop" VALUE="-1">< NAME="Quality" VALUE="High">< NAME="SAlign" VALUE="">< NAME="Menu" VALUE="-1">< NAME="" VALUE="">< NAME="Scale" VALUE="ShowAll">< NAME="DeviceFont" VALUE="0">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="0">< NAME="BGColor" VALUE="">< NAME="SWRemote" VALUE="">< NAME="Stacking" VALUE="below"> < src="/tellyawards/y2k5/telly_awards_05_150x500.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" ="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150" height="500"> </> </>
Decoding Kohinoor!

Kohinoor…could have been much better. The storyline has potential and one of its high point is that it seems different. But somehow, it falters!

Kuljeet Randhawa: Irawati on a hunt

In the first episode aired on 5 September, the thriller element, painstakingly built up, not only by the campaigns run by the channel, but also by the pomos on air, falls flat during the unnecessary flirtatious conversations between the two strangers (Kuljeet and Amit). It gets into focus only when Kali participates in the scheme of things. Manish Wadhwa, who plays Kali, looks impressive as the brooding assasin, who is driven by an unknown figure to kill in the name of higher good!

A thriller, like drama needs to hold on and persist with its thrill….otherwise it's just momentary and fails to keep the audience glued…this is what happened with me…I lost interest somewhere in the middle.

One great thing about the show is its opening montage -- the colours, the background score and the visuals complement each other and create a magic of sorts that manage to strike a chord. One character, who does much the same is Kali.

Manish Wadhwa: believable assasin

While Manish is good and can only get better as the show progresses, Ira (Kuljeet Randhwa) looks a little fake - a clear Indian dialect without any hint of a British accent (difficult to digest, as she confesses that this is her first visit to the country); Amit Sadh looks more like a comic relief, only the tension is not so gripping that one might need a character like him in the plot! Ankur's presence in the first episode was not enough for me to gauge his skills.

The plot along with the actors look edgy…but hopefully they will get better as the storyline progresses.

The storyline itself is definitely not original. The lead actor gets late night calls from a stranger (Irawati in and Robert Langdon in Dan Brown's novels The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons); an assassin (Hassassin in

Amit Sadh: looking good, but still miles to go

Angels and Demons and Silas in The Da Vinci Code, here it is Kali), who receives instructions on the telephone; and there is of course the web of intrigue that has been woven around the supporting cast comprising of the obvious love traingle (expecting so from Kohinoor, Dan Brown had no influence over this track).

The plot is gripping enough, but Irawati Kohli's search for the Kohinoor, seems precariously close to Dan Brown's quest for the Holy Grail in his popular (but controversial) novel, The Da Vinci Code.

Oh…so close…yet so far...we can only hope that it will get better!

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------- ------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------

Actress Kuljeet Randhawa talks about "Kohinoor"

Photo: R.V. Moorthy

DIFFERENT STROKES Tired of being typecast
Kuljeet Randhawa says the transformation from her usual role as an assertive city slicker to a soft and malleable woman in Kohinoor is thrilling. She plays the role of Irawati Kohli, an NRI art collector in the series, which is being aired on SaharaOne. She says, unlike in the serials Special Squad on Star One and Cats on Sony TV where she is very much her own self, in Kohinoor, she is actually acting. "Irawati's character is of a soft, sensitive and vulnerable person. She is no way an assertive person like my real self. So, I had to act this time."

Short of admitting that she has in a way become tired of "being type-cast on television', she says: "The most important part of being an actress for me is the opportunity to do different roles. My idea is not to get typecast as so and so." Having just finished her maiden film, Mukesh Malick's By Chance, Kuljeet is also interested in doing a Punjabi film. "I would love to do one. Specially, people like Gurdaas Mann are doing a fabulous job out there."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kuljeet- the Kohinoor Of Indian telly-" in Kohinoor forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
In search of a dream

Actress Kuljeet Randhawa talks to Sangeeta Barooah Pisharoty about "Kohinoor", one of the most-hyped series on SaharaOne starting this Monday

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Irawati is no way an assertive person like my real self. So I had to act
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

ADDING A SOFT TOUCH Kuljeet Randhawa in New Delhi Photo: R.V. Moorthy

In this thriller, TV actress Kuljeet Randhawa says, the most thrilling part is the transformation of her usual role-playing of an assertive city sleeker to a soft and malleable woman. Kuljeet, who plays the role of Irawati Kohli, an NRI art collector in Kohinoor, SaharaOne's new series starting this Monday, says, unlike in the serials like Special Squad on Star One and Cats on Sony TV where she is very much her own self, in Kohinoor, she is actually acting.

"Irawati's character is of a very soft, sensitive and a vulnerable person. She is no way an assertive person like my real self. So, I had to act this time," says Kuljeet with a broad grin. "Though happy," she quickly adds, "that the production house Cinevista thought I could essay the role because I myself never thought so."

No typecasting

Falling short of admitting that she has in a way become tired of "being type-cast on television", this former student of Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, says, "The most important part of being an actress for me is the opportunity to do more and more different roles. My idea is not to get classified as so and so." The tall and dusky beauty says, she doesn't mind doing a Doordarshan serial if she feels the role is interesting enough. Something that sounds a tad unusual in the age of K serials!

Having just finished her maiden film, Mukesh Malick's By Chance, Kuljeet expresses her interest in doing a Punjabi film too. "I would love to do one. Specially, people like Gurdaas Mann are doing a fabulous job out there," she says. Belonging to a family, which has no acting background (her father was in the paramilitary service), Kuljeet says, acting needs a willing mindset and she definitely has it. Well, check her out as Irawati in this Monday to Thursday show beginning 10 p.m. tonight.

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Kuljeet's shooting woes
   By: Tushar Joshi
   November 4, 2005

Kuljeet Randhawa
Kuljeet Randhawa has recently been engulfed in a series of allegations.

The actress, who plays the lead as Irawati Kohli on SaharaOne's Kohinoor, was said to be creating problems by arriving late on the sets and delaying shoots.

When we contacted Kuljeet, she refuted the charge. "I don't know who is saying all this nonsense about me. This is totally rubbish. You can personally come on the sets and check with my unit about this."

Health suffered

Kuljeet says she has been shooting nonstop, at the expense of her own health. "I almost blacked out, not once, but twice on the sets. I had to be hospitalised, being overworked and stressed." The biggest challenge, according to the actress, is the fact that the entire team has to constantly run against time to ensure a smooth run.

"At the script level, everything is cool, but when it comes to execution, a major revamp is needed." Kuljeet also stresses that it takes time to get into the skin of Irawati. "I don't use glycerine, I like to emote naturally. These are things I don't want to compromise on, at all."

Travel time

Apart from that, the set is in Kanjurmarg, while she stays in Juhu, and travelling also takes up a lot of time.

However, the actress stresses that she would rather concentrate on her work, than finding out who's maligning her. "I really don't care about who say's what. I am here to work, that's all."

tushar.joshi@mid-day.com

Amit Sadh out of Kohinoor

Amit Sadh, who plays Karan, is about to be bumped off Kohinoor. The actor wasn't informed about this move by the production house, but found out through an assistant director. "I am upset because I had to find out through someone else.

Had I been told upfront, there would have been no issue. What is there to hide? I was anyway unhappy with the show, and had told them about my inability to cope with schedules," says Amit.

The actor has no qualms in admitting that he didn't share a great equation with co-star Kuljeet.

"Yes, I did have issues with her, but I am not here to make friends, either. I would only talk to her between shots, otherwise I kept mum." The actor also complains about the atrocious clothes he was made to wear and the lack of publicity his character got on the show.

"I was wearing these funny striped pants, and was not at all comfortable with them. Also, there was no Amit Sadh in any of the promos or posters used by the channel. Overall, it wasn't a great experience, but I believe in moving on."

In the end, Sadh says he's still on good terms with the producers. "They are killing me off in a scene where some troublemakers come to a dhaba and try to shoot Kuljeet, but I come in the way."

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
The search for Kohinoor begins…officially!

Kohinoor, the much awaited action thriller on Sahara One is all set to hit television

The cast of Kohinoor with SaharaOne COO, Purnendu Bose
screens from 5 September. It was launched today in style in JWT Marriot in suburban Mumbai.

As reported earlier (SaharaOne has a 'Kohinoor' up its sleeve!) by Indiantelevision.com, the show stars Amit Sadh and Kuljeet Randhwa (Kuljeet is Kohinoor's glam quotient) and will be a half hour daily (Monday-Thursday) aired at 10:00 pm.

With an unprecedented publicity campaign that included 400 outdoor sites and other unconventional media vehicles, the show seems to be a very ambitious project and the channel seems to have left no stone unturned to see that show gets maximum mileage.

Manish, Kuljeet and Ankur strike a pose for the shutterbugs
A special music video has also been made.

The show boasts of over 48 pacy scenes in the first episode of 45 minutes, and over 20 scenes. It is the story of Irawati Kohli (Kuljeet Randhawa) and Samar Khanna's (Ankur Nayyar) journey through the immense highs and lows to uncover the intrigues attached to the diamond.

These are the main players in the search for the coveted stone.

Kuljeet Randhawa as Irawati Kohli Born and brought up in London, Irawati has a doctorate in ancient history and archaeology with a special leaning towards India. Irawati travels regularly to various countries to buy and accumulate artifacts for her company.
Ankur Nayyar as Samar Khanna He is introduced in the show as a Special Intelligence Branch officer. The audience is kept in the dark about his actual identity -- he might be a cop, a thief, a mathematician, an art dealer, a con man, or whatever. He is extremely protective about Irawati, but there is a purpose behind this.
Amit Sadh as Karan Saxena Karan's heart is set on Irawati, the female protagonist in the series. Coming back home from one of his frequent business trips, he meets Iravati on the flight and falls for her.But again this is just the exterior and we see the cold side of Karan as he comes into his element.
Manish Wadhwa as Kaali He is a assasin with a heart of gold.He is a spiritual killer.He doesn't know where he comes from, he just follows orders.

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Punjabi kudi-Kuljeet
The female lead starring in crime thriller 'Kohinoor' at Sahara One is a Punjabi kudi- Kuljeet Randhawa. The first thing that strikes you about Kuljeet is her beautiful eyes. The next thing is her smile. Whatever she does, she does with a conviction to excel. Which is why Kuljeet rarely leaves any scope for complaint in her endeavors. "If I decide to something, I see that I give it my best shot," she states. So when this model-turned actress decided to try her hand at acting, it was not entirely surprising that she scored an ace. Presently the actress is on high rotation in the serial 'Kohinoor'.

Film & FASHION

Punjabi kudi-Kuljeet

The female lead starring in crime thriller 'Kohinoor' at Sahara One is a Punjabi kudi- Kuljeet Randhawa. The first thing that strikes you about Kuljeet is her beautiful eyes. The next thing is her smile. Whatever she does, she does with a conviction to excel. Which is why Kuljeet rarely leaves any scope for complaint in her endeavors. "If I decide to something, I see that I give it my best shot," she states. So when this model-turned actress decided to try her hand at acting, it was not entirely surprising that she scored an ace. Presently the actress is on high rotation in the serial 'Kohinoor'.

'Kohinoor' is a situation driven story which assures a lot of twists and turns to keep the viewers on the edge-of-the-seat, says Kuljeet Randhawa. This Mumbai-based Punjabi glam doll is seen as a powerful character of Iravati Kohli. The best role has been given to her by Cinevistas. She is doing fine in the serial which has already raised curiosity. This tall model-turned actress made her debut with 'Hip Hip Hurray'. She excelled in serial 'Cats' followed by 'Special Squad' in which she plays an aggressive character. 'By Chance' is her debut Hindi feature film that will see a release very soon. Kuljeet Randhawa, who plays Iravati Kohli in 'Kohnioor' has already won over the wholehearted applause of the viewers. Regarding her role in 'Kohnioor' she says, "It was by chance when I was shooting for my debut film "By Chance" that I got a call from Cinevistas and Sahara One. I was impressed by the story and the role. I accepted the offer to play Iravati Kohli".

Talking excitedly about 'Kohinoor',Kuljeet stresses that it is a fast paced thriller which is sure to catch-up in a big way. She has been receiving offers to play important roles in serials and films too but she insists that she will opt only for good. She seems to be just another of those Punjabi kudis trying to cash in on the television craze.

— Dharam Pal

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Punjabi kudi-Kuljeet

Film & FASHION

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Hunt for Kohinoor begins
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   August 29, 2005

Kohinoor's cast says cheese
Soap slump? Indeed. To encounter the Balaji block of saas-bahu drama on Star Plus, SaharaOne has resorted to a suspense thriller, Kohinoor, for the 10 pm slot.

After the city was plastered with posters and hoardings about the elusive Kohinoor diamond, the channel finally unveiled their latest offering on Friday.

The daily stars Kuljeet Randhawa, Ankur Nayyar, Amit R Sadh, Ajinkya Deo and Manish Wadhwa. The title, suggesting the illustrious diamond that lured the Turks, Mughals and British alike, is not merely symbolical. The plot will touch upon a lot of historical characters and try to explore other ancient events.

The soap has incorporated elements of mysticism, numerology, astrology and astrophysics in the story. The protagonists, Irawati Kohli (Kuljeet Randhwa) and Samar Khanna (Ankur Nayyar), go through various trials and tribulations as they uncover the intrigues attached to the diamond.

Kohinoor opens with a businessman in Mumbai trying to get in touch with Irawati, just before he is killed. With a degree in ancient history and archaeology, Irawati works as a curator who tries to unravel the secret that the dead businessman wanted to confide in her. Soon, she starts collecting clues and the search for the precious stone begins.

Protective about Iravati is officer Samar, who makes her feel that he's after the treasure, which only she can lead him to. Enter bad guy Kaali (Manish Wadhwa), a spiritual murderer, who kills people out of vengeance and wants the treasure as well.

Ankur Nayyar sounds excited about making his foray into the thriller genre. Says Nayyar, "I've been doing family dramas and romantic stuff for so long. Now I'm in a thriller and it definitely gives me a kick. My gait and body language is completely new. I play the male lead –taciturn and laconic."

Actress Kuljeet Randhawa looked equally pleased. Says she, "I've not done something like this. I play a child-woman, vulnerable and confident at the same time. It has been highly satisfying for me."

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
thanks for the many articles...(i don't know if i'm supposed to post here but)

May God Rest Her Soul In Peace...we will all remember her forever Cry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top