Why Priya and not Brahma? - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by tvdekha

This was so bizarre man.πŸ˜•
Why Priya?

She probably considers Priya a threat to her so called 'Happy' marriage.
Originally posted by BheegiBasanti

I was going to make a similar post. Every so often the writers like to show Vidya being dumb...as if being from a village was equal to one possessing lesser smarts. 😳 All Gaurav did was share what happened with Vidya...there was absolutely no reason to go from that to showing Vidya asking Aditya to hide the truth from Priya. I wish the writers had thought that far ahead to have Vidya imagine that Priya would prevent her from staying with Gaurav if she knew...I highly doubt that! I think they are trying to show how protective Vidya is of Gaurav...like a saint...it will add to his guilt. Who knows, between Vidya's "mahaan" attitude and Adi's anger, Gaurav might even be shown succumbing to getting Vidya pregnant! Ughhh! Getting bored of Vidya now! Wish the writers had shown her moving forward on her own and fighting back at the injustice done to her! There was no need to make everybody, Gaurav/Devyani/Vidya, a victim. In fact, it sucks that for a show based on women, I only sympathize with one character...Devyani!

For a village girl, Vidya is very smart. First it was Gaurav and Devyani who were feeling guilty for the way Vidya was used, which was right. And now Aditya is even feeling guilty for his mother and brothers actions.
If Vidya is afraid of what Priya will do, then Jaya you are right. Priya wont be able to make Vidya do anything unless she herself wants to, just like Devyani. Priya is just there for support and strength as per her character.
Maybe the writers are taking this step for Aditya Priyas relationship too. With this lie it will probably make Aditya understand why Priya also has reasons for not saying anything to Aditya, who knows?
Vidya will most likely move forward with her life when she finally realises there is no hope for her and Gaurav.

Originally posted by --PiaSenGupta--

I guess Gaurav's truth to come out  in open will take 6 more maha episodes , where in every episode one person will get to know it ..
LOL

Will it need that many episodes, since its only Priya, Brahma and Uttara who dont know. Unless we also count Imli, Jaggi and Nathu Kaka  πŸ˜†   πŸ˜†   πŸ˜†
Originally posted by myname

Vidya is too naive and a willing horse. -.- She seriously needs to peek through reality window and see how she  is herself the cause of her misery. 

I'm beginning to realise shes not that naive as she makes out to be ... 
I think sh is still in some formof denial about this marriage but also she doesn't want priya to know coz she is afraid of being pitied by her. Priya marriage is a happy real one and Vidya feels so insecure already  and if priya finds out she might be all sympathetic which might make her feel more worse. Vidya probably also feels envious of priya coz she has a loving hubby and a proper marriage, i wonder if priya ends up pregnant how she might react to that, more drama, crying pity. Vidya really needs a reality check no person can take so much and be all happy with it is really pathetic and she needs to keep her self respect.
Why does it have to be an ulterior motive? Could it not simply be a girl's desire to maintain the fiction of a marriage in front of her devrani? Vidya is jealous of the intimacy between Aditya and Priya. She would not want Priya to find out that Gaurav has never touched her. She could live with the fact that there are misunderstandings between husband and wife, but not that there is conjugal relationship at all.
Btw, do you all think that girls in villages of Haryana are brought up to have self-respect? Haryana has the worst male-female ratio, maximum amount of instances of female infanticide and high rate of crimes against women, not taking into account the menace of khap panchayats. This is not to get into a discussion of these or other social mores in the state or country as a whole, but only to provide a context that Vidya is behaving as she would given the social background. We cannot impose our urban sensibilities and notions on a village belle - and that is what Vidya essentially is.
^^^Gangubai I kinda agree but she knows it too that she cant keep this a secret for life.

Pia- all the yrf shows were like that.Latest is Kismat😊
the thing that bother's me is the fact how they make Adi not think things through as in he knows bhrama shot vidya due to some misunderstanding can he not now put the pieces together and realise maybe his dad was gona shoot gaurav not vidya and that vidya came in the way? if priya knew  im sure she would have worked it out...

Also does bauji know gaurav is gay cos i was under the impression he doesnt know...

and about vidya...i wrote this in another thread so will quote myself here again...
 alsoI don't think vidya is embarssed of Gaurav and his sexuality,if anything she has been suportive of him..even encouraging him to make up with karan... and i feel she doesnt want priya to know as Priya respects Vidya as a bhabhi (jethani)and as a woman and thinks that she has a proper husband-wife relationship with garurav,if priya was to find out maybe vidya is scared that priya will look at her and treat her different...and also it would be humiliating for her to know that priya knows she has nver been touched by her husband. Also she said to Adi that she doesnt want Gaurav to go down in priya's eyes as he will be humliated..plus when she was talking to gaurav on the phone before he went missing she thought he was going to harm himself so this adds to her worry of priya finding out and gaurav being down already it might make it worse for him.
i think vidya feels the longer she can keep up the pretence of her realtionship with gaurav the better what she doesnot realise is the exact opposite will happen it will be worse.
Edited by krutiv100 - 12 years ago
Bauji knows Gaurav is gay.  He was in Devyani's flashback, trying tell Devyani to accept Gaurav as he is; and Brahma came in agitated, going off about some homosexual couple and vowed that he would kill the guy if it were his son.

I really have nothing to say about the show. Just two weeks ago, I would watch it on youtube and watch it again with subs to get everything. Now I don't even care that much to watch it a second time.

Why didn't Gaurav just open his damn mouth and say that was the reason Brahma shot him/Vidya?  Aditya should realistically realise it soon. But I don't think he will.  Priya would've understood as soon as she heard it, which is one of the reasons it's being delayed.

I said this before, I have a worry that Aditya will side with his father if the divorce actually proceeds.

As for Vidya.  I would imagine there are a bunch of reasons mixed in. The first thing Priya would probably do is go to Vidya and try to console her.  Now this is a great thing to do, but it may not be easy for Vidya.  Then there's also Vidya's fear that the exact thing that's happened with Adi will happen with Priya. Vidya doesn't know that Gaurav has already fallen in Priya's eyes (because of the Cheenu matter). 

Is there some selfishness in it? Yes. I said from way back then when she decided not to go back with her parents, that there was a bit of selfishness in it.  But I don't think it's totally and completely selfishness.

BTW- Aditya's seen the pain in Vidya's parents eyes whenever they're asked about a grandchild? πŸ€£  Yeah, now that he knows the "problem" with Gaurav and Vidya, he thinks back to those moments and realises it's pain.  And it's probably more pain in Vidya's mother's eyes.  It's only been a year. Her father is not at that point of  "pain" yet.

Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago