Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 7

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Goldie

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mehek25

Originally posted by DeepShadow

The only thing the show has been safe from till now is the falling-catching sequence, but only God knows how long it will be till the creatives decide to make the show even more "viewer friendly" and wander down that path, thereby continuing to dig the grave of KTLK. :(

Hope we don't get these fall-catch sequences. Am sick of seeing them and also won't suit the story at all. This is a love story where one is in his 40's and is definitely totally mature... This sort of a sequence would not suit Ashu's character at all...so I only hope the CVs will not fall into the TRP trap and show something by which the entire essence of the show is lost. I don't think they will do so...this team seems to be quite mature enough and I am sure they will stick to letting this be a mature love story as they have originally claimed it to be.

I think Dr Ashutosh is soon going to need to open an orthopeadic ward in addition to a children's one if catching and falling happens, lol!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehek25

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KTLK - promise unfulfilled? (Page 7)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Goldie

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by annie_mckinnen

Originally posted by DMGFan-2b-not2b

Hey am glad that this post motivated you to write cos I really enjoyed reading your post'

I agree that the environments are completely different ' not just the Pakistan of the 80s but I think even the India and Pakistan of modern times would have social differences that shape people's responses and personalities..

I agree Nidhi is a girl born and brought up in a modern India, daughter of an indulgent father who in almost everything encourages her to be her own person and make her own decisions (even in the instance of talking to Ashutosh abt the house he never forces her hand), and I must add, that it gives me great joy when I see a young woman willing to do the proverbial "down on the knee" and propose to a guy rather than waiting for the guy to voice his commitment, but I see the point in it if I can see the events / circumstances that lead to it'in this case, Nidhi's new found love completely baffles me'and her romantic attachment for Ashutosh doesn't seem to have any basis.. yup I know love is blind and all that J but unless it was the tongue lashing that she got from Ashutosh that set her off down the proverbial forbidden path, I can't see the raison d'etre for her declaration of love ' I could understand her being fascinated by the man, spending time with him etc but not this'

I agree with what you say about the writers not doing a good job of explaining exactly why she has fallen for Dr. A (apparently it has something to do with the fact that he says she can be a good doctor and he will miss her for that), but in her defence she never admitted until now that she was in love! According to the promos she will do so today Nov 21. Until now she has been acting like a teenager with a crush on her high school English teacher!

..and I can completely understand Ashutosh's defences being swept away by a hurricane called Nidhi.. but that to my mind, would make him indulgent, and a lil warmer towards her but initially just that'

Agree again! What's with him becoming like a character from Beverley Hills or Glee :)

Which is why I actually like the point where they parted in the last episode and why I have hopes of this serial still'Lalaland time is over ' Nidhi's woken up to the fact that no matter how much he appreciates his alarm clock, at the end of the day he is still that "khadoos" strict doctor who takes and gives no quarters as far as his profession goes..

'and Ashutosh also realises that while he may allow her to intrude on his personal space, he needs to decide whether he can allow that in the professional space as well and whether his judgement of her personal charms should be allowed to cloud his professional one'

Yes I loved that scene too. She stood her ground and didn't cry or do anything senti, but acted very maturely. He was firm, but reasonable. They have both come out of their fairy tale cocoons and hopefully reality will strike and mellow both of them down. I wish :)

I guess my fear is that not only is the treatment too filmy, as u rightly said, it doesn't allow you to really feel for the characters or associate with their emotional trials & tribulations.. not only that, once you've shown them falling love so quickly, what then next? A series of saas-bahu like problems or X getting married to Y..  Y getting engaged to Z and so on so forth? JNahiii!!!!!!!!! J

But like I said, they're at a point where they can still do lots with the serial, so shall def continue to watch!

P.S> Will def read your blog post..

You've hit the nail on the head. The characters become caricatures instead of someone you can empathize or connect with. Today is the test. How they take the show from now will reveal how much guts the CVs have!

If you read my blog do please leave a comment. I would love to hear from a critical and eloquent person such as yourself.

Hey thanks for the compliment tho I am far fromeloquent... will def read tonight and post my two paisa bit :-))) I like the way YOU write!

NoComments

NoComments

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

Do, do watch it, and you will absolutely love it!

I do remember Sparsh. it was a beautiful serial.. and thats what I am talking about.. Krishna and Anand never actually said "I love you" but their interactions spoke volumes...I agree thats how lasting love stories are made!

I have tried so hard for such a long time to get the video links for Sparsh or pick up its DVD - but I could never get it! That serial was for keeps...

In fact Ravi Rai (the man behind Sparsh) has quite a few sensitive and well made shows to his credit - like Sailabh.. But I think he never got his due credit!

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Goldie

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NoComments

Do, do watch it, and you will absolutely love it!

I do remember Sparsh. it was a beautiful serial.. and thats what I am talking about.. Krishna and Anand never actually said "I love you" but their interactions spoke volumes...I agree thats how lasting love stories are made!

I have tried so hard for such a long time to get the video links for Sparsh or pick up its DVD - but I could never get it! That serial was for keeps...

In fact Ravi Rai (the man behind Sparsh) has quite a few sensitive and well made shows to his credit - like Sailabh.. But I think he never got his due credit!

As someone made an obervation earlier, in the good ol days, there was only DD, no TRP pressure so you manage to get a few gems! After you mentioned it, surfed and looked around, but other than a stray mention, yup, no downloads...

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
i agree...somewhere down the line the subtly is missing in the show and borders on being in youre face..
i hope once Nidhi realizes the actual equation of her relation with Ashu-at least then the romance and their relation gets more subtle and more mature!
i havent seen the original series...but i still find nidhi a bit OTT at times!

oddgalout

oddgalout

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

Having grown-up with a crush on Dr Ahmer, and, a secret desire to be a Zoya to his Ahmer, I am painfully aware that I have a huge bias when I am writing this post. Though I probably saw Dhoop Kinare when the Paki TV series popularity was on the wane, Dhoop Kinare left an indelible impression on my young mind and I have undoubtedly, regarded that as one of the greatest love stories ever told.

This is why I started to watch KTLK with great trepidation, wary of seeing my favourite story being butchered.

I was pleasantly surprised. KTLK is a wonderful refreshing change from the saas-bahu sagas, or the rural Indian story or even the bubble gum love stories that seem to populate Indian TV. An actual story, great pace, a bunch of characters that appear to have a story of their own rather than being props for the lead pair, well sketched out characters and extremely competent actors to bring them to life.

However, after the initial excitement, I must confess to being a little disappointed. The charm of Dhoop Kinare (DP) lay in the gradual development of attraction and the acknowledgement of that.. there were episodes where the lead pair didn't even have scenes anywhere close to romantic together... a series of events, episodes, conversations threw them together.. and they fell in love, slowly but inexorably, true to their characterisations...

Dr Nidhi going berserk and landing up at 7 am every morning, changing a guy's curtains, refusing to go on a Europe trip, over-reacting to everything related to Dr Ashutosh I feel is a little forced...

Dr Ashutosh, a recluse, a man tormented by his adopted father's betrayal, bitter in the knowledge that another person meant the world to the man who meant the world to him - behaving like a kid who's excited at the thought of his favourite ice-cream, calling Dr Nidhi and talking about alarm clocks.. I don't know ' it's so out of character for him and takes away the depth and the charm of that romance..

Ahmer and Zoya were compelling cos their silence spoke volumes, Zoya was as ebullient as Nidhi is, but her relationship with Ahmer developed from disdain to fear to immense respect and finally love... KTLK isn't charting any of those emotions - Nidhi is like a love struck teenager with her first crush..

I understand  KTLK is not DP, just the basic premise is same, but it's difficult not to draw comparisons'

I feel that under the pressure to provide romantic fodder, the CVs are rushing with the story.. romance is not just about dancing at a wedding, hiding shoes, making hare chane ki curry, and being cute - yes these are all part of it, but over time..

I just feel the romance is rushed...and everything amplified.. like Dr Mallika has suddenly emerged as this all out villain threatening to get rid of Nidhi..there are so many shades to her - a woman who has spent her life waiting for this one man to recognize her as a woman, whose love she has yearned forwhile she has patiently been a good friend to him.. her sense of frustration, her insecurities, they've been ignored and she's this horribly villainous character!

Don't get me wrong.. it's still a very good serial, and, I enjoy watching it but I just think it could have been so much better! Honestly there are some cringe worthy moments whether its Nidhi's behavior around and about Ashutosh or Ashutosh's eager beaver responses to her! I just hope that the CVs don't buckle to "We want a hug" and demands and requests for more romantic scenes..

Compared to the crap one sees on telly, this so far is a  very good product, I just wish they would be a little more patient, and, a little more real! 

There is a beautiful word which defines the underlying ethos of DP, which is missing in KTLK so far '-"kashish"! But I watch in hope!

Lovely post! The show went haywire since the time Dr Nidhi quit the hospital. Added to that maybe it was just my expectation but I thought the main reason for differences between Ashu and Nidhi would be their characteristics and approach. But Ashu isnt as stern as I expected him to be and he even likes Nidhi's methods right from the start. So where is the conflict?
I loathe to admit it but KTLK's timeslot competitor Iss Pyaar Ko is handling the romance build up better best the cliches. Even the non-romantic Saathiya has handled the slow falling of love of leads much better that fans can now savor the moments when they are actually falling in love.
Though I can tolerate KTLK better than the above two shows mentioned here I have more or less quit watching it.  

My God look who is here :-)  As for the show - I wish they had gotten Irshad Kamil to work on the story for something as sensitive as KTLK.  He would've done a fantastic job developing the script for a plot like this.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.