Page   of 7
Page 4 Page 7

pippa

IF-Dazzler

pippa

Posted: 19 November 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Originally posted by pippa

Needless to say, I've stopped watching the show out of sheer disappointment.

Aila Pippa Shocked really?? I thot watching a show which had to rehash its One year old plot of angry boss-secrtry falling back in love with tons of clowns n not to forget the countless...Eyelocks... Trip Catches... wuld have made u more PATIENT in TV viewing..!! LOL

It certainly has made me!! Embarrassed

I lost my patience finally...the rehash didn't work for me...the new track had great possibilities but from all accounts, that too seems to be falling flat.

I think I've lost my patience completely and reached a very low threshold of tolerance.

So, now I head for HBO and Star Movies...and actually enjoy cartoon movies like Despicable Me in which the highlight is a cute little Japanese girl yelling, "It's so flaffy!"LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaAR-ARHI_naila

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KTLK - promise unfulfilled? (Page 3)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 19 November 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pippa

I lost my patience finally...the rehash didn't work for me...the new track had great possibilities but from all accounts, that too seems to be falling flat.

I think I've lost my patience completely and reached a very low threshold of tolerance.

So, now I head for HBO and Star Movies...and actually enjoy cartoon movies like Despicable Me in which the highlight is a cute little Japanese girl yelling, "It's so flaffy!"LOL

Tell me about it... they start great tracks n it goes... phussshhh in a few epis OuchLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pippa

Roopal_ArDi

IF-Stunnerz

Roopal_ArDi

Posted: 19 November 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged
i fully agree with u
but what can we do afterall we indians love such things and also u can't except anything more good from a indian show

ujs30

ujs30

Posted: 19 November 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
one thing is very odd. nidhi now realized that she is in love with ashu. then what was that like making tea, khana and all that? was that only a liking for ashu? in this part our makers fall short. they don't know how to handle such a delecate story.

Marybarton

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Goldie

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wizardofoz

Hi welcome to the forumSmile. The era of gripping love stories disappeared from indian tv more than 15 years back. The one show that left a lasting impression on me was "kashish" starring malvika tiwari, sudhesh berry and kalpana iyer. But that again was the era of doordarshan, no trp pressure and no cable tv. Given all the pressures that channels and production houses are under these days, I think KTLK is far superior to the rest of the crap on tv.So i will definitely continue watching. Smile

last but not least loved your post. Big smile

Thank you... and I do agree with you.. the TRP game messes everything up but sometimes I wonder.. the West has the same pressure and while I am not sure about great love stories, they do churn out some great series... I dunno.. maybe as an audience we're just not mature enough... we have enough and more creative talent but we're happy to watch cliches! :-)

justpratiMehek25

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Goldie

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by imdudehead

Yeah! I feel the love was forced,
I hope Nidhi realizes this was just a crush..and actually falls in love, if that makes sense...

Oh it does! I understand exactly what you mean. Yup, I hope she does!

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Goldie

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Keva

Hi DMGFan-2b-not2b

Subtlety is what is missing in this show. There were a few people on this forum who use to analyze the episodes of KTLK earlier but many have quit. I still watch it coz I am a Mohnish Behl fan and currently he is the only guy on Indian television that can act according to me and hence I watch it for his acting otherwise I am very disappointed with the show. 

Perfect! Thats a really apprpriate word to describe whats missing...the charm is romance lies in its subtlety... and that seems to have missed Rajan Sahai...

...but then I am not surprised...I had started to watch Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata hai, when it started but then gave it up and it repeated oft-told situations... but why blame only him? Most of our tele serials do the same...subtlety is a forgotten art in story telling, i think!

Keva

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Goldie

DMGFan-2b-not2b

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mehek25

Hi Welcome to the forum. I liked the way you have expressed ur views on both DK and KTLK. I particularly liked the following lines (and agree with them too)

The charm of Dhoop Kinare (DP) lay in the gradual development of attraction and the acknowledgement of that.. there were episodes where the lead pair didn't even have scenes anywhere close to romantic together... a series of events, episodes, conversations threw them together.. and they fell in love, slowly but inexorably, true to their characterisations...

But to quote wizardofoz ... The era of gripping love stories disappeared from indian tv more than 15 years back. .... But that again was the era of doordarshan, no trp pressure and no cable tv. Given all the pressures that channels and production houses are under these days, I think KTLK is far superior to the rest of the crap on tv.

After reading both the posts I would just like to give my POV...Both of u are right in ur own way but I too would have liked Nidhi to recognise her love in a more mature way than has been shown...So far as KTLK v/s DK is concerned...I think KTLK is now on the verge of leaving DK behind and is becoming  a serial in its own right. All the similarities with DK are now practically at an end and it is now becoming a typical Indian TV show...As for pitting Mallika opposite Nidhi...the cat fights are now going to start...And I am quite show that Maalu harassing Nidhi and Nidhi will face all her challenges bravely and will even come out successfully from them all...This will definitely be a winner in increasing TRPs...lets not forget what wizardofoz said...TRP pressure goes a long way in influencing any show...

But despite all the above points I love this show and will definitely watch it. But I have realised now that if I want to enjoy the show I have to look at it as KTLK and not as a remake of DK. Once we look at it in its own identity I am sure we will all enjoy the show...despite some flaws which can happen even in the best and most successful of daily soaps.  

Thank you... I did say that I am going to be biased :-))

Having said that, I still feel, that even as a standalone serial, the romance or lack of growth of it, leaves me a lil dissaapointed.. however, its a refreshing change from whatever else is on telly, so hopefully they will get their act together...

DeepShadowMehek25

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.