India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

Info abt Vishaka

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 6:48pm | IP Logged

she is a RJ and an actress, a voice-over artist and an anchor… a daughter, a wife and a daughter-in-law. She plays out all her roles with such finesse that Zee's Kareena Kareena, might well have been inspired by her!

This extraordinary person, who has so many things going for her, is Tarana Raja Kapoor aka Vishakha of Star Plus' Kasautii Zindagi Kay.

"I am bored easy! I cannot do anything that I don't enjoy doing, I will die otherwise," says Tarana, who comes across as completely bindaas.

She has no qualms about saying that she enjoyed playing the no-nonsense Debbie in Zee's Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na more than she did Kasauti…, but ironically, the latter brought her more fame and recognition. "I love playing Debbie, she is completely me. She even talks like me," says an excited Tarana.

Tarana has quit Kasauti..because she felt that her role was not going anywhere. She is taking a month long break to rejuvinate her tired mind and body, but the lady will be seen in full force from April, when she will be part of big projects.

The one thing that excites Tarana the most is perhaps, RJing. Talk about the radio, and her face lights up. Surely, she

must be more attached to the telly, we ask --- considering that its got glamour, name and fame. She seems to think otherwise!

"Radio is my passion. I can't give it up for anything. I love it when people call up in the mornings and tell me that I have made their day. Trust me, it is a very satisfying feeling," says Tarana. Moreover, Radio does not need her to act out parts, this is one place she can be herself --- this is what gives her that much needed high. She admits, "When people recognize me as RJ Tarana rather than actress, Vishakha, I really like it."

How does she manage all this in a day, we ask. Well, she hosts Go 92.5 FM's, Good Morning Mumbai show --- waking up daily at six in the morning to be on time for the show. Then she gives 10-hours to her serials that are on air. She thus ends up working 15-16 hours a day --- catching up on her sleep only on Sundays, when getting her out of bed is a task that no one will want to undertake!

Tarana is also the voice behind the promos of Star One --- promos that not only look different, but sound different as well! Her voice now seems to be the voice of the 'Next Generation,' both on the telly and on the radio.

Frank and outspoken, Tarana wants to enjoy her hard earned money -- " I see actors working 20 hours a day, making loads of money, but not having the time to enjoy it. I don't want my life to end up like that," Tarana says with determination.

As we wrap up the interview, we realise that Tarana is a woman who embodies 'energy' and 'good spirit' --- she is a woman, who has managed to draw that fine line between ambition and obsession.

As we bid adieu, she asks us to stay in touch, and we wonder what more this lady has up her sleeves!

nulz Senior Member
nulz
nulz

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 shring
Khushalay Goldie
Khushalay
Khushalay

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
thanX for sharing but where is she now in the serial.
Karima Groupbie
Karima
Karima

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
thnks 4 sharing.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top