Debate Mansion

Shouldn't everyone respect rights

Bulba thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hear are some of the Mohammad cartoons. Why are the Muslims making such a big deal out of this. If they kept shut, nobody would have known of these Danish cartoons. They should get out of their mentality which is still in medieval era and respect free speech.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gentle_girl66 thumbnail
may be it isnt a big deal for u but its a very big deal for us muslims.i dont think you should say that and hurt our feelings
lil miz thumbnail
hey i totally disagree wid u
what do u mean if we kept shut no1 would have known about it, gyal u need 2 get ur fax rite,it was all over the papers in many countries, I'll tell u what wld have happen if Muslims stayed quite,....those pple wld have carried on taking the mike out of da prophet Muhammad(pbuh)
Edited by lil miz - 18 years ago
euro_pakigal thumbnail
u just dont know what day it is seriously go bak to sleep!!!!!!!
renu_1919 thumbnail
Respecting rights means respecting other religions also, so Muslims have every right to stand up for what they believe in. That is a form of free speech too.

I just wish Hindus were unified and would stand their ground also, but because they are not, we see pictures of hindu gods on T-shirts, in fashion magazines, being poked fun of on TV shows (like The Simpsons)or in novels...and the list doesn't end there. Anyway, that's another debate topic all on its own.
sweet freedom thumbnail

Originally posted by: renu_1919

Respecting rights means respecting other religions also, so Muslims have every right to stand up for what they believe in. That is a form of free speech too.

I just wish Hindus were unified and would stand their ground also, but because they are not, we see pictures of hindu gods on T-shirts, in fashion magazines, being poked fun of on TV shows (like The Simpsons)or in novels...and the list doesn't end there. Anyway, that's another debate topic all on its own.

i agree with u, but im sure most hindus do feel bad about it if they watch shows like that, but not many do anything about it, i dunno if i think they should either, cos im fed up of killing etc. but a peaceful protest would be okay...thats wot should always happem, why does everything have to have violence in it...violence always ends with lives ruined

renu_1919 thumbnail
Originally posted by: goth princess

i agree with u, but im sure most hindus do feel bad about it if they watch shows like that, but not many do anything about it, i dunno if i think they should either, cos im fed up of killing etc. but a peaceful protest would be okay...thats wot should always happem, why does everything have to have violence in it...violence always ends with lives ruined

i agree. violence doesn't solve problems, it creates more.. and i'm not saying hindus should start kicking and punching for these issues.  but what i am saying is that you shouldn't just sit there and not do anything.  protests aren't the only ways to have your voice heard... there are non-violent means also and those should be used.

hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Bulba

Hear are some of the Mohammad cartoons. Why are the Muslims making such a big deal out of this. If they kept shut, nobody would have known of these Danish cartoons. They should get out of their mentality which is still in medieval era and respect free speech.

what are u talking about? we should just keep shut and let the Danish ruin us???!!!!

If we kept shut, then nobody would know how much harrasment is going on with our religon😡  

its not a big deal to you, but to Muslims it is. And making this topic isn't really helping, sorry to say😕

youre making pointless arguments with religon. if youre telling us to keep our mouth shut, then the problem will just keep occuring, the Danish wont realize their mistake. and you shouldn't be making posts like this, its not helping much😕

hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
and yes, the topic title says "Shouldn't everyone respect rights". Can you please try and understand our situation to? we ARE respecting rights, but youre not. you are offending Islam, instead of respecting it. you don't need to accept it, just don't offend it, know it exists. thats all 😕
Aparna_BD thumbnail
I am locking this post as it has a offensive tone to it . Plz don't start topics that attack a community . You could put forth your views in a different tone .