Posted: 19 years ago
Originally posted by rahima

Ok i am a BIG fan of Samir Soni. .... and since seeing him in Jassi it has made me a bigger fan of his... I just want to say that Purab is a true friend for Jassi.. he always enters her life when she is going through hardship first in Allahabad when she was running away from Armaan and now in Mauritous, a true friend is there in the time of need..... Purab liked Jassi for what she was, big glasses , braces , ordinary lookin but Armaan will like her when she has changed.. it says alot about him...

In life our true friends are those who stand by the real us and not the pretentious type.. sorry if i upset Armaan fans, but Jassi truly deserves Purab...

i dont remember Purab standid by Jassi. I do remember him ditching her b4 thier engagement. if he handt armaan would have never had the change to wrong her.

that is soo true, altho it was all meenakshi's fault, becuz she said something to purab and he went off! altho, he did leave a letter tho. as long as he left something for her, such as doublecopies of pictures of memories! i dont wanna start fighting no more! But admit it u all, both of them decieved her, but purab decieved her once, and armaan decieved her almost everyday! im not going against neone!

-mika

Poor purab, I cant bear to see him him heartbroken when jassi will go for armaam, purab is the nicest guy, the problem is tony and diya twisted him๐Ÿ˜ญ.

Originally posted by surnita

๐Ÿ˜†Yeah Purab is such a great friend to Jassi he dumped her and ran off without a word on the day of their engagement!!!

get ur facts straight.....it was a day before the engagment๐Ÿ˜‰
Totally agree with  u Mika...there is no comparison between Purab's one deception and Arman's daily deception .....what's worse as Jassi said"app Jantay thee kay main app sai kitna pyar karti hoon phir bhi aap nay meray sath asaa kiya...app ko muj par zara si bhi daya nahi aai...."  ๐Ÿ˜ก

But Purab, being the good friend that he waz.....uus ko Jassi pay daya aayi thee... that's why he left her for the one she loved....he wanted her to have a shot at Arman .....but Arman blew it baby!

....now the ball (or in this case Jassi) is back in Purab's court and he's already said he's not gonna make the
same mistake twice!!!!๐Ÿ˜‰
Originally posted by ides

get ur facts straight.....it was a day before the engagment๐Ÿ˜‰

yeah right ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by giaa

But Purab, being the good friend that he waz.....uus ko Jassi pay daya aayi thee... that's why he left her for the one she loved....he wanted her to have a shot at Arman .....but Arman blew it baby!

....now the ball (or in this case Jassi) is back in Purab's court and he's already said he's not gonna make the

Talking about Purab's friendship and his reasons, here's something I'm copying and pasting from a previous post... to save myself from typing it all again.. and becos I didn't get any answers... whewwwww๐Ÿ˜›

Lets examine the facts. The first time Purab proposed to Jassi, she said NO because she wanted them to remain 'just friends'. Then Jassi came to know of Purab's so-called betrayal, and he left her a letter explaining his side of the story - so far, so good. The next time Purab wanted to get close to Jassi, he was crushed to discover she was madly in love with Armaan. My question is - why didn't he just leave her alone?? Instead, he ASSUMED that Armaan would never reciprocate her love (Jassi has been guilty of the same assumption, but Purab should have known better, considering that he was in love with her himself, so why can't someone else love her too?? How judgemental!!).. then keeping that in mind he went all out to woo her hoping she would give him some second glances and second chances. In that sense, he was already setting himself up for being Mr. Number Two in her life. How come a smart and astute person like Purab didn't realize that? That was the very foundation of his and Jassi's relationship!! As the wedding drew closer, though, his euphoria at having won her trust and her friendship faded away as he realized it was still her love he craved for, which he couldn't have. If we assume that Meenakshi had a hand in changing his mind, then we must try him in the same courtroom as Armaan who has been accused of allowing Raj to make his life decisions. If we assume Meenakshi had nothing to do with it at all, Purab is at least, guilty of not knowing his own mind and at worst, guilty of betrayal of trust and the only explanation for both can be that he acted in a self-serving way ... first by making all those assumptions about why Jassi can be happy with him and later by not wanting to marry someone who didn't love him back.

In his goodbye letter, Purab ended up sounding like a compete hypocrite. He managed to save her from knowing that it was because of her love for Armaan that he was leaving, but reinforced her own impression of herself as a dowdy middle-class girl by explaining the difference between hi-society and lo-society... now that didn't do any wonders to her self-esteem, eh Purab??? I thought love was about sacrifice, about giving.. but you only managed to leave Jassi feeling even more unworthy of love. Not very laudable!! So what if he had told her the real reason why he was leaving??? Jassi would probably have denied it, saying it was over with Armaan.. Purab wouldn't have believed her.. Jassi would have righteously asked that he knew about her and Armaan all along, so why ask questions now.. and Purab wouldn't have an answer to that, which would end up making HIM look foolish and indecisive and insecure... so why not just avoid these uncomfortable questions and make it a one-way street so that Jassi dosn't even have a chance to present her side of the story!!!! If that isn't selfishness, what is!?!?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

Try as I might, I can't think of Purab as a good friend..๐Ÿ˜•

Originally posted by giaa

Totally agree with  u Mika...there is no comparison between Purab's one deception and Arman's daily deception .....what's worse as Jassi said"app Jantay thee kay main app sai kitna pyar karti hoon phir bhi aap nay meray sath asaa kiya...app ko muj par zara si bhi daya nahi aai...."  ๐Ÿ˜ก

deception is decetion whether its a one time thing or an everyday thing..๐Ÿ˜›

Well said Queenbee. Coward, why are you back???
Originally posted by queenbee

Talking about Purab's friendship and his reasons, here's something I'm
copying and pasting from a previous post... to save myself from typing
it all again.. and becos I didn't get any answers... whewwwww๐Ÿ˜›

<span>

Lets examine the facts. The first time Purab proposed to Jassi, she
said NO because she wanted them to remain 'just friends'. Then Jassi
came to know of Purab's so-called betrayal, and he left her a letter
explaining his side of the story - so far, so good. The next time Purab
wanted to get close to Jassi, he was crushed to discover she was madly
in love with Armaan. My question is - </span><span>why didn't he just leave her alone??</
span><span>
Instead, he ASSUMED that Armaan would never reciprocate her love (Jassi
has been guilty of the same assumption, but Purab should have known
better, considering that he was in love with her himself, so why can't
someone else love her too?? How judgemental!!).. then keeping that in
mind he went all out to woo her hoping she would give him some second
glances and second chances. In that sense, he was already setting
himself up for being Mr. Number Two in her life. How come a smart and
astute person like Purab didn't realize that? That was the very
foundation of his and Jassi's relationship!! As the wedding drew
closer, though, his euphoria at having won her trust and her friendship
faded away as he realized it was still her love he craved for, which he
couldn't have. If we assume that Meenakshi had a hand in changing his
mind, then we must try him in the same courtroom as Armaan who has
been
accused of allowing Raj to make his life decisions. If we assume
Meenakshi had nothing to do with it at all, Purab is at least, guilty
of not knowing his own mind and at worst, guilty of betrayal of trust
and the only explanation for both can be that he acted in a
self-serving way ... first by making all those assumptions about why
Jassi can be happy with him and later by not wanting to marry someone
who didn't love him back.</span><br>

<br>
<span>

In his goodbye letter, Purab ended up sounding like a compete
hypocrite. He managed to save her from knowing that it was because of
her love for Armaan that he was leaving, but reinforced her own
impression of herself as a dowdy middle-class girl by explaining the
difference between hi-society and lo-society... now that didn't do any
wonders to her self-esteem, eh Purab??? I thought love was about
sacrifice, about giving.. but you only managed to leave Jassi feeling
even more unworthy of love. Not very laudable!! </span><span
>So what</span><span
>
if he had told her the real reason why he was leaving??? Jassi would
probably have denied it, saying it was over with Armaan.. Purab
wouldn't have believed her.. Jassi would have righteously asked that he
knew about her and Armaan all along, so why ask questions now.. and
Purab wouldn't have an answer to that, which would end up making HIM
look foolish and indecisive and insecure... so why not just avoid these
uncomfortable questions and make it a one-way street so that Jassi
dosn't even have a chance to present her side of the story!!!! If that
isn't selfishness, </span><span>what is</span><span>!?!?</
span>IMG]IMG]<br
>

Try as I might, I can't think of Purab as a good friend..๐Ÿ˜•

Queenbee, you are too much! I am just gonna have to mail this to T&D.