Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

|| *Parvarrish - Articles Archive [NC]* || (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 19

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Review: Parvarrish 

Sony tv gave us an endearing show in Bade Achche Lagte Hain and now with Parvarrish- Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi, they have yet again brought a fresh concept of modern day challenges in parenthood.

With a cool cast of parents and kids, this show began with a bang.

The plot of the serial revolves around two families & their experiences bringing up their children. Sweety (Shweta Tiwari) is very strict with her children, 16 year old Rocky and 12 year old Ginny, to the point where both get frustrated with her and secretly rebel. On the other hand, Sweety's sister, Pinky (Rupali Ganguly), wants to take care of her children by being friends with them. She has three kids- 16 year old Raavi, 12 year old Raashi, and 10 year old Sunny. However, her overreacting and meddling nature often suffocates her kids and creates problems. 

Sweety is a true Punjabi mother with conservative views. She has a loving husband in Lucky Singh Ahluwalia (Vivek Mushran) while Pinky's husband Jeet Ahuja (Vishal Singh) too believes in the friendship and being cool with kids.

Everyone is cast perfectly in the show especially Shweta and Rupali who work their roles brilliantly. Vivek and Vishal too lend crediblilty to the show. But the kids especially Sparsh Khanchandani who plays Raashi & Aashika Bhatia who plays Ginny are the scene stealers.

For now the problems shown revolve around school and rules. We hope to see more drama and issues too. Parvarrish airs Mon- Thurs at 9.30pm on Sony.

Rating: ***

Verdict: Watch it for lovely nok jhok between parents and kids. Maybe you will even relate to some issues.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kupkakesMrsimisamZari_Khan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| *Parvarrish - Articles Archive [NC]* || (Page 4)" in Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 2:15am | IP Logged

Parvarrish is quite 'real'

• December 10, 2011 
  • By Adelaide Travasso
Parvarrish is quite 'real'

The show Parvarrish, which opened to a decent response and 2-plus rating two weeks ago, is apparently inspired by producer Tony and Deeya Singh's real-life parenting experience.

The couple with two kids decided to use their own experience of raising kids in the show. "Parenting is a personal learning experience and we have used our own experience in developing certain characters and depiction of incidents," admits Deeya.

Apparently, the character of Sweety, played by Shweta Tiwari, is based on Deeya's life as a mother. "Sweety is not exactly like Deeya but she is not much different from the hands-on mother that Deeya is," reveals Shweta who is playing the character to the hilt.

Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 10 December 2011 at 2:16am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

joohi5ifyykupkakesMrsimisamZari_Khan

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 12:54am | IP Logged
    PEOPLE MAY FIND ME HOT,BUT AM A SIMPLE GIRL 

Prime time diva Shweta Tiwari in a no holds-barred chat with Ahmedabad Times 

Amrita Mulchandani 

Bindaas yet down-to-earth thats what best defines actor Shweta Tiwari is.Even four years after Kasautii Zindagi Kay went off air,Shweta is still addressed as Prerna and she has no qualms about that.Lets face it,Prerna made an impact on the audience.Those times were different.I dont think you can recreate that kind of magic anymore on television.However,with the kind of reality shows I have done,people know me as Shweta too, says Shweta who was in Ahmedabad to promote her show Parvarrish Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi.

BUSY BEE 

I agreed to do a daily soap because it was different.I never got interesting roles earlier,so I wasnt seen in daily soaps.When I was offered this role I thought it was nothing great,but when I read the first two episodes I couldnt say no.

SOAP STORY 

TV shows are very different now.Earlier there wasnt much competition because there used to be fewer channels and shows.The average TRPs of the top shows were 30 plus,while today one doesnt even get to see more than 5 TVR for a show.Times have changed drastically.Today,shows vanish in six months.Kasauti..., went on for seven years.Being married or a parent doesnt matter in the television industry.If you are talented,people will like to see you.In the past also there have been many female actors who were married and successful.

TAG ME NOT 

I might have done item songs but I am not an item girl.I will never do raunchy songs with weird lyrics.I like doing peppy numbers and the ones that actually fit in with the storyline of the film.

SEXY WHO ME 

It is great to know that people find me sexy.But I am not hot.I am a simple girl.

BODYLICIOUS 

I dont do anything to stay fit.In fact I eat a lot.My co-stars feel that I am lying when I tell them that I dont go to the gym.After shooting for long hours there is no time to go to the gym.Thanks to my genes I do not put on weight.

NO KNOTS NOW 

I feel people know better than what I know about myself.They know everything about my life.There were rumours that Abhinav (Kohli) and I got married secretly with friends and family.Why do I need to lie if I am married 

MOMS THE WORD 

I have a different way to bring up my daughter Palak.I deal with her differently.If she doesnt score good marks,I dont shout at her.I would rather tell her tuition teacher.Everyday Palak has a new ambition pilot,teacher,cook and now even acting.She needs to com plete her studies and then she can pursue any career of her choice.
    [email protected]

Shweta Tiwari 

Ahmedabad Times [Next]

joohi5ifyyMrsimisamZari_Khan

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 1:54am | IP Logged
    Not really an attention seeker 

In an interview with Ahmedabad Times,actor Vivek Mushran talks about his secret dreams and plan of action 

Amrita Mulchandani 

Rewind to 1991.A chocolate boy took his first bow in Subhash Ghais Saudagar.Vivek Mushran became a teenage heartthrob overnight.Once touted as the next big thing in Bollywood,Viveks BTown career however never quite took off and after a series of forgettable flicks,he eventually moved on to telly shows.Now,the smiling actor returns to television after a short sabbatical.Well,my films didnt work and some TV shows I did werent huge hits either.See,I never shout from rooftops in an attempt to draw attention and that is my shortcoming.I am an easy going person.Youd probably miss me even if I am the only one in a room! says Vivek who was in Ahmedabad recently.There are however,no regrets at all.Life is cool.It is encouraging to see people are watching my show,ParvarrishKuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi,because on television most good shows tend to go unnoticed, he says.
    One of the reasons for him to have signed on the dotted line (for the show) was that he plays the role of a father to teenaged kids and the character is closer to his chronological age too.Plus,the concept of the show is new and different from other soaps.I work with people and need to have a comfort level with my colleagues.For me the production house is immaterial.This is my third show with the production house and I am happy working with them.I am not someone who thinks too much about anything nor do I worry about the end result.I am an easygoing person whos happy with his lot.I dont seek unnecessary attention for myself.Its very easy not to notice me.In fact,Im comfortable not being noticed. 
    On the changing scenario of the entertainment world,Vivek says,TV is like films now.All the makers just want to make a hit show.Just like every Friday new films are released,new TV shows are churned out every few months. 
    Vivek also wants to direct films.Its my dream to direct a film now.I have wasted a lot of time in deciding things but I guess it was destiny.I feel the times right for me.Tomorrow cant come sooner, he laughs.
    In fact,Vivek refuses to share any details about his personal life.If you know nothing about me,youll hate nothing about me.Today everyone knows every small detail about actors lives thanks to social networking sites.I dont like to talk much about myself.I am not someone who gets angry easily.I prefer to keep my emotions bottled up which is stressful.May be,I need to change this habit.Who knows,I might even start letting my steam out in the near future.Dont be surprised if you see me shout at someone next time around! he laughs disarmingly.

Vivek Mushran 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
    ************.********

2011: Most happening shows and people of the small screen

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Dec 29, 2011, 12.00AM IST
    It's time to say goodbye to 2011. Keeping with the spirit of the buzz word called 'entertainment', the small screen had its 'big' moments. While shows like Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Balika Vadhu, Uttaran and Pavitra Rishta got the faithful viewer hooked, other shows too created buzz. Here are some of the highlights: 

Maha Money Scorcher Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 5 stole the limelight. The gameshow had high emotional connect with viewers thanks to the contestants' heart-warming stories (and not to talk about the prize amount '5 crore!). The show broke all TRP records when Sushil Kumar, a computer operator from Motihari who earned '6000 a month, won the jackpot worth '5 crore. Believe it or not, many viewers fired crackers to celebrate Sushil Kumar's win! 

Reality stakes Ratan Ka Rishta came and went without making any TRP mark. Petite small screen actress Ratan Rajput's swayamvar didn't grab eye-balls unlike her swayamvar predecessors Rakhi Sawant and Rahul Mahajan. Veena Mallik might bring back the much-required chutzpah to the show in 2012. The starry presence of actors like Salman Khan andSanjay Dutt couldn't do much to garner TRPs for Bigg Boss 5. 

Short 'cut' The small screen saw many soaps casting a brief spell and getting replaced by new ones. Call it the changing preference of the audience or the TRP magic that compelled GECs to think about various permutations and combinations. Shows like Krishnaben Khakhrawala, Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar, Mrs Tendulkar, Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna, Gulaal, Maati Ki Banno, Maayke Se Bandhi...Dor, Pyaar Mein Twist et al were shelved. And many soaps like Tere Mere Sapne, Na Aana Iss Des Laado, Hamaari Saas Leela, Laagi Tujhse Lagan were shifted to a different time band to make way for new ones in the prime time band. 

Magnum Opus Magnificent palaces and forts, men and women in heavily embellished costumes - the small screen had enough visual appeal on offer. No wonder then that GECs introduced soaps like Chandragupta Maurya, Kahaani Chandrakanta Ki, Shobha Somnath Ki, Dwarkadheesh, Mahadev and many more throughout the year. The winning formula was mythology, fantasy and history laced with opulent sets. 

New Format with old twist New tasks, new thrill, new twists, new excitement -do the 'new' is the word. Several reality shows returned with fresh seasons. Amidst all the reality drama, GECs found new concepts like X-Factor India, Real World, Perfect Couple, Super Stud, Just Dance, Zor ka Jhatka (adapted from Wipe Out), Wife Bina Life (The Week Women Went), Maa Exchange ( Wife Swap) and many more. 

Return of the goldies Adalat, Bade Achche Lagte Hain, Kuchh Toh Log Kahenge, Parichay, Parvarish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi - these soaps have one thing in common. Senior actors Ram Kapoor, Mohnish Behl, Saakshi Tanwar, Shweta Tiwari, Ronit Roy, Samir Soni, Rupali Ganguly and many others are back in action. The audience has welcomed them as these versatile actors still continue to rule their hearts and the TRPs surely reflect their popularity. 

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 6:05am | IP Logged
    Stars plan for New Year's
    New Year's brings fun, laughter, cheer and celebrations all round. And like the whole world, our telly stars too are looking forward to welcome 2012. Read on to know what they plan for the next year and how they would be ringing in 2012.
    Showing 1 of 8 imagesPrevious    Next
    shweta tiwari
    Shweta Tiwari aka Sweety of Parvarish
    I will be celebrating New Year in Rajasthan. I am performing in Jaisalmer on New Year's eve. So I have decided to take my kids along as I haven't really been able to spend much time with them. It would be like a small family vacation. I am really excited about it.

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 9:13am | IP Logged

Return of the seniors

Return of the seniors

Television actors, who ruled the industry with their dynamic performances a few years ago, are back on the small screen. Ram Kapoor, Mohnish Behl, Sakshi Tanwar, Shweta Tiwari, Sameer Soni, Hiten Tejwani and Rupali Ganguly who were forced to stay away from daily soaps returned in lead roles with a bang. They not only improved the standard of acting but caught viewer's fancy with their old world 30-plus charm.
    Says Ram Kapoor, "This is the best phase of my career in television. Bade Achhe Lagte Hain has made me more popular than my earlier show Kasamh Se." According to Mohnish Behl, "When stories change, so do actors. I have always believed that good actors don't fade away but wait patiently for right roles. I accepted Kuch To Log Kahenge because the story was fresh and I'm happy that it's working well for everyone, including the audience," he adds.

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 01 January 2012 at 3:37am | IP Logged
    ON THE SETS 
    ITS PARTY TIME! 

Lots of fun on the sets of Parvarrish Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi 

The cast and crew of Sony TVs Parvarrish Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi believes in making work fun.Shweta Tiwari,Vivek Mushran,Rupali Ganguly and Vishal Singh were in a mood to party and celebrated the festive season with the child actors.Keeping the Christmas and New Year spirit alive,Vishal dressed as Santa Claus entertained the kids and the rest of the crew.While he was busy distributing candies and joy amongst the kids,Vivek did a Daler Mehendi act by dancing to the latters popular song,Tunak Tunak Tun Tana Na.A celebration is incomplete without sweets,hence Rupali cooked some delicious halwa for everyone.Palak (Shweta Tiwaris ) daughter joined her mother in the merrymaking.Shweta was seen discussing with her co-actors about the sweets she plans to order for everyone on the sets.

DANCING AWAY: Vivek Mushran and Vishal Singh with kids 

COOKING TIME: Rupali Ganguly with Sparsh and Palak 

SANTA GETS READY: Vishal Singh 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Post Reply New Post

Go to top