Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

|| *Parvarrish - Articles Archive [NC]* || (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 19

Page 1
Page   of 19
Page 3 Page 19

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 18 November 2011 at 7:13am | IP Logged

Pains and Pleasures of Parenting come alive on Sony Entertainment Television

Media News
Mumbai, November 16, 2011

This November, Sony Entertainment Television and DJ's Creative Unit join hands once again to bring to your screens a refreshing, captivating and fun filled family drama 'Parvarrish… kuchh khatti kuchh meethi'. With Parvarrish, Sony Entertainment Television invites you to explore the world of modern day parenting and various emotions attached with it. Experience, with SET the highs and the lows, the pains and the pleasures of parent-child relation rooted in real life situations.

Premiering on November 21, 2011, 'Parvarrish' is a beautiful narration of parent-child relationship – a story of nurturing; supporting and guiding the children and most importantly the different roles parents play while bringing up their children. The different thoughts and beliefs of parenting come alive in the strong role-play of different sets of parents and their varied approach towards upbringing of the kids. Paravrrish unfurls these diverse roles that parents play in development of their children. It is the story of real people, real emotions of parenting set in present day times.

Parvarrish is an interestingly woven family drama about two sisters, Sweety Ahluwalia and Pinky Ahuja, who are caught up in a hearty sibling rivalry in their attempt to be a better parent. Each has a different set of beliefs and a different take on how one needs to bring up their children and like all the parents in today's world, both the sisters and their husbands have a different point of view hence play different roles at different points and times in their children's lives. Pinky believes that one needs to be a friend to one's children, whereas Sweety believes in being a stricter and disciplinarian mother. The show explores the universal concept of parenting with two mothers and their different approaches towards it.

Two popular leading ladies of Indian television, Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly essay the roles of sisters Sweety and Pinky respectively along with other popular actors Vivek Mushran, Vishal Singh, Sparsh Khanchandani and Anchal Munjral playing the other important characters.

Mr N P Singh, COO, Multi Screen Media said, "The year 2011 has proved to be very successful year for SET. We broke the clutter with our two clearly differentiated fiction properties – Bade Achhe Laggte Hai and Kuch Toh Log Kahenge. And with the launch of our biggest non-fiction property Kaun Banega Crorepati 2011 we have attained the No. 2 position among GECs. Sony Entertainment Television has always delivered shows with newer shades of entertainment that deal with the day-to-day life of every individual. Parvarrish is one such unique concept and we are sure that the audience will love this show. The show will strengthen our hold in the fiction domain along with our already popular shows 'Bade Achhe Laggte Hai', 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge' and 'Saas Bina Sasural'."

Speaking at the launch of Parvarrish, Sneha Rajani, Senior EVP and Business Head, Sony Entertainment Television said, "Parvarrish is a show which deals with the issue paramount in our audiences' lives, which is about parenting and bringing up the children. We are very excited about this relatable emotion set in our times and we are very confident that it will have an instant connect with the viewers. Parvarrish is launching on the back of strong fiction shows like 'Bade Achhe Laggte Hai', 'Saas Bina Sasural' and newly launched 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge'. Launching at 9:30 pm Monday to Friday slot, Parvarrish is a show that will bring alive the pains and pleasures of parenting.

Diya and Tony Singh of DJ's Creative Unit said, "We all have been through various facets of parent-child relations, either as a parent or as a child, but for the first time ever we are trying to portray the unique colours of parenting and the pains and pleasures of this life on screen. Parvarrish captures every aspect of parenting as every character in the show goes through the stimulating walk of life. Viewers will identify with each and every character in the show; one might see their mother or sister in Sweety or Pinky, or their kids in one of the children in the show. We are confident that the audiences thoroughly enjoy this latest offering from us."

Premiering on Monday, November 21, 2011, 'Parvarrish … kuchh khatti kuchh meethi' will air from every Monday to Friday at 9:30 pm only on Sony Entertainment Television!!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Ashi1812joohi5ifyykupkakesMrsimisamZari_Khan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| *Parvarrish - Articles Archive [NC]* || (Page 2)" in Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 18 November 2011 at 11:15pm | IP Logged

New-age take on age-old parenting

FRIDAY, 18 NOVEMBER 2011 22:43 PIONEER HITS: 162 A television show is here to guide you through tough years of raising up kids. Its cast gets candid with E Malik 

Bored of the usual listings on the small screen and wish for something less far-fetched than three generations of a family all living happily ever after? Well, here is a much sought-after change in the line-up for your television listings. Come Monday and a new show, Parvarrish, is all set debut on Sony TV. It is a show with a definite air of being different. As the promos clearly show, it does not have an evil saas (mother-in-law) or a conniving nanad (sister-in-law). On the contrary, there are two sisters who compete with each other to be a better parent, with their own unique brand of parenting. Add to the mix kids who will charm you to your toes with their genuine innocence and life-like portrayal. The icing on the cake is the sheer nostalgia one will feel after seeing the show, for everyone must have gone through similar situations with their respective parents. Also highlighted are the various roles that parents have to adorn at times to justify their roles in their children's lives. 

Television veteran Shweta Tiwari plays Sweety, a very loud, domineering and controlling mother. A character which is unlike the ones she has played before. Shweta finds the character she plays reminiscent of her own mother. She says the experience came in handy, for she plays a strict mom on screen. "Parenting is something that's every woman has an innate sense of. We just adapt ourselves to it," she puts in. A mother in real life too, Shweta is not a strict controlling mother. She tries to maintain a balance between being cool and setting rules. But she is very excited to be back on the daily soap circuit after her hiatus from TV soaps.

Actor Vivek Mushran finds the experiences he has had with his friends and his brother who are parents very useful as he plays a funny yet strict father in the show. He is married to Shweta and has two kids. "Strict as much as one will allow. My character preempts the mistakes that a kid might make and we accordingly deal with it in a strict scolding fashion," he elaborates. And as for how he tackled parenting and the larger premise of the show "it's all about being human; the emotions are something you just relate to and act upon them. The spontaneity is the strength of the show."

Adding to the ensemble of actors is Rupali Ganguly who plays Pinky, a sweet and sensitive woman. Acting as a mother of three, she believes in being friends with her children and winning their approval. This often results in very comic situations. But personally, she believes "there are no set rules for parenting on the contrary. As a mother, you have to take one day at a time and just trust your motherly instincts." Rupali finds Parvarrish to be extra special as she finds shades of her own family reflected in it. The closeness with her father and the way her mother cares for her as she still lives with her parents. "This is a show which is very life-like and very relatable, we all have been through similar instances in our lives," she says.

The final piece of the collage is provided by Vishal Singh who plays Jeet, married very happily to Pinky (Rupali Ganguly). He is an assistant manager at a bank and is the calm dad who believes being friends with your kids is the only way to win their trust. The character is very sorted, very organised but also very protective. Vishal finds "parenting is a universal concept and everyone sort of just grows into it." As for the show, he finds it "very refreshing, very normal. Almost like a slice of life." 

He also sees glimpses of his own childhood, with similar experiences being used verbatim on the show. No wonder he is looking forward to Monday when the show begins. Also he feels this is hands-on training for real life, a readymade manual to follow for when he becomes a parent. Parenting, a tough job, even on the easiest of days. Now, we have a life-like recreation. With the laughter and the tears. Go along, watch it, and make sure to take notes!
http://www.dailypioneer.com/vivacity/21392-new-age-take-on-age-old-parenting.html

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Ashi1812joohi5ifyykupkakesMrsimisamZari_Khan

kameshreddy

Goldie

kameshreddy

Posted: 19 November 2011 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Parvarish is the tale of three generation of parents – each coming from a different school of thought, with different beliefs and different value systems. Khanna sa'ab (Papaji) is a proud man who is a firm believer in traditions and is always ready with a solution steeped in the richness of ideals and morals of his times - the golden generation as he calls it. His daughters - Pinky & Sweety, share a sisterly rivalry and feel the need to prove themselves as a better parent. Each has a different set of beliefs and a different take on how one needs to bring up children. Parvarish is not just about the varied roles that parents play in the journey of bringing up their children … it is about a different world altogether – a world filled with the pangs and the joys of being parents.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

philipkingjoohi5ifyykupkakesMrsimisamSamraat_92Zari_Khan

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 19 November 2011 at 12:11pm | IP Logged

portal on indian news

Shweta, Rupali in Kolkata for 'Parvarrish'

"Parvarrish ? Kuchh khatti kuchh meethi" revolves around the world of modern day parenting and various emotions attached to it.

In the story, Sweety Ahluwalia (played by Shweta Tiwari) and Pinky Ahuja (played by Rupali Ganguly ) are two sisters, who are caught up in a hearty sibling rivalry in their attempt to be a better parent. Both of them have a different outlook on how one needs to bring up their children.

Shweta, who gained popularity for her role as Prerna in the serial "Kasauti Zindagii Kay", will essay the role of a mother who is strict and dominating when it comes to her kids. She believes that kids must be kept in control and checked upon so that they do not go astray.

On the other hand, Rupali plays the role of a mother, who is soft and sensible. She feels that parents need to be friends of their kids; they should be comfortable in telling what happens in their lives.

Shweta, the first woman to win celebrity reality show Big Boss, said: "I am a strict mother in real life but not as strict as the role I essay in the serial."

When questioned about her upcoming films, she said: "My upcoming movies include 'Sultanat', 'Luki' and 'Married to America'."

Rupali said, "I am not married so I don't have kids. But this serial makes me feel like having children. Sony gave me Parvarrish, it made me mother."

Rupali said that she is dying to do a Bengali movie with Tollywood (Bengali film industry) star Prosenjit Chatterjee,

Vivek Mushran, Vishal Singh, Sparsh Khanchandani and Anchal Munjral play other important characters in the serial.

Speaking about the serial, Sneha Rajani, Senior EVP and Business Head, Sony Entertainment said: "Parvarrish is a show which deals with the issue paramount in our audience's life, which is about parenting and bringing up the children. We are very excited about this relatable emotion set in our times and we are very confident that it will have an instant connect with the viewers."

The new tele-serial, "Parvarrish ? Kuchh khatti kuchh meethi" will be aired on every Monday to Friday at 9.30 pm on Sony Entertainment Television from Nov 21.

(Reporting by Tania Roy; Photo by Sambaran Kumar Pal/IBNS)

http://www.indiablooms.com/BollywoodDetailsPage/2011/bollywoodDetails191111c.php

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

joohi5ifyykupkakesZari_Khan

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 4:45am | IP Logged
My daughter manages me: Shweta Tiwari
Mumbai: Actress Shweta Tiwary, who shot to fame with her role of Prerna in the television serial 'Kasautii Zindagii Kay', says her 11-year-old daughter manages her.

"She manages me. She makes me comfortable. She takes care of my schedule, I have no time to eat, sleep. She keeps me in order. Since I don't get to spend time with her, She comes down to the sets to meet me and be with me," Shweta told PTI.

Shweta won the season four of 'Bigg Boss' and recently did a cameo role in the film 'Bin Bulaye Baraati' and an item song in the movie 'Miley na Miley Hum'.

The actress feels happy that her daughter understands the demands of a working mother.

"My daughter is smart and she is more responsible since I am a working mother. She understands that her mummy can't be with her all the time. She never complains. She also understands that I am doing all this for her, for her future," she added.

Shweta, who will be seen playing a strict, control freak, dominating mother in Sony TV's upcoming show 'Parvarrish', says parenting is a very challenging task in the new age.

"Being a parent these days is not an easy task. It's much more challenging than how it used to be during the time of my parents. Children are exposed to so many vices these days, thanks to the internet."

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

joohi5ifyykupkakesMrsimisamZari_Khan

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 1:47am | IP Logged

Rupali Ganguly was a spoil brat?

Divya Pal, TNN | Nov 21, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Rupali Ganguly

Actor Rupali Ganguly, who was recently in the city, told us that she thinks she gave her parents a troubled parenthood! "It wouldn't be fair to call myself a spoilt brat.

I was like the Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. I would hit boys. When neighbours would complain to my mother, she would tell them, 'Arrey, meri beti toh ladkon ko maar rahi hai. Aap bhi apne bete ko marna sikhao'. I would put a wooden plank on skates and become Abdul of the movie "Shaan" and would ask my neighbours for money and they would look at me and say 'Kitna pyara bhikhari hai'."

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 1:48am | IP Logged

2 new shows starting tonight

TNN | Nov 21, 2011, 12.00AM IST
A still from 'Dekha Ek Khwaab'

After the success of "Kaun Banega Crorepati", Sony Entertainment Television is set to launch two shows tonight - " Dekha Ek Khwaab" and "Parvarrish".

"Dekha Ek Khwaab" is Monia's story, the lead protagonist, whose life transforms drastically. The show will feature Aroona Irani as Rajmata Mrinalini.

"Parvarrish", on the other hand, is a captivating story of closely knit families of two sisters, Sweety Ahluwalia and Pinky Ahuja, who are caught up in a healthy sibling rivalry in their attempt to be a better parent. Two popular TV faces, Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly play the roles of the sisters.

Watch "Dekha Ek Khwaab" and "Parvarrish" at 8.45 and 9.30pm respectively.

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 21 November 2011 at 7:36am | IP Logged

"I thought parenting was no rocket science"-Shweta Tiwari

Monday, November 21, 2011 | 6:26:48 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 7 Comments
"I thought parenting was no rocket science"-Shweta Tiwari

Shweta Tiwari speaks about her comeback on daily soap with her new show on Sony TV, Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi

She proved to be one of the top actresses in the industry after she portrayed the iconic character of Prerna in the hit show Kasutii Zindagi Kay. She proved her talent with Jaane Kya Baat Hui. But the actress disappeared from daily soaps soon after and showcased her talents in reality shows like Nach Baliye, Comedy Circus and Bigg Boss. 

After a hiatus Shweta Tiwari is back with a daily soap with Sony TV's Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi which hits the screens tonight.

On the outset of the launch, Shweta shared her journey in the industry and also about her show.

How would you describe your parenting skills?
When my daughter was very young, I thought that parenting was not a rocket science, but as my daughter is growing up I realize what exactly is parenting and actual Parvarish starts. Now I have to tell her 'ye kapde pehenke tum khelne jaaogi? What is all that stuff you're wearing? Now I remember how my mother used to question me on my dress when I used to go to college. I used to get so irritated and nowadays I think that suddenly I am behaving like my mother. I want her to be more careful on her dressing even when at home as there are a lot of workers who come by. And being a single mother I am more concerned about how people see her.

You are an actress and to an extent your child learns from what you do...
Yes, I know that. But I cannot help when it is a shoot because on shoot you have to wear what you are asked to wear. But when I am at home I am more careful. I had the habit of leaving things here and there. And recently I saw my daughter doing the same thing. I realized then that had I not done this earlier, she would have not learnt that from me. Today I am changing that habit of mine so that I could tell her as well.

Which is the biggest complaint that your mother had about you?
The biggest complaint that my mom had was that I was really adamant and if I wanted something I needed to get that done. Also she had a complaint that I concentrated more on dancing and art rather than studying.

Do you discuss the show with your daughter?
No, not at all and she is not much into television. She is mostly busy with her iPod, music, painting and other extracurricular activities. Recently she came up to me and asked whether any of my promos are coming on the channel because her friends' mothers had told her it seems.

Who are her best friends at school?
She has two friends named Biyanka and Sidhi and they make a group of three. They fight and play together.

How much is she interested in your professional life?
Frankly speaking, she does not have any interest in what I am doing and she is all the more happy when I do not go for shoots.

Do you think that the show is portraying the same situation like your house?
Not at all because I do not have any tension about my home because my mother looks after that and I do not have to take care of how much dal is left and what my daughter needs etc. Everything is taken care by my mother.

How are your onscreen children?
Actually we haven't shot much together, but so far I felt that the children are really sweet. We play Uno together during long hours of shoot. If there has to be fights, then it will happen in the future. This is too early (laughs).

You are doing a daily soap after a long gap. Was it intentional?
Jaane Kya Baat Hui was my last daily soap. It was not that I did not want to return to daily soaps, but there was no right show that approached me.  All the offers that came to me had the characters that were interesting in the beginning, but then later on I realized that it will have nothing new to contribute. When Parvarish came to me, I got to know that the show was going to be on parenting and there will be kids. But then when I was given the draft with two episodes, I was so taken aback with the character of Sweety that I wanted to do it immediately. She is so hilarious that she goes on talking even if somebody else doesn't care. I have never done a character like this. There is no heavy make-up used in the show. Yes, there is no tension of eye liner, no hair dresser, there is no goddy jewellery. It is so nice portraying a character like this and on the sets also its lots of fun.

You are excelling in comedy as well...
Frankly speaking, initially when I started doing comedy I got good marks but later went down. I realized that the good marks were because of my partners. So I took it up as a challenge because I wanted the judges to appreciate me for my talent. And finally I did well and now Optimystix keeps calling me and I keep doing the show (laughs). At the same time it is very tough to do comedy because the timing is very crucial.

Do you find it difficult getting the accent?
It is a little difficult and I used to watch YouTube videos of Chillar Party to see how that Punjabi mom used to behave.

You have been a part of Bigg Boss, did you follow the show this season?
To be honest I did not follow, the first, second or even the third season. In the first season I did not know what to see because there used to be a story in each show; people talk this and that. When the show came to me, I looked at the prize money which was handsome, so I took it (laughs).

You started off with Kasautii Zindagi Kay. How do you think the daily soaps have changed over the years?
I feel that women have always been the prominent ones in daily soaps. This may be because women are the main audience or it might also be because people still think that women are weak at heart and this might be the reason they make women the protagonists.  The presentation of daily soaps have changed wherein we earlier had heavy jewellery and other stuff which has now changed into a more natural look. But as far as stories are concerned I guess since people have the same problems, they will remain the same. 

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Saranya Valsarajan

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

joohi5ifyyMrsimisamZari_Khan

Post Reply New Post

Go to top