Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

|| *Parvarrish - Articles Archive [NC]* || (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 19

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 31 October 2012 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Kamya Punjabi joins the team of Sony TV's Parvarrish!
Kamya Punjabi joins the team of Sony TV's Parvarrish!

10 hours ago
Sony TV's Parvarrish — Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi has got in a new angle to parenting with a new mommy hitting the block played by Kamya Punjabi.

Playing the new age mother Mandira, Kamya joined the existing cast of Sweety Ahluwalia (Shweta Tiwari) and Pinky Ahuja ( Rupali Ganguly). Kamya plays the mother to a friend of Rocky (Sweety's son) and has a completely different approach to parenting. 

As seen Sweety is a control freak, strict and dominating mother, Mandira on the other lets her son be and believes in giving him space. Talking of her role, Kamya says, "I play a modern mother, who has stayed abroad for many years. So, I'm a little modern when it comes to parenting. Though I am not convinced by Sweety's parenting style, I wouldn't want to judge other mothers as everybody has a reason to behave in a particular manner. But on my part, I would advise Sweety to stop being a control freak." 

In real life, Kamya, who is the mother of three-year-old Aara, feels she's more like Sweety when it comes to her daughter. "I keep wondering about her future, though she is only three now. There was a sequence where Sweety accompanies her daughter to her school's annual day function. I think I too would do the same. I feel a good mother is a mix of being stern and friendly," she said. 

Let's how far Kamya's reel life parenting affects Sweety and Pinky!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

100prabhZari_Khan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| *Parvarrish - Articles Archive [NC]* || (Page 13)" in Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 3:28am | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

joohi5ifyy100prabhZari_Khan

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 5:39am | IP Logged

Child artists celebrated Diwali with school kids

Friday, November 16, 2012 | 5:30:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 0 Comments
Child artists celebrated Diwali with school kids

Child artists of popular TV shows "Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi" and "Kyaa Hua Tera" celebrated Diwali and Children's day with the students of a Teach for India (TFI)-managed school.

parvarrish - kuchh khattee kuchh meethi

Child artists of popular TV shows "Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi" and "Kyaa Hua Tera" celebrated Diwali and Children's day with the students of a Teach for India (TFI)-managed school.

The insitute, Pahadi Municipal School, is situated in Goregaon East area here.

The prime focus of the activity was to imbibe a sense of companionship amongst the child actors and standard four students of the school.

"The students were eagerly awaiting their Diwali party and even prepared and performed a skit for the actors," said a source.

The actors appreciated and praised the efforts of the school children.

"The afternoon witnessed the children playing interactive games with great enthusiasm. The artists distributed snack boxes, diaries, pens and gifts," added the source.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13323-child-artists-celebrated-diwali-with-school-kids.htm

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 20 November 2012 at 10:44am | IP Logged

Sparsh pledges to create awareness about noise free festive seasons

Monday, November 19, 2012 | 3:50:28 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 15 Comments
Sparsh pledges to create awareness about noise free festive seasons

Sparsh aka Rashi of Parrvarrish is fighting against a curse and supports an eco-friendly festival celebration…

Festivals are meant to spread the spirit of joy and togetherness and bring much required rest and peace to the otherwise hectic schedules of people.However, the scenario is somewhat changing today and unfortunately not in the right direction. Similar is the story with the chirpy Rashi aka Sparsh Khanchandani of Sony TV'sParvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi.

The little girl is undergoing a lot of stress and sleepless nights because of the ongoing festive celebrations. Tellybuzz tried to find out more about the reason behind this through Sparsh's mom.

When contacted Sarita Khanchandani (Sparsh's mom), she told Tellybuzz, "Some residents of our building burst crackers and play loud music on the loudspeakers till 2 am everyday. This noise doesn't let us sleep. The residents enjoy in the night and sleep until late hours in the morning nevertheless Sparsh has to report to school at 6.50 in the morning. These sleepless nights have resulted into constant headaches, sleepiness during school hours."

Adding further she asserts, "No one is allowed to play loud music or burst crackers after 10 pm. However it is okay to do so until 11-12 in the night. But stretching it up until 2 am is a bit too much. We are suffering from this problem since the last one year and no one including the police is taking any action against this matter. To add insult to injury, Sparsh's dad was assaulted in front of the police which shattered her.  Her dad is an advocate and he is fighting for a good cause and if he is being assaulted in the front of the police, then what can be worst ?"

"Sparsh is scared about the re-occurrence of the incident.  According to 2005 order by Supreme Court, if someone, complains about noise pollution then the police must lodge an FIR but we are running to the police station since the past one year, but no one is taking it seriously because nobody has ever raised their voice against this issue, and whoever has done so,  have been crushed. Sparsh is now is at her Grandma's place but she still repeatedly texts us  at 2:30 am to check if we are okay or not", says Mrs. Khanchandani. 

Talking about Sparsh's initiative, she said, "Sparsh has taken a pledge that she will never burst crackers as she did this time around. She wants to create awareness about noise pollution during the festive season. In fact Aawaz Foundation, an NGO and Advocates association is supporting us with this cause."

"I want to ask everyone a question, that don't we have a right to sleep in our own house before 1-2 am?", concludes Sparsh's mom. 

So, folks our Sparsh is fighting for a good cause at this little age, do you all support her?

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13344-sparsh-pledges-to-create-awareness-about-noise-free-festive-seas.htm

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 20 November 2012 at 10:47am | IP Logged

Women characters on TV who are moping over lost love

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 | 8:20:00 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 37 Comments
Women characters on TV who are moping over lost love

There was a time when on Indian TV women were expected to go back to the husband who wronged her. However nowadays we do see women characters moving on with their lives after lost love but not completely..

In Bigg Boss Season 6 we see a very dignified Delnaaz Irani telling her former husband Rajev Paul who is desperately trying to win her back that it's all over. Delnaz is in fact well-liked by both the inmates Bigg Boss house and also the viewers to the extent that she is one of the likely candidates to win the game. In reality many viewers are appreciating a woman moving on instead of moping on lost love. So why do we in our serials often find it 'romantic' when we see a woman pining over lost love?

In the yesteryears on TV we would see the 'pious' wife fasting for the unfaithful husband who was in the company of 'the other woman'. He would forget anniversaries and Karva Chauth only to return home late at night and mistreat his wife. The wife was expected to tolerate the abuse and go on forgiving the infidel husband.

However over the years things have become far less regressive on TV. In 2008, it was refreshing when we watched the promo of Jaane Kya Baat Hui on Colors in which the protagonist Aradhana (essayed by Sweta Tiwari) indignantly said that society surely has double standards for letting off men lightly for the same offence for which they will harshly reprimand women. She was referring to infidelity in this case. The serial concluded with the unfaithful husband reforming himself and both being a happily married couple again. Though this ending went down well with viewers who are conditioned to prefer marriages finally working out; there were viewers who felt that in real life often the husband doesn't reform unlike what is depicted in shows.

In 2012, in Balika Vadhu on Colors we see Anandi all ready to marry Shiv whom she loves and respects. The writer Purnendu Shekhar however agrees that deep down she still has a soft corner for her former husband Jagya. He explains, "It is not easy for a traditional Indian woman to forget her first love, especially her childhood love." He however stands by the fact that what Jagya has done was very wrong. It has been a refreshing change to see Anandi with all her rationality choosing Shiv over Jagya. Siddharth Shukla who plays Shiv says, "A man shouldn't take a woman for granted as that's not the correct way of treating her. Anandi has realized her self-worth and will let no man walk over her self-respect." It's a very positive sign that the majority of india-forums.com viewers want to see Shiv and Anandi's story instead of Anandi and Jagya's story.

In Qubool Hai on Zee TV Dilshad essayed by Shalini Kapoor Sagar still has feelings for her former husband Rashid Ahmed Khan essayed by Vaquar Shaikh. It is but natural for a wife who after all shares two children with her former husband not to completely forget the father of her kids. It was indeed a somber moment when Dilshad mournfully tells her son Asad (essayed byKaran Singh Grover) that she is upset as she still doesn't know because of what 'mistake' her husband left her even after all these years.  Nevertheless she keeps a dignified distance from her husband. Shalini explains, "She is very dignified lady, she takes the fact that her husband had left her with a pinch of salt. She has brought up her kids single-handedly really well. She wishes to maintain her self esteem and silence. There is a lot of resentment and pain in her."

It's a very progressive sign that on Indian television shows on remarriage are gaining popularity. Aakanksha Singh who plays Megha on Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha on Colorssays, "It was initially difficult for Megha to move on after her dear husband Amar's death. Though she was realizing that she loved Mohan in fact as much as he loved her, she was in denial mode for a while." The happily married Megha and Mohan are now a favourite onscreen couple not only on india-forums.com but also in India.

In Kya Huaa Tera Vaada on Sony TV, the protagonist Mona (played by Mona Jaswir Singh) is engaged to Vinit (essayed by Darshan Pandya) yet having some feelings for her former husband Pradeep Singh (essayed by Pawan Shankar). Vinit however refuses to accept this leading to a distance brewing in their relationship. He doesn't even like it when Mona calls her former husband to discuss essential matters regarding their kids. Pawan Shankar explains, "In the Indian scenario women like Mona are the pillars of the family institution and so it is difficult to forget the bond."  Will Mona finally go back to the same husband who had left her for another woman? Pawan replies, "The producer of the show can answer better. I doubt."

In Bade Acche Laggte Hai on Sony TV Ram Kapoor (essayed by Ram Kapoor) and Priya (essayed by Saakshi Tanwar) are still deeply in love. Yet Ram refuses to admit it as is often brusque with her. The green monster in him is also instigated when Priya uses her maiden name Priya Sharma and is in the company of Rajat Kapoor. Priya however still isn't taking her relationship forward with Rajat as she prefers doing Karva Chauth for Ram. Priya's mother-in-law Krsihnaji also encouraged Priya to maintain a fast when Ram is yet to verbally express that he accepts her as his lawfully wedded wife. Samir Kochhar who plays Rajat on the show explains, "There is still an attachment between Ram and Priya which is why she kept the fast."

The most refreshing deviation from this on contemporary Indian TV is perhaps Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?Sriti Jha who plays Sia/ Jahnavi told us, "Jahnavi finally walked out of an abusive marriage. When a husband has the habit of beating his wife regularly, this behavior pattern can't really be changed. It's important for the wife to walk out on him- that is exactly what we achieved on our show. This makes our show different from the rest as in other shows the wife often stays on in a marriage like this. When Jahnavi walked out of the marriage she got a new name Sia with which she also got a new identity. She also married Raghav. Even when Viraj (her former abusive husband) injected her with poison saying that he would give her the antidote only if she said that he loved her; she refused to do so and said that she loved Raghav and hated him."

In marriage vows you promise to love and honour your spouse till death do part. We conclude here that women on Indian TV should surely abide by this but only if their husbands also treat them with love and honour. If the husband treats the wife with cruelty and disrespect; it is no sin to walk out and get herself a partner she truly deserves. However if there has been mutual love and respect in the marriage like it had been in Sia and Raghav's marriage, it's romantic to be in love like Sia till you take your last breath.

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya and Krishma Solanki

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/creative-cocktail/13357-women-characters-on-tv-who-are-moping-over-lost-love.htm

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 4:20am | IP Logged

Cameos don't affect actor's identity: Saurabh Goyal

Thursday, November 22, 2012 | 11:30:05 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 9 Comments
Cameos don't affect actor's identity: Saurabh Goyal

Television actor Saurabh Goyal, who is set for a cameo in "Parvarrish: Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi", doesn't think such appearances hamper the identity of an actor in any way.

parvarrish - kuchh khattee kuchh meethi

Television actor Saurabh Goyal, who is set for a cameo in "Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi", doesn't think such appearances hamper the identity of an actor in any way.

"Personally, I don't think a cameo role takes a toll on the identity of an actor in any way. I have come to Bombay to work and as long as the work is good, I don't mind it. I don't think it creates an image that you can't get big roles," he told IANS.

"Parvarrish...", aired on Sony, revolves around two families and the challenges they face while raising their children. It features Shweta TiwariRupali GangulyVivek Mushran and VishalSingh">Vishal Singh in prominent roles.

Talking about his role in the show, Saurabh said, "The role is of a classical music teacher.Rupali Ganguly, who plays the mother in the show, realises that she can't sing well and has enough free time, so she decides to learn classical singing. And I play her teacher," he said.

The 26-year-old actor has been trained under Barry John Acting Studio and has been a part of 15 short films, three TVCs and an independent film, which is under production at the moment.

A qualified engineer, Saurabh found the acting bug compelled him to give up his well-off corporate job and pursue his passion.

"While doing engineering, I was interested in acting. I used to take out time for theatre rehearsals. I did theatre during the last two years of my engineering. I got placed in Infosys, but I chose my passion and I got involved in acting," he said.

Saurabh feels television is a medium, which helps him get the right feedback as an actor.

"I think for an actor, TV is the fastest medium to reach the masses. So I can reach the masses through the shows, and show them how I can do things differently. It also provides good feedback. I know how the audience will react to me, so it provides a good learning experience," he said.

As of now, the actor says has some projects in the pipeline but cannot reveal about it as nothing is confirmed yet.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13364-cameos-dont-affect-actor-identity-saurabh-goyal.htm

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 1:12pm | IP Logged

Shweta gets a modern makeover in 'Parvarrish'

IANS | Nov 28, 2012, 05.19 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Shweta gets a modern makeover in 'Parvarrish'
Shweta Tiwari

Television actress Shweta Tiwari aka Sweety ofSony TV's " Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi" will undergo a makeover in the show. Away from the typical salwar-kameez clad look, she will now be seen in western clothes.

The show revolves around parents' efforts to give children the right upbringing.

Shweta has so far been shown as a strict mother wearing only Indian attires. But of late, a new entry on the show, Mandira, played by actressKamya Punjabi, is being seen as a modern-day woman - a lady who leaves Shweta's onscreen husband Lucky and son Rocky impressed.

Shweta said she had to work on her makeover.

"I had to spend a lot of time in curling my hair and the picking up accessories for my new look in the show. It is not like I don't wear this kind of dresses in my daily life, but I hope I get to go back to the earlier look soon," Shweta said in a statement.

It will be interesting to see if Shweta's new look will change her attributes of a strict and nasty mother.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Shweta-gets-a-modern-makeover-in-Parvarrish/articleshow/17402454.cms

Samraat_92

IF-Stunnerz

Samraat_92

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged

Does Yudi of Parvarrish meet with a fatal accident?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 | 12:10:17 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 2 Comments
Does Yudi of Parvarrish meet with a fatal accident?

Tonight's episode of Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi onSony TV will educate the youth on the perils of drunk driving

All parents are in a fix when their children go through the troublesome years of teenage.  Adolescent rebellion is expressed in multifarious ways. Minor teenagers often want to think of themselves as adults when in reality they are in between childhood and adulthood. A common problem faced in many households is that the teenagers feel a magnetic attraction to rave parties involving drinking.

Alcohol however may be detrimental if not taken in moderation. Inebriation at a rave party may be perilous. Last night on Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi on Sony TV, you had seen Rocky and Yudi getting drunk and performing a stunt oblivious of the reasons behind it. 

Tonight when a terrified Rocky is all about to step on the bamboo to execute his dare, he hears the voice of Sweety beckoning him. She comes to the party in a timely manner to stop her son from doing the stunt. An apologetic Rocky hugs his dear mother.

Sweety asks Rocky's friend Yudi to leave the party with them but he stubbornly refuses. The police storm in announcing that it is an illegal party. A drunk Yudi leaves the party in his car. Sweety and Rocky follow him and they suddenly hear a piercing scream from his car. Does Yudi meet with a fatal accident? All this will be unraveled on tonight's episode of Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi.

Tapasvi Mehta who plays Rocky has this message for the youth of today, "Drinking is just not worth it. It's good to enjoy at a party but please don't get high. It's harmful to both yourself and others."

Param Singh who plays Yudi added, "If you want to drink please make sure to drink in limits. Please don't make drinking a habit or addiction. Please don't drive while you are drunk."

I hope that the youth are carefully listening to this. Also parents need to be firm yet loving while disciplining their teenage children.

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13538-does-yudi-of-parvarrish-meet-with-a-fatal-accident.htm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

joohi5ifyy100prabhAurna_STZari_Khan

Post Reply New Post

Go to top