Shweta gets a modern makeover in 'Parvarrish'

IANS | Nov 28, 2012, 05.19 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Shweta gets a modern makeover in 'Parvarrish'
Shweta Tiwari

Television actress Shweta Tiwari aka Sweety ofSony TV's " Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi" will undergo a makeover in the show. Away from the typical salwar-kameez clad look, she will now be seen in western clothes.

The show revolves around parents' efforts to give children the right upbringing.

Shweta has so far been shown as a strict mother wearing only Indian attires. But of late, a new entry on the show, Mandira, played by actressKamya Punjabi, is being seen as a modern-day woman - a lady who leaves Shweta's onscreen husband Lucky and son Rocky impressed.

Shweta said she had to work on her makeover.

"I had to spend a lot of time in curling my hair and the picking up accessories for my new look in the show. It is not like I don't wear this kind of dresses in my daily life, but I hope I get to go back to the earlier look soon," Shweta said in a statement.

It will be interesting to see if Shweta's new look will change her attributes of a strict and nasty mother.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Shweta-gets-a-modern-makeover-in-Parvarrish/articleshow/17402454.cms

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Does Yudi of Parvarrish meet with a fatal accident?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 | 12:10:17 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    2 Comments
Does Yudi of Parvarrish meet with a fatal accident?

Tonight's episode of Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi onSony TV will educate the youth on the perils of drunk driving

All parents are in a fix when their children go through the troublesome years of teenage.  Adolescent rebellion is expressed in multifarious ways. Minor teenagers often want to think of themselves as adults when in reality they are in between childhood and adulthood. A common problem faced in many households is that the teenagers feel a magnetic attraction to rave parties involving drinking.

Alcohol however may be detrimental if not taken in moderation. Inebriation at a rave party may be perilous. Last night on Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi on Sony TV, you had seen Rocky and Yudi getting drunk and performing a stunt oblivious of the reasons behind it. 

Tonight when a terrified Rocky is all about to step on the bamboo to execute his dare, he hears the voice of Sweety beckoning him. She comes to the party in a timely manner to stop her son from doing the stunt. An apologetic Rocky hugs his dear mother.

Sweety asks Rocky's friend Yudi to leave the party with them but he stubbornly refuses. The police storm in announcing that it is an illegal party. A drunk Yudi leaves the party in his car. Sweety and Rocky follow him and they suddenly hear a piercing scream from his car. Does Yudi meet with a fatal accident? All this will be unraveled on tonight's episode of Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi.

Tapasvi Mehta who plays Rocky has this message for the youth of today, "Drinking is just not worth it. It's good to enjoy at a party but please don't get high. It's harmful to both yourself and others."

Param Singh who plays Yudi added, "If you want to drink please make sure to drink in limits. Please don't make drinking a habit or addiction. Please don't drive while you are drunk."

I hope that the youth are carefully listening to this. Also parents need to be firm yet loving while disciplining their teenage children.

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13538-does-yudi-of-parvarrish-meet-with-a-fatal-accident.htm

Faraan92 thumbnail
It's celebration time for Ahuja family

The Ahujas have more than one reason to be in a celebratory mood. To begin with, Pinky has made everyone proud with her incredible performance in a singing competition. Secondly, Jeet bags a promotion and gets transferred to Singapore. 

So, on New Year's Eve, the Ahuja family gathers at the Ahluwalia residence to ring in 2013. At the dinner table, Jeet shares his joy and breaks the news - that he can take his family along with him. The family is obviously delighted to hear the news. Even as congratulations are pouring in for Jeet, he gets a call from his boss that upsets him. 

What did the boss say? Will Jeet be able to overcome the problem and enjoy his New Year? Catch this episode of Parvarrish Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi today at 9.30 pm on Sony Entertainment Television.

Faraan92 thumbnail

No resolution for 2013, says Shweta Tiwari

TNN | Jan 1, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
No resolution for 2013, says Shweta Tiwari

On the first day of the year, television celebrities talk about their new year resolutions.

Rupali Ganguly: I want to learn singing
I never go out anywhere on the day. Just love to spent time with my parents.
New Year resolution: Just now I have shot for the singing sequence in the show and now I realized that I too can sing. So for this year I want to continue my singing riyaaz and want to learn more.

Shweta Tiwari: 'No Resolution' for 2013
This year I am bit busy. I am performing for New Year shows at different cities. New Year resolution- My resolution is 'No Resolution' for 2013.

Vishal Singh: I'll focus on my health
To celebrate 2013, I am going to Alibaug at my friends place.
New Year resolution: As usual this time too I'll focus on my health and for that I am going to exercise regularly and will eat healthy.

Faraan92 thumbnail

Pinky vows to fight daughter's kidnapper

TNN | Jan 21, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Pinky vows to fight daughter's kidnapper
A still from Parvarrish — Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi
Telly show 'Parvarrish — Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi' will highlight the rising number of crimes against women in the country. In most cases, the victim ends up paying a heavy price for raising her voice against the injustice. 

Pinky Ahuja (RupaliGanguly) finds herself in a similar situation. All hell breaks loose when her daughter Raavi (AnchalMunjal) gets kidnapped. She had scolded the watchman of her building for laxity after a thief enters her house. The humiliated watchman vows to seek revenge and kidnaps Raavi.
A distraught pinky decides to take charge of the situation; get her daughter back and nab the culprit. Says Anchal, "What I have learnt from thiskidnapping sequence is, there has to be a man in every home. Otherwise, the women have to be strong enough to fight against injustice. We should not keep mum. Such criminals should be behind the bars."
Will Raavi be safe in the custody of kidnappers? Will Pinky be able to save her daughter?Parvarrish — Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi airs tonight at 9.30 pm on Sony EntertainmentTelevision.

Faraan92 thumbnail

In real life, I'd like to be a dad like Jeet: Vishal Singh

IANS | Jan 21, 2013, 07.42 PM IST
inShare
More
A
A
In real life, I'd like to be a dad like Jeet: Vishal Singh
Vishal Singh
Television actor Vishal Singh aka Jeet Ahuja of "Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi", a show about parents-children relationship, connects with his character in the show and would like to be the same kind of parent in real life.

Best remembered for his role in Dekh Bhai Dekh", the actor who is still single, said: "When I will become a father, I will be exactly the way I play my character Jeet in the show. My friends, who are fathers also can relate to him."

He says he enjoyed a very friendly bonding with his own father.

"My father was exactly like the character I play in 'Parvarrish'," said Vishal who is seen as an open-minded and understanding father to his three children in the show.

"My father was of the mindset that children should be always encouraged to take their own decisions. When I was a child, I was never bogged down by my parents. They always left it up to me to take the final call. My parents were like friends to me," the 38-year-old told IANS.

Appreciating the younger generation parents, he said that they are like friends to their children and added: "The new generation understands things much better. It is good."

Vishal plays actress Rupali Ganguly's husband in the show that shows how they struggle to understand their children's dreams and desire and try to give them the right upbringing.

Talking about the kind of equation he shares with the kids on the sets, he said: "Me and other co-stars gel very well and it is not during the show, but on the sets also it is the same.

"The kids come to me discuss their problems. I advise them and help them with all the issues. The kids look up to to all as their mentors. It is very sweet," he said.

Faraan92 thumbnail

Ashamed of corrupt government: Rupali Ganguly

TNN Jan 26, 2013, 03.28PM IST
(Rupali Ganguly )

On Republic Day, television celebrities express their views.

Rupali Gangully (Pinky of Parvarish - Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi)
I am very proud to be an Indian but unfortunately I feel ashamed that I am ruled today by a government which is corruption and scam ridden, which fails to protect women and children, which fails to prevent female infanticide and feticide. I am ashamed today I cannot hold my head high and celebrate the nation so rich in culture, heritage, history, diversity. A great nation built with great sacrifices of leaders like Bose, Patel, Tilak, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru etc... Weren't we better under the British rule? There is only caste and religion politics today. Divide and rule was then, divide and rule is now... But money laundering and selfishness and lack of leadership is only today.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-01-26/tv/36563434_1_indian-citizens-proud-citizen-constitutional-rights

Faraan92 thumbnail

Rupali Ganguly ties the knot!

By Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Feb 6, 2013, 12.19 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Rupali Ganguly ties the knot!
Rupali Ganguly

RELATED

In what is like a surprise of sorts, Rupali Ganguly, who plays Pinky in the popular serialParvarish: Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi is all set to tie the knot today with her long time boyfriendAshwin Verma.

An NRI, Ashwin is into making adfilms and corporate films. The marriage will be a family affair. According to buzz, Rupali has taken an off from shooting today.

Very few people on the sets know about this marriage, however, her co-stars, including Shweta Tiwary and selected friends, are expected to attend a low-profile reception in the evening in Versova.

When we contacted Rupali to confirm the same, she said, "I am surrounded by 20 people now. Call me after 1 pm, I can talk then." "Rupali is being very eccentric about the wedding. Yes, I will go to her reception in the evening. I haven't met Ashwin yet. The other actors from Parvarish have met him at Rajesh Puri's dinner party once.

However, I have spoken to him on the phone and congratulated him," said Vishal Singh, Rupali's on-screen husband. Yesterday, a lot of her friends from the industry attended her mehendi and put it up pn their BBM status. We wish the newly-weds a happy married life.

Faraan92 thumbnail

Rupali Ganguly to get married Thursday

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 | 3:48:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    2 Comments
Rupali Ganguly to get married Thursday

TV actress Rupali Ganguly, who keeps her personal life away from the prying eyes of media, surprised everyone with her marriage news. She is tying the knot with businessman Ashvin Verma here Thursday.

TV actress Rupali Ganguly, who keeps her personal life away from the prying eyes of media, surprised everyone with her marriage news. She is tying the knot with businessman Ashvin Verma here Thursday.

"It is a very low key affair. The mehndi ceremony took place Tuesday night. Rupali is having a court marriage with businessman Ashvin Verma," a source told IANS.

The actress, currently seen as Pinky in "Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi", has not been coming to the sets for shooting, added the source.

IANS tried to get in touch with the actress, but she was not available to confirm the news.

Rupali is known for playing Dr. Simran Chopra in "Sanjivani" and Monisha Sarabhai in "Sarabhai VS Sarabhai". She also participated in the first season of reality show "Bigg Boss" in 2006 and in 2009, showed her dare devilry in "Fear Factor Khatron Ke Khiladi Level 2".

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13899-rupali-ganguly-to-get-married-thursday.htm

Faraan92 thumbnail

Aman Verma to enter Parvarrish

By Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Feb 10, 2013, 11.16 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Aman Verma to enter Parvarrish
Aman Verma
Aman Verma who was recently seen showing his culinary skills in Welcome Baazi- Mehmaan Nawazi is all set to enter DJ's Parvarrish aired on Sony TV.

Sources inform that the show will soon see a courtroom drama wherein Raavi ( Aanchal Munjal) and her family will fight a case against her kidnappers. Aman Verma will defend Raavi in the court and will fight her case. It is a cameo role and will be for two to three episodes.