Manasi mistaken for a Gateway beggar!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sheetald

IF-Rockerz

sheetald

Posted: 08 February 2006 at 10:13am | IP Logged

Manasi Varma in her beggar avatar
The otherwise glamorous Manasi Varma (the former Monalika of Star Plus's Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, and Tejali of Sony's CID - Special Bureau), was mistaken for a beggar at Gateway of India, when she was shooting there for CID Special Bureau last week.

Perfect disguise

Varma was shooting with Anoop Soni, Sushmita Daan and Amita Chandekar. All four actors were in disguise. "We were closing in on a suspect," Manasi told hitList.

"I was disguised as a beggar my make-up was fantastic, and I had on a white wig, and a cotton sari. I think I looked at least 55. Also, I had a lot of dirt and dust on my body. Anoop, Amita and Sushmita were pulling my leg, saying I should stand away from them, as I looked and smelt yucky!"

Too good an act

Continues the actress, "When the director said 'action!' and I started begging for alms, crew members came and dropped coins into my katora. Suddenly, a guy appeared from nowhere and dropped a few coins. I didn't know he was not from the crew, but suddenly, I heard my director letting out a volley of abuses.

He was furious at the man, who did not understand ki shooting chal rahi thi. After that, my torture worsened, as Anoop, Amita and Sushmita started pulling my leg even more," laughs Varma.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Manasi mistaken for a Gateway beggar!" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Shakstar

IF-Rockerz

Shakstar

Posted: 08 February 2006 at 10:45am | IP Logged

awwww... poor Manasi EmbarrassedTongue

lolzzz!! i was thinkin da same kinda thing (did any1 really think of her as a real begger).... and sum1 did think of her as a real begger!! LOL 

Edited by Shakstar - 08 February 2006 at 10:46am

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 08 February 2006 at 11:26am | IP Logged
I knew she looked too good . If you had just tuned in at that point u would not have knoen that was Manasi. Good job

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
coool...thanks for the article..looks like everyone had a fun time shooting

Anastacia

IF-Veteran Member

Anastacia

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Ya, she did look like an actual beggar.

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
LOL LOL now that must be so good to watch.

shaks!! are you heartbroken or happy?

Shakstar

IF-Rockerz

Shakstar

Posted: 11 February 2006 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
both!! Confused LOL

heartbroken coz i wasnt the person that got to give money to her

and

happy coz she done very good actin!

aha! i got past that question... Tongue

i bet u wanted me 2 say-

heartbroken coz she looked like a begger Tongue