Harry Potters new look

DeepAnBH thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Harry Potter is growing up, and things are getting scarier for the boy wizard. 

The new cover of the latest J K Rowling novel, which is to hit bookstores on July 13, has just been released. And it looks darker than before!

The cover of Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince shows the 'boy who lived' with his Hogwarts mentor Albus Dumbledore surrounded by swirling fire.

Another cover variant shows the two looking into a basin emitting a green glow -- trying to see the future? Or is it the 'pensieve,' where wizards store thoughts?

The young lad looks older and more mature. The word 'dashing' almost flits to mind.

'For the cover of Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, the mood of the art is truly eerie,' Zap2it.com quoted artist Mary GrandPre, creator of the artwork for the Harry Potter series, as saying.

'I wanted the colours to be strong and I chose upward lighting and dramatic shadows to convey a kind of surreal place and time,' she added.

'Individually, each jacket is like a concentrated visual taste of the book inside, and collectively they form a portrait gallery of a boy growing up very much in the public eye,' said Arthur Levine, editor of the Harry Potter books.

The upcoming book is the sixth in the series.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KK_lassi thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the information Deepanbah! This cover looks much darker, and it must be so........... for voldermort is becoming more powerful. Those swiwles of fire are coming for dumbleodre's wand, this may be some important part in the book. Lets see.
PixieDust91 thumbnail

thanx 4 sharing DeepAnBH. Do you know where I could find the cover for the US book?

meghavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: KK_lassi

Thanks for sharing the information Deepanbah! This cover looks much darker, and it must be so........... for voldermort is becoming more powerful. Those swiwles of fire are coming for dumbleodre's wand, this may be some important part in the book. Lets see.

Half Blood Prince should be very interesting.  Agree with you Lassie, the cover does look much darker.  Thanks for the info Deepanbah!!!

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: PixieDust91

thanx 4 sharing DeepAnBH. Do you know where I could find the cover for the US book?

sure it looks like this

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hey ! tani the cover can't be seen
DeepAnBH thumbnail

Tani cant see the pic

Pixie I dont abt the US cover

Monaji thumbnail

same here.. even I could not see the cover

I'm badly waiting for the 6th book to release

Edited by Monaji - 19 years ago
PixieDust91 thumbnail
cant see it either...i agree with Monaji. I can't wait either. I ordered my book off Amazon.com. Rowling said sum1's gonna die in it. I don't want it to be Remus!
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

sorry guys must be something wrong with the first  pic ,here's another one this is the U.S Version

Edited by Tani91 - 19 years ago