India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

TD inspired from the Ramayana???

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 2:38am | IP Logged

Parallels of Tumhari Disha to the Ramayana!

With no intentions of blasphemy or hurting anyone's religious sensibilities, I am writing down this post! Has anyone noticed the way the story of TD is moving…..can you recollect some kind of a similarity with one of the most famous and revered Hindu Epics….the Ramayan. (For those who have not read or heard of the holy script, I have done a rough summary below)

My take on this-

Sumitra was the eldest queen of King Dashrath and their son was Lord Ram. Kaikeyi was the second queen of King Dashrath and their son was Bharat. Kaikeyi in a fit of mad jealousy and blind love for her son, plots against Ram and his wife Sita and manipulates Dashrath into sending them for 14 years of exile, so that Bharat can be crowned the King…..Bharat, who is devoted to his Brother and Sister-in-law avenges his brother's ouster by refusing to accept the Kingdom of Ayodhyay & cutting all ties with his Mother and waits for Ram and Sita to come back…….Meanwhile Sita gets separated from Ram during the exile period (that is another story altogether)

Now my Comparision (Character wise)

Sumitra Sehgal – Queen Sumitra

Dhurv Sehgal – King Dashrath

Gargi Sehgal – Queen Kaikeyi

Dushyant Sehgal – Lord Ram (forgive me God for such a comparison, but as you know this is just hypothetical!)

Disha Sehgal – Queen Sita (I repeat my apologies to God)

Vedant Sehgal - Prince Bharat

Kanaka Empire – Kingdom of Ayodhyay

A very rough, highly imaginative and just for fun translation of Ramayana into Tumhari Disha! This post is entirely hypothetical and has no significance to the story of TD……entirely guessing & nothing else!

Gargi in order to take revenge manipulates DK into signing off all his property and money in her name and then conveniently bumps of Sumitra. Gargi then orders DK and Disha to leave Kanaka house forever and they have no choice but to do so. DK and Disha get separated due to some circumstances and they both go  their own ways…..but not without love lingering in their hearts, which will only get enhanced due to the unexpected grief that befalls them. Gargi assumes that Vedant will support her and join hands with her in enjoying her ill-gotten wealth, but Vedant will refuse to do so and will instead plot against his own Mother by joining hands with Disha and get DK's property and wealth back from her clutches to the rightful owner. But DK is nowhere to be found……

Some time will elapse, in which the dim-wit Disha will realize that she is so in love with DK but she is helpless as his whereabouts are not known. DK will surface one day…..in all probability with a make-over, minus beard and clutches…….Vedant will unite DK and Disha and hand over all his wealth back to him!

Complete crap & totally out of my own over-fertile imagination….but the similarity to the storyline of Ramayan is there……what do you guys say???

Main Rahoongi, Tumhari Disha!

Nishani IF-Dazzler
Nishani
Nishani

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 3:03am | IP Logged

Very imaginative mind - you are right Disha!

But the comparison to the Ramayan is startlingly accurate! What made you think of that? Wink

Call me insane or whatever, I think that crutch that assists DK gives him character! I can't imagine him without his support stick - or maybe I don't want to imagine him without it! It is like a part of him ever since we've seen him since the inception of TD!

And him without the beard - NEVER!!! He must never take it off! NEVER!

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 3:45am | IP Logged

Dee well done analysis, had me in splits at time, well Gargi did hint to Dk to be Ram

Ho modern version of Ramayana.But please I do not want Di to end up like Sita and end up beneath the earth.

No offense to the great epic which has really great examples to learn, but two episodes in the great epic still hurt me. How could our Lord Rama throw Sita ma out (by just listening to the Dhobi), and again why did Sita have to prove her virtue by  ending beneath mother earth.

Again excellent analysis, seriously cant your buddy include you with script writing of TD

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 4:52am | IP Logged

I certainly see the similarities... It will be interesting to see if the story continues with some parallels or not.

Nishani- I agree! DK must keep the beard!! Sorry, Ashish...

-DKaddict

Kiran1977 Senior Member
Kiran1977
Kiran1977

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 6:34am | IP Logged

Hi Disha77,

Yes it looks like the story line of Ramayan.

But what will be the role of Parineeta?

I like to hear your opinion on Parineeta.

Kiran1977 Senior Member
Kiran1977
Kiran1977

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 6:35am | IP Logged

Hi Disha77,

Yes it looks like the story line of Ramayan.

But what will be the role of Parineeta?

I like to hear your opinion on Parineeta.

Nishani IF-Dazzler
Nishani
Nishani

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 6:45am | IP Logged
Parineeta could be Ravan's sister Suparnka LOL if she decides to go hand in hand with Gargi!
Kiran1977 Senior Member
Kiran1977
Kiran1977

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 7:15am | IP Logged

That means she will cause more trouble between DK and Disha.....

Even more if she joins hands with Gargi.

Now I really want to know more about her.

Go to top