Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 22 February 2006 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
LOL fishi i think even if you follow all these rules with person who believes so many superstition you will definetly get irritated and end up fighting.. LOL Wink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian superstitions (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 22 February 2006 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
I don't know if i mentioned the one where the sandal/ shoe is lying upside down . That means you will fight .................and you know my hubby often removes his shoe and puts it upside down very carfully infront of me just to hear me scream blue murder!!!! LOL LOL

Also i do believe in not passing the knife . I push it or keep it down near the other person and ask them to pick it up !! I am damn serious about these " fight ho jaye ga" superstitions !! Embarrassed Now i learnt some new ones and will try NOT to follow them !!

Also i believe in "nazar lag jayegi" very very very seriously . I avoid praising a family members love for me , money luck,or something good that happens . I am paranoid "nazar lag jayegi" and it will be taken away from me. Embarrassed

Shezaadi

Goldie

Shezaadi

Posted: 23 February 2006 at 4:02pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Also i believe in "nazar lag jayegi" very very very seriously . I avoid praising a family members love for me , money luck,or something good that happens . I am paranoid "nazar lag jayegi" and it will be taken away from me. Embarrassed

I am also very serious about this one.Everyone finds it really funny because my sister gets in trouble with me a lot for praising things randomly and too much.

Kay Kay

Groupbie

Kay Kay

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 1:19am | IP Logged
I'd say our supersitions and beliefs are to a large extent interlinked to our culture and traditions, that have come down from generations.

Some of these, are now becoming obsolete in the face of education and science.

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 4:41am | IP Logged
RUNJAL wrote:
now this is superstitious is just crazy

NEW DELHI (AP) - A 7-year-old girl wed a stray dog as part of a ritual to ward off the "evil eye" on her and her family in eastern India, a news agency reported Wednesday-------------------------------------- report.

No matter how much progressive we make, India will continue to have these contradictions. Quite distressing, I have seen in many cases women have been target of superstitions, my grandmother tells me of the time when widows were looked down and for superstitious reasons they were secluded. How bad can this be.

icychoco

Groupbie

icychoco

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 5:41am | IP Logged
i kind of believe in superstitions and also dont. to b frank, some of them even happen[ it can b coincidence also]i take this one seriously 'never say i m too gud at this.[like ..i m the best in singing or dance or speechor.....]coz u will go down in tht field immediately.'

Lost_Soul141

IF-Rockerz

Lost_Soul141

Posted: 25 February 2006 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
i neva knew bout da eye pulsatin one! dat sumtimes happens to me Confused

Post Reply New Post

Go to top