Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

renu_1919

renu_1919

Posted: 08 February 2006 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dolly

Are you punjabi by any chance.

Yes I amSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian superstitions (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 08 February 2006 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by renu_1919

Yes I amSmile

i could tell...by this superstitionSmile

renu_1919

renu_1919

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 1:32pm | IP Logged

Yes I amSmile

guess that means you're punjabi too!

Sharon

Sharon

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
the whole sneeze thing. Its true in my eyes. it happened. i sneezed and we were halfway on a trip to see my grandpa and we had to turn around becuz of snow.

*dolly*

IF-Sizzlerz

*dolly*

Posted: 09 February 2006 at 11:53pm | IP Logged

Yes I amSmile

guess that means you're punjabi too!

yes!!

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 10 February 2006 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Jas this my favourite one too, the one below
Touch wood but I am not superstitious.
While growing up I had never had to encounter all this, but in school, friends always had their little luck things, pray like this or write a wish and place it at the statue of mother mary u will score distinctions, it is tempting but I think I am not.
My warden in the hostel always tells me dont wash or cut ur hair on this day it is not good, no explannation is given.
I am not superstitious, this number thing and wearing a particular jersey for crickters is quite popular but none of them done anything earth shaking no world cup only personal glorification is their aim.
I do not like the stress on astrology on baseless beliefs, as young people we should be bold and courageous and not be superstitious.      

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 19 February 2006 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RUNJAL

interesting stuff!
i can't not be superstitious even if I tried because my mom and grandmother would never allow it! LOL

another wedding related one: has anyone heard about this one?... you should not eat straight out of a pot because, otherwise, it'll rain on your wedding day! LOL hey someone should try that in the sahara desert!

Do you guys think that sometimes its hard to tell what is tradition/culture and what is superstition?

yaa I heard of that one.LOL

I used to eat malaii ( u kniow after the milk has been boiled and all) from the container and mY mom used to say I should not do that.LOL

eeeeeeeeeewwww malaii  yuck i hate it

I loved it too straight from the patila with some sugar sprinkled.

fishi

Groupbie

fishi

Posted: 22 February 2006 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
i never never believed in superstitions until i roomed with my best friend in university. her list is NEVER ENDING!! MY GAWWWWD!! after living with her for 3 years, now its all STUCK in my head so i keep applying the superstitions with my mom too (and she gets sooo irritated!) here are just a FEW:
- don't give someone salt in their hand, you both end up in a fight (thats the MOST common 1 coz we use salt everyday and it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to avoid giving someone SALT IN THEIR HAND!!??)
- during an eclipse, pregnant women shouldnt cut an apple, shouldn't tie their hair etc etc etc
- don't hand anyone a knife in their hand, you both end up in a fight
- another irritating one: don't rotate anything on your finger (like a keychain etc), your parents have a fight
- don't swing your legs if your feet don't touch the floor (your parents have a fight)
- don't sleep with shoes under your bed..
-PLUS following all the superstitions mentioned already!!

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYTHING WOULD CAUSE A FIGHTTT??arghhhh..imagine living with a person who would follow ALL OF THESE (plus more!!) we wud keep pulling her leg all the time!! hahahaha LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top