Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

renu_1919

renu_1919

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 1:50pm | IP Logged

What do you guys think of Indian superstitions?  Are you a superstitious person? Do you know how they came about?  Do any of you have any stories/situations that prove or disprove them?

Have you heard of any strange and totally mind-boggling superstitions? If so, share them.

Here are a couple that I know of:

-  bad luck if black cat crosses your path

-    good luck if black dog crosses your path

-    bad omen if someone sneezes right before you are about to start or do something

-    if your eye lid pulsates, it can be a sign of upcoming good or bad luck depending on whether it is your left or right eye.

Am I superstitious?... hate to admit it but I am sort of, depending on the situtation... 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian superstitions" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
no, i dont think im superstitious, touch wood! LOL

as for stories i shall come back again with some Big smile

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
I am a bit !! Embarrassed

The eyes pulsating thing !!. I don't walk under a ladder !! When my shoe/ slipper turns upside down i freak out that there will be a fight in the house . Embarrassed

I hate all animals related superstition . Except the howling dog scares me . Embarrassed

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by renu_1919

-    bad omen if someone sneezes right before you are about to start or do something

i sneeze a lot, infront of ppl too..sometimes wen there about to start things, but it doesnt really make a differance...im not superstitious, but sometimes if something goes wrong, i say its bad luck, but thats just like...u know, not really meaning it wen u say it

heart girl

IF-Sizzlerz

heart girl

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
i m not really superstitious but i was forced to b Ouch .. once i got very sick and a sant( not one of those who live on streets but hez a actual sant at a gurudwara) told me that it was coz of sum greh on me and he told my mom to give sum food (it was a combination of so many thing i don remember)  to those ppl who are poor and she did and after that my condition actually improved Confused Ouch .. i noe sum ppl mite say its weird but... Ouch

Edited by heart girl - 07 February 2006 at 3:06pm

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
im not at all superstitous. they just cant tell whats going to happen next, and i mean, how can it tell you if youre going to have bad or good luck when it can vary Confused

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
you really are superstitous LOL
i barely know any superstitions at all LOL

Shezaadi

Goldie

Shezaadi

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
I'm sort of superstitious but not like all the time.
I do sometimes believe in the eye thing, but I strongly believe in the evil eye(i don't know if that counts as superstition). But I don't believe in the black cat coming your way or stuff like that.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top