Miilee

The small screen’s Miilee

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

The title may remind you of Hrishikesh Mukherjee's 1975 film with Jaya Bhaduri, who plays the effervescent Mili, who helps mellows a drunk, violent Amitabh Bachchan.

But this small screen's Miilee (all numerologically correct!) has an entire dysfunctional family to set right.

The next biggie soap from Star Plus will be the daily Miilee.

According to the buzz, the show is slated to go on air early next month and is likely to replace the current lot of 9 pm shows.

Playing the title role is Mona Wasu (see box) who describes Miilee's character "As this bindaas girl who loves to have a good time.

She is happy-go-lucky, fun-loving with a carefree attitude. The serial has a very Sound Of Music kind of feel to it," she adds.

The plot features Miilee, an orphan who lives in a convent in Shimla. Living among the nuns, she leads a simple life, loved and adored by everyone around her.

However, at 18, she has to leave the convent to eke out a living on her own. She moves in as the governess of an old woman (played by Sushma Seth), in a huge family full of idiosyncrasies. From then on Miilee has an added task — to put the rest of the family into perspective.

Miilee is produced by Vinta Nanda and written and directed by Raman Kumar. Best known as the path-breaking Tara team, the duo is back on the small screen after a long hiatus.

"Post Tara, I went on to do several shows like Umeed, Shatranj, Agnichakra,"' says Nanda. "Off late, I was not into television as I was busy with my film White Noise. Now, I plan to do both as we have consolidated our production team which can simultaneously dabble in both television and films."

The idea of doing Miilee was sounded off almost a year ago to Nanda. "It was Shailja Kejriwal (Star's creative head) who egged me to take on this project," adds Nanda.

Interestingly, it was also Kejriwal who spotted the actress in Wasu when she anchored Operation Gold on Star Gold.

The cast of Miilee includes Ajay Gehi, Kiran Kumar, Asif Shaikh and Mahru Shaikh. Gehi, who makes his TV debut, has featured in Vishal Bhardwaj's film Maqbool, besides the Kingfisher ads.

Incidentally, Nanda also has plans for another soap and a film.

"In fact, I have already worked on the film's script. It is called Soulmate At Any Rate and is a lighthearted, full-of-life subject. I will begin casting in the next couple of weeks," adds Nanda.

[email protected]

Who is Mona Wasu?

Originally from Delhi. Shifted base to Mumbai over a year ago
Worked with the children's theatre group Khilona and did street theatre with Shabnam Hashmi in New Delhi
Anchored Operation Gold (Star Gold), a travelogue on military outposts
Part of Jeetu Chawla's telefilm 30 Day Trial, aired on SaharaOne
Has done episodic serials on BBC and TV 18
Seen in Kodak, Johnson's baby powder and Pears ads

Edited by priya - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IndraDaga thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Seems to be a gud serial. Lets hope it is not like one of Ekta Kapoor's serials
greatmaratha thumbnail
I have seen the previews.... seems to be very interesting.    which serial is it replacing at 9.00  Is it replacing dmnhc, khd, saara akaash and sanjiivi......
IndraDaga thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I think it is replacing Kehta Hai DilEdited by priya - 19 years ago
cutereems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Seems to be a nice show. Far more better than Ektaa's crap. Hope they wont change the storyline in between
greatmaratha thumbnail
i know, yeh meri life hai started off so well and now its just another kekta in the making with the villanous saas and the stupid wifey wifey things etc...

lets hope millee remains all that they promise it will be.....
Khushalay thumbnail
so i have seen her in the ads...thats y she's looked so familiar to me. Edited by Khushalay - 19 years ago
Monaji thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya

Seems to be a gud serial. Lets hope it is not like one of Ekta Kapoor's serials

Even I hope sooo

atool thumbnail
Originally posted by: rohila maarij

hi this serial will start on monday. can you tell me, is the other serials finished

😊

saara akash is shifted to 10.30 while other three are finished...

Culture thumbnail

i like what they have shown uptil now. seems like a good serial coming up...

change from the saas bahu borrrrring 😊deals