India-Forums

Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous

part 22 of Saanjh

neelam8 Groupbie
neelam8
neelam8

Posted: 08 March 2005 at 6:22am | IP Logged

Once brightly painted leaves, were now crumbling into dirt as the strength of the wind destroyed them. Trees were in the process of withering as the season of winter quietly strolled in.

The season of autumn was bidding adieu and winter was being welcomed into the campus of St. Xavier's College. To give a proper farewell to the colorful season of fall, the student body decided to hold something special for all to enjoy. After several suggestions, heated discussions and even a couple of arguments, Tarush Singh, student body president, decided the best idea was to hold a multi cultural festival on the spacious lawns of the school. What would be better than a fair where everyone could take part in?

Tarush Singh was a pretty straight-forward guy. His authoritative voice and no nonsense attitude was what helped him become student-body president. What more, his height and intimidating good looks added to the effect of him being the perfect president. He enjoyed holding his position and sincerely cared for the school. Tarush's goal was always to make sure that every event that took place in St. Xavier's was a success. Not too surprisingly, everything usually ended up as a success.

There were three weeks left until the multi cultural festival and not one person was there for decorating the campus. Trying hard not to panic, Tarush wished he had not dismissed the few people that had bothered interviewing for the decoration committee. He had just wanted someone perfect, someone who was responsible and did things punctually. The students that had come seemed so...irresponsible and undedicated. They did not seem capable of fulfilling the task asked of them. It may not sound like a big job, but it actually was. At least to Tarush.

Several days passed by and Tarush scolded himself everyday for being so picky. He was alone, sitting underneath a tree, chewing on some grapes, when someone caught his eye. Who is that? Tarush asked himself.

Spitting out a seed, Tarush ruffled his hair and stood up. Straining his brain, Tarush thought hard of who that girl wearing a black sweater was. She seemed so familiar. He could have sworn they knew each other somehow, or at least he knew her. Sargam? Sadhana? Or maybe Sanjana? Sameera? Perhaps Sanju...no she didn't look like a Sanju...who was she?

Deciding to go ask her himself, Tarush started walking towards her. He had barely taken two steps when it hit him who she was. Saanjh! Saanjh Malhotra!

Walking towards her, Tarush shrugged. How could he forget? Saanjh Malhotra was that girl who helped the new blind student. She has to be a hard-working person. Headmaster Singhania would not have given the job to just anybody like that. Her grades must be pretty high too. On top of that, she works two jobs. If that's not dedication and hard work, what is?

He was so caught up in the chain of his thoughts, Tarush did not even realize he was standing right next to Saanjh. Smiling, Saanjh stood up and said hi. "Tarush?" Ignoring Saanjh's question, Tarush looked Saanjh up and down and tilted his head to the side. Suddenly feeling uncomfortable, Saanjh moved back and looked behind her to see Aditi and Koena shrugging back at her.

"Saanjh, do you consider yourself school-spirited?" Tarush questioned.

"Um...I guess so," Saanjh replied, surprised Tarush even knew her name.

"And responsible? Creative?"

Catching onto what Tarush was asking, Saanjh looked down at her feet. He wanted her to decorate the campus in time for the fair. No wonder he was here, questioning her about her strong qualities. But she definitely could not take the job. She had enough things on her mind. The last thing she needed was another assignment.

On top of that, Saanjh could not even look into Tarush's eyes when she talked to him. They were so intimidating. Looking at a tree to the side, Saanjh bit her lip and shook her head. "I'm really sorry Tarush. Honestly. But I don't think I can do this for you. I just don't have enough time."

"Oh wow," Tarush said, clearly impressed. "I didn't even say anything about the fair and you quickly determined what I was here for. Beauty and brains. I am admiring you even more now."

Blushing, Saanjh laughed. "Tarush, I don't think—"

Cutting in, Tarush smiled and murmured, "And I absolutely love the way you say my name."

Sighing, Saanjh shook her head. "Listen, flirting with me isn't going to work. I would honestly love to help you but I just don't have the time. And I know you want everyone on this project to give it their best. I don't want you to fall behind on what could be a likely success because of me."

Impressed by every word she was saying, Tarush kneeled down and pleaded. "Please Saanjh? I know you will do great. I am confident." Reaching for her hand, Tarush clasped his hand around hers, and suddenly looked very tired. He needed someone to decorate the campus damn it!

Abhas, who was getting drinks for the girls, came in at this moment, and misinterpreted the scene. Almost spilling the beverages on Aditi's shirt, he quickly put everything down and walked up to Tarush. "Oh my God. What are you guys...Saanjh, I didn't even know you knew Tarush." Turning towards Tarush, Abhas exclaimed, "And Tarush. I mean...come on...I mean, I know you're the whole student body president person but you can't just....Oh my God." Looking back at Saanjh, Abhas put his hand over his mouth and looked like he was about to throw a tantrum. "Saanjh, you didn't even tell me. How could you? I mean marriage? I can't—"

Exasperated, Saanjh decided to say yes so Tarush would get up and not attract a bigger audience. "Yes, Tarush. Now please get up." She was just about to explain the actual situation to Abhas, when Tarush hugged her and smiled. "I am so happy, you have no idea. You are most definitely the best. The ideal person. We'll discuss the details at four, okay?" He was about to turn away when he looked back at Saanjh, and nodded towards Abhas with a smirk. "And please explain what happened to him. I'm afraid he might die of shock."

"No, there's no point of explaining Saanjh," Abhas said turning away. "I understand." Sighing deeply, Abhas turned towards Saanjh again and exclaimed, "But you're so young! I mean you're just blooming. You'll wither soon with this whole marriage thing."

Laughing, Tarush said a final goodbye and walked away.

"Abhas, listen," Saanjh said trying to get Abhas' attention.

"No, no. It's okay. He was so happy though! And now he's laughing! Did you see that smile plastered on his face? I wish I could smack it off of him. I mean no offense to you and all now. But then he said you're the ideal person he would want to marry. The perfect wife. I mean of course you will be, but good Lord." Breathing heavily, Abhas threw his hands in the air. "And he bloody wants to discuss the marriage details at four! Do your parents even know? They'll kill you. And how come you never told me that you liked Tar—?"

"Abhas, shut up!" Saanjh screamed, covering his mouth with her hand. Not moving her hand away, she continued. "This was the first time I ever talked to Tarush." Explaining the whole ordeal between them two, Saanjh spoke as calmly as she could. After she was done, she moved her hand away and rolled her eyes.

His mouth open wide, Abhas tried to manage a smile. Nodding slowly, he laughed. "Of course I knew that. I mean why else would he come? I was just adding some silly spice to the situation."

Trying not to laugh, Saanjh nodded. "Silly spice? Um, I think you have lost it."

Before Abhas could reply, Ishan walked up and reached out for Saanjh. "Saanjh?"

"Hey Ishan." Looking at her watch, Saanjh said, "You can go back to Rahul and them if you want. We still have like twenty minutes before our next class."

"Oh. Well yea, I know. Actually, I just heard someone say something, and I was wondering if it was true," Ishan said moistening his lips nervously.

"What did you hear?" Saanjh asked curiously.

"Well...um....did anyone...it's sounds weird...but did anyone just propose to you?"

Unable to stifle her laughter, Saanjh burst and said between catching her breath, "Wow, you guys. I can't believe you thought I would get married now. I mean really! How could you even think that?"

"So it's not true?" Ishan asked hopefully.

"Of course not," Saanjh replied. Teasingly, Saanjh smiled, and asked Abhas and Ishan, "Even if Tarush did propose to me, why are you two getting so worked up?"

"I was not worked up," Abhas said waving his hand carelessly. "I mean, what would I care? As long as you invited me to your wedding."

"Well, if you got married, what would I do?" Ishan asked softly.

Not sure if she heard correctly, Saanjh asked if he could repeat himself.

Clearing his throat, Ishan smiled. "I said, well, if you got married, what would I do? Who would take care of me then?"

Tinges of pink sprouted from Saanjh's cheeks and she smiled softly in return. If only he could see me smile at him, Saanjh thought sadly.

On the other hand, Ishan was reprimanding himself. I am such a bloody coward. Such a coward. I can tell half of the girls in the world I like them. Why not her?

bubbles Senior Member
bubbles
bubbles

Posted: 08 March 2005 at 11:12am | IP Logged

well neelam, its definately speeding up, i'm waiting for the festival thing to come now.

koolgirl88 Goldie
koolgirl88
koolgirl88

Posted: 08 March 2005 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
awww dats soo sweet.. Clap
|Persephone| IF-Sizzlerz
|Persephone|
|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director, BollyCurry Executive Director

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
wow...that is sooooooo kewl...i love it...-plz write more...wow...u real good
Nisha82 Senior Member
Nisha82
Nisha82

Posted: 19 March 2005 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
ummm...interesting...another character...lets see if he really does propose to her later on?????
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top