Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Swetha...I just caught up with your update...and I must say it is fantabulous...I gotta learn so much and your writing style is so lucid...I loved it..though have not completed the whole thing...Will do it soon and get back to you...😳
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you very much guys! didn't expect such response 😆

but now feeling good that u all r liking it. next update will be 2 nite or by 2moro.

coming up: Seriousness in Gandhar - discussion btw Gandharraj n Alka!

will try to post even "the roles of others during Invasion" but not sure.

Swetha
swethasyam08 thumbnail

Seriousness in Gandhar

Discussion between Gandharraj & Alka

When Gandharraj sent for Alka, he made sure that Ambhik was kept away from the conference. Telling Ambhik to receive the Greek Messenger's, he asked Alka, "My daughter! I have called you here for a special purpose."

"Why must you be so apologetic in calling your daughter even without any purpose? Sire! Please stop being so formal with me. You're the king and can summon anybody you want to."

"No dear! A king is the fountain of all authority. With what epithet can you address a king whose commands are defied by his own son? ... Any way the reason I called you here was I received information that an invader is right at our gate. He wants passage through our state which in plain words means to either allow him to invade our country or to fight.

I hear from our sleuths that this Greek invader is a divine person and is invincible. Even otherwise, our taking him on is a difficult proposition because of our recent fight with the forces of Panchanad. Aambhik brought the matter to a head without assessing his own strength. Through our forces were not fully utilized, even this minor defeat has sagged their morale. And if allow him passage, we accept our defeat! What should we do?"

Alka: "The invader is at our gate is known to me already. Acharya had envisaged such a situation about two years back and right since his arrival this time he had been organizing a student force in his own way, which he calls his 'nationalist force'. He has his own sleuths who told us about it about a fortnight back. We are not that ill-prepared. But did those messengers specify where they want this passage to?"

"No!.. But I have sent Ambhik to gather full information and report me. But I suspect the invader's target to be Panchanadpradesh. By giving him the passage, the Gandhar would be deemed to have been overpowered and then the divine person might subdue Parvateswar!"

"Then you take it, sire, that Ambhik would welcome the invader fro obvious reasons. Ambhik shouldn't have been sent there as your representative. If you yourself couldn't have gone there I should have been sent or even Vajradutta, our Minister."

"But why do you underestimate the intelligence of your brother, Alka! He is not child and if Gandhar falls he doesn't gain at all!"

"Pardon my saying this, sire, but perhaps you don't know your son. He is not as much concerned with the fall of Gandhar as he is with the fall of Panchanad state! If Alexander is really interested in attacking Panchanad, your prince would not only provide him a free passage but also with arms and soldiers.

And the Greek is no fool. He would exploit the situation to the hilt. His masterstroke is this: to ask passage from an adversary to attack another adversary. He also seems to adhere to Acharya's theory that the enemy's enemy is our best friend."

"Sire! The time for consultation is past. Your representative would agree to whatever the invader demands to serve his own petty end. The casualty would not only be the sovereignty and integrity of Gandhar, but also that of entire Aryavarta! And history would hold my father responsible for this act of treachery, as you are the sovereign lord here, not Ambhik!"

Gandharraj was bewildered. He was worried for his Gandhar. Giving peaceful passage meant allowing him Gandhar's sovereignty. Still he thought that Ambhik would inform him before finalizing the treaty.

He explained: "But Alka! I have not given Ambhik the authority to finalise the treaty. He has been sent there only to gather information. If in his youthful exuberance he commits anything I can always overrule his decision."

Alka responded with a scornful smile, saying: "Sire! You know the reality' Anyway, you have done what worst you could, although unintentionally. Now let me act on my own. May I go now?"

"If my daughter also chooses to desert me in such a crisis, what can I say? You're always free to move!"

"Please, father! Don't take me otherwise. I can't tolerate any blamed falling on you either. We don't have much time. I must inform Acharya."

And so saying Alka left and repaired straight to the Ashram of the Acharya. There were many students residing there and Chanakya had started calling it an Ashram.

Now days he was spending more time in organizing various students' groups as armed and small clans in the region. 

Swetha

Edited by vss08 - 12 years ago
Abhiram- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Swetha,I have a book on Chanakya,and the latest part that you have posted is exactly same as in the book !!!! Are you posting from te book ?😊 Edited by nivren - 12 years ago
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome 
thnx for sharing
swethasyam08 thumbnail
yeah Abhi especially this part i have taken from the Book Chanakya by B.K. Chaturvedi.

most of my updates will be a mixture of various articles. but this detailed part wasn't there in any other articles. so thought let me post this part from the book.

it is so detailed and good one.

Swetha

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
The Update Was Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
ashi.melodyfire thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
its nyc updt meine bhi yeh pt uss book book mein se dekha hai😊 
pehli baar meine swetha ki updt par jaldi cmmnt kar diya hai 😉

justjayati thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sorry Shweta for commenting late but coming to the point...
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! loved it!!!!
Update soon!!!
swethasyam08 thumbnail
thank u Kushi, Abhi, Radhika, Ashi, Jayathi n tiny for liking my post. 😊

Swetha