SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Hello my fellow Gohem fans!
I know all of us missed Ahemji today, so I have a treat for you all.

I wrote a OS based on the current track. The idea for the OS was given to me by a friend, who believe it or not got the idea while showering. My friend prefers to stay silent reader so I won't mention any names.

This is something we hope to see on the show based on the current track.

The credit for the idea goes to the friend I only wrote it.

Hope you enjoy it.

Three weeks after the big revelation Modi's have calmed down a bit. They still hadn't come up with a permanent solution to the problems faced by two of the younger Modi children. Rashi was still with her mom, and Kinjal and Dhaval are now living at Modi Bhavan. Kinjal continues her modeling and Dhaval has joined Modi constructions.

One afternoon the men came home, tired and hungry. Hetal and Koki greeted them at the door with Jai Shree Krishna. After everyone settled down Chirag turned to Hetal. "Hetal we could use some of Gopi's ginger tea and snacks." Hetal smiled at her husband. "She is already preparing the tea. She will be bringing it out soon." Gopi came out of the kitchen with tea and snacks before Hetal finished speaking.

Gopi quietly handed everyone the tea and snacks and stood back. Ahem watched as Gopi twisted her hands in front of her. She has been quieter than her usual self. The constant worrying and sleepless nights were taking its toll on her. She didn't think he noticed her trying to lay still so she wouldn't disturb him, but he knew she lay awake night after night worrying about Rashi and also about his sister.

Gopi stopped defending her mami and Rashi recently, and he didn't know what brought this change in her. Ahem glanced over at Dhaval and thought maybe he had something to do with it. Her eyes constantly looked for approval in his mother's eyes, and he noticed that his mother has finally softened towards Gopi. He breathed a sigh of relief at this; he knew that had also been bothering her.

One other thing he had noticed was his sister's behavior towards Gopi. Her constant criticisms and belittling of Gopi. Yet Gopi never said anything in her defense, just accepted the blame and tried to do her best the next time. Nothing seemed to make Kinjal happy. Kinjal thought that no one noticed how she treated Gopi but he had watched her from the first day when Kinjal criticized Gopi's cooking and disrespected her. He is going to have to talk to his sister soon. He had been trying to give her time to get over her anger towards Gopi's family but now he realized it was not her anger that was making her behave in this manner towards Gopi. Kinjal obviously did not like Gopi and thought she was no better than a servant in this house.

"And whose fault is that Ahem?" Ahem frowned and thought everyone was to be blamed for this, most especially him, for not realizing his wife's worth.

Ahem was brought out of his rumination by the ringing of the doorbell. He watched as Gopi rushed to open the door, curious to see who was on the other side. Everyone was shocked to see Rashi and her mom standing there. He noticed Rashi's mom glare at Gopi and say something to her quietly. Gopi immediately moved back and looked down in shame. He followed his mom to the door. Gopi moved back further away from everyone.

"Urmilaben, now what new dramas have you come to create?" his mom asked in a controlled voice. "Haven't you and your daughter put up enough shows for us and our neighbors?"

Urmila glared at Koki, and gave a cunning smile to all the Modi's. "Nahi vavenji, today I am not here to create a drama, but tell you about a drama that your daughter put on at time of Gopi's wedding."

Everyone looked on in confusion and thought now what is she going on about. It must be one of her new kalakaris to bring Rashi back to Modi Bhavan and to take Dhaval and Kinjal back. They all knew Urmila didn't care about Kinjal at all but she does miss Dhaval's income from the store, which is now closed at Koki's insistence.

Koki pulled her pallu over the shoulder and glared back at Urmila. "Urmilaben, say whatever you want to say immediately, we don't have time for your nonsense."

Urmila stood her ground. "Vavenji even I don't want to be here since all of you are so convinced that my daughter is bad and she did chalaki to marry Jigar. I want to show you what the Modi daughter did to stop her own brother's wedding."

Everyone waited for her to continue.

Gopi was most confused of all since she didn't know what her mami was talking about. She thought back to those days just before the wedding. When Kinjalben tried to tell her that Ahemji was in love with Anitaji they had been alone. If mami was talking about this, how did she know that Kinjalben tried to stop her and Ahemji's wedding? Gopi waited for her mami to reveal what she knew then she will defend Kinjalben.

"I want to tell you about a letter that came to our house a few days before the wedding. The letter was addressed to Gopi from Ahem and it said that he did not want to marry Gopi. He was in love with a girl name Anita whom he wanted to marry but his mom was forcing him to marry Gopi."

While this shocked everyone, Gopi was devastated. She looked at her mami and Rashiben with tears in her eyes. This means her very own sister had lied to her. She thought her sister loved her and she had trusted her completely. It seems that her sister had her own plans so she lied about the letter. She didn't have to guess at Rashiben's plan either; it had all been done so she could marry Jigarji. Everything that Jigarji said about Rashiben and what she did to marry him is true.

Gopi could not believe that her sister whom she loved unconditionally and trusted blindly would do something like this. She had been having doubts lately, especially after some of the things Kinjalben had said to her. Rashiben had told her that the letter said that Ahemji loved Gopi and wanted to marry her, not that he loved someone else.

"Urmilaben, what does this letter have to do with Kinjal? I am aware that my son loved someone else before marriage and he may have written the letter. What difference does this make now?" Koki questioned Urmilaben, not caring that now the whole family knew about Ahem and the girl he had wanted to marry.

Ahem put his hand on his mom's arm. "Mom, I did not write the letter. Once my decision was made, I had no intention to back out of my marriage."

He glanced at Gopi and flinched at the tears on her face. It seems she had been the innocent victim in the whole situation yet she is the one who was made to cry the most.

"That's right vavenji, your son did not write the letter; your daughter Kinjal did. If you don't believe me, why don't you ask your honest Gopi vahu to show you the letter? I am sure she still has it." Urmila said to Koki with a smug look on her face.

Before anyone could ask Gopi anything, Kinjal arrived at the door. Koki was shocked to see who she brought with her and Ahem was frozen in place after seeing Anita with his sister.

"Kinjal, how dare you bring this girl with you?" Koki was glaring at her daughter.

While everyone else was looking on with confusion, Anita and Ahem were staring at each other, making mental notes of changes that took place in a year. "Hi Ahem, how are you?"

Ahem finally looked around at his family and then back at Anita. "I am fine Anita." Ahem was stunned to realize he did not feel anything upon seeing Anita. He only felt indifference but the joy or happiness that he thought he would feel on seeing her again was not there.

Anita was shocked at Ahem's indifferent greetings; she realized that many changes have taken place in Ahem in the past year.

Gopi stumbled back a step and placed her hand on her mouth, when she realized the girl with Kinjal was none other than Anita, the girl Ahemji had been in love with, the girl he may still be in love with. In that one moment Gopi's whole world came crashing down around her.

Urmila and Rashi were silently laughing at the drama unfolding on Modi's doorstep and waited to see what happened next.

Kinjal saw Gopi's pained expression and smirked. She turned to her mother. "Ma, Anita is my friend and I invited her here."

Koki stared at Kinjal and Anita angrily. "We will talk about this later, first answer me this. Did you write a letter to Gopi vahu in Ahem's name before their marriage?"

Kinjal raised her chin and asked, "What letter?" thinking that she can get away with that answer.

But Rashi was very quick to respond to Kinjal reminding her of that incident. Kinjal proudly and resolutely replied, "Oh that! Yes, I did."

Koki took a threatening step towards Kinjal and shouted. "Why Kinjal? Why did you do this?"

"Bhai did not want to marry her. Bhai loved Anita... and what was the result of the letter anyway? The shameless girl still showed up for the wedding. Doesn't this tell you that she was also after the Modi name and money? If she had any pride she would have left when bhai didn't accept her but she still stays here knowing bhai does not love her so I ask you why? This was all their chalaki to live the life of luxury; she is just as guilty as these two." Kinjal pointed at Urmila and Rashi.

She turned back to Koki. "Mom, I am tired of you controlling me and bhai, and this is why I brought Anita with me. Bhai deserves better than that gawar."

Ahem took a step toward Kinjal and shouted, "That's enough Kinjal!" he raised his hand to slap her but stopped when he heard Gopi call out to him. "Ahemji!"

Everyone turned towards Gopi. She was sobbing her heart out and just shaking her head. She took a stumbling step backwards then turned and ran out of the room.

Koki took a step towards her and shouted her name but stopped when Ahem placed his hand on her arm. "Mom I will go check on her." He glanced back to glare at Kinjal before leaving to check on Gopi.

Gopi ran to her bedroom sobbing her heart out, questioning her Kanaji. "Why did you do this to me Kanaji? Why did you make me the reason for Ahemji's pain and misery?"

If only she had been able to read and write then mami and Rashiben would not have been taken advantage of her situation for their own gains. How can she ever face Ahemji and his family?

Ahem found her in their room by the window, in the same spot she had been standing at on her birthday, crying just as she was now. How many other times had she stood there crying her heart out when he shouted at her? Ahem's mind flashed back to all the incidents when he scolded her, hurt her feelings and rejected her. All those times she must have cried just as she was now, alone, with no one to console her.

The incident that stood out most in his mind was the day he found out about her illiteracy and slapped her when she insisted that she had told him she didn't know how to read and write before their marriage. He had not believed her then. Now he knew she must have told him but he hadn't heard her. The reason for this is at that time he was lost in his own pain and misery, which she had been unaware of.

Ahem stepped into the room and slowly made his way towards her. "Gopi?"

Gopi quickly wiped her tears and turned towards him. "Ahemji, please forgive me because of me your whole life was ruined, because of my short comings your whole life was spoiled. Now that I know the truth, it's best that I leave so you can be with the one you love."

Her words were like a thousand sharp daggers piercing his heart all at once. Ahem closed his eyes feeling that pain. Immediately, flashes of scenes blazed past his mind of Gopi, when they first met, with a diya in her hand, Gopi showing him her mehendi, him putting on her mangalsutra and sindoor on their wedding day, Gopi at dandiya competition, Gopi at Diwali when she burned her hand, Gopi when she came back with him without asking any questions for Nani's sake, Gopi batting the winning ball at the cricket competition, Gopi holding his hand because he was afraid of heights, Gopi helping him win the contract in Switzerland. One by one every moment that she stood by him and his family flashed through his mind. But the one that had the most impact on him was Gopi at Holi, looking beautiful, putting color on his face and telling him, "Ahemji, I can't live without you."

Ahem opened his eyes just as Gopi was walking past him, he grabbed her hand to stop her and uttered softly, "Please don't leave me... I, too, cannot live without you."

It took a moment for the words to sink into her, when they did she looked up at him in surprise, shaking her head in denial. "No Ahemji, I am not worthy of you. You deserve to be with someone who is equal to you, someone like Anitaji." Tears welled up in her eyes and roll down her cheeks involuntarily.

Ahem pulled her close to him gently wiped her tears and looked in her eyes, "Who says you're not worthy of me? I think I am the one who is not worthy of you and your pure heart. There is no one else in this world that is more right for me than you. I was blind not to see your big generous heart, a heart that loves blindly. It doesn't see whether the person is worthy of that love, it just gives without questions and doesn't ask for any love in return. Your heart is priceless. You are priceless and if you leave me... I will die." He closed his eyes and waited for her decision. The words he spoke just now were all true. He doesn't know how he will survive if she still decides to leave him.

Gopi's tears continued to roll down her cheeks as she reflected back on his words. "Ahemji," she said his name softly. When he opened his eyes and looked at her, she threw herself in his arms. This time he caught her and wrapped his arms around her tightly, without any hesitation, and held on for dear life.

After a long moment, Ahem pulled back, kissed her softly on the forehead, wiped her tears and took her hand. "Come with me." They both walked downstairs hand in hand. Ahem noted the varying expressions on his family's face, from pleasant, surprise to shock.

Ahem didn't stop to give explanations to the family and walked straight to mandir.

He stopped then turned towards Gopi taking both of her hands in his, "One day you stood in front of my family and took your wedding vows back to make me happy. Today I would like to make some vows to you in front of your Kanaji and my family."

Gopi and Ahem turned to look behind them, to see their whole family watching them. Koki and Hetal both had happy tears in their eyes. Chirag and Parag looked on proudly and Jigar was smiling widely. Kinjal was shocked while Urmila and Rashi, still at the door, glared at them.

Ahem turned back towards Gopi, cupped her face and wiped the tears from her face. He reached down and took her hands again. "Today I promise to always love you in good times and bad. You will never find yourself alone because I will be standing right beside you. You will never face difficulties alone because I will be with you to share your pain."

Gopi couldn't hide the joy at his words. More silent tears rolled down her cheeks but this time from happiness.

Ahem smiled down at her tenderly. "You have shown me your love in many different ways and I did not appreciate the gift you showered on me. Today I promise to make up for all the pain I caused you in the past and replace every bad memory with good memories and give you lots of happiness. I love you just as much as you love me, and much more. Will you please give me this chance and spend rest of your life with me?"

Gopi glanced towards her beloved Kanaji, then her maji, before turning back to Ahem. "Ahemji, the pleasure is mine to spend the rest of my life with you." Ahem breathed a sigh of relief and smiled with happiness.

The family came forward and hugged and blessed them both. They all turned towards Kanji to thank him for giving them so much happiness.

*~+~*

Thank you friends!😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gmjudv thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awesome OS Shilpa.  Everything we want to see in the show condensed in the OS.  Hopefully the CV's also read this and get some ideas on how to tale this story.  Thanks for taking the time and effort.
-JollyJabeen- thumbnail
Such a sweet and loved OS,Im smiling at Ahem's words,How cute!,Can't wait till this really happensπŸ˜ƒ
NazmaJ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

That was simply gorgeous!!!

I absolutely loved it!! The way everything came together was brilliant. Ahem's feelings at the beginning and his thoughts about Gopi were really nice to read. Kinjal bringing Anita back and then Ahem's complete indifference was a masterstroke!!
Gopi was also really believably upset, however the best part for me was the way you brought them together!!

A great job Shilpa!!!
tina_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
awesome os...wish dis happens in d show
aNsHu_tEjPaL thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
omg!!! that was just sooo beautiful and  very emotional!!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely loved it...i wish something like this happened on tv too!!!!!!! it was too goood
Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Awesome Shilpa. I read your OS and it was as if I was watching an actual episode. Thank you so much.
Faayey thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This was beautifully written.😍 β€οΈ
the way ahem expressed his love for gopi was perfectly writtenn β€οΈ
Hats off to you πŸ‘

Faisa xx

Edited by faayey - 12 years ago
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
It's an Awesome OS. The paragraph with all the romantic scenes of this serial was my personal favourite.

This one...

Immediately, flashes of scenes blazed past his mind of Gopi, when they first met, with a diya in her hand, Gopi showing him her mehendi, him putting on her mangalsutra and sindoor on their wedding day, Gopi at dandiya competition, Gopi at Diwali when she burned her hand, Gopi when she came back with him without asking any questions for Nani's sake, Gopi batting the winning ball at the cricket competition, Gopi holding his hand because he was afraid of heights, Gopi helping him win the contract in Switzerland. One by one every moment that she stood by him and his family flashed through his mind. But the one that had the most impact on him was Gopi at Holi, looking beautiful, putting color on his face and telling him, "Ahemji, I can't live without you."
uamaz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful πŸ‘

Are you reading CV's. ?